💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new video

Katy Perry - Bon Appétit ft. Migos

MaryJaneHolland

Featured Posts

Omar Vela
1 minute ago, StrawberryBlond said:

I am genuinely flabbergasted. And not in a good way.

This video is disgusting. I actually felt like crying at some points. It is sick how even in 2017, women's bodies are just objects for the male gaze and in this case, literal objects. To be moulded and sculpted (those scenes where her flesh was pinched, her feet twisted and her legs stretched made me want to throw up). Throw in some glamorisation of murder and cannibalism and you have a music video that never should have seen the light of day. Truly her DWUW moment, but at least Gaga and her team had the good sense to halt the brakes on that one and in retrospect, I'm so glad they did. Here was me thinking that all we were going to get at most would be some twerking and some cultural appropriation accusations. I didn't think she'd have the guts to go for Xtina levels of controversial video because this just isn't Katy's style. She's about nudge nudge wink wink sexuality, not the explicit stuff. Partly because she likes to keep things PG for her large child audience. This video goes against her image in the worst possible way. I knew it was going to get hate and be controversial but this is stratospheric. I hope people hit the dislike button so hard on this and make it her most disliked video of all time. We need to send the message loud and clear that we do not want this image of women and such negative messages in our society. Katy claims to be a feminist. She brings shame to our cause.

I can't believe so many of you are saying you like this. I notice most of you don't even bring up the negative messages in this video at all. Not to be offensive here, but seeing as the majority of you are likely male, I'm not surprised that you don't get it. You don't even consider the implications this video has. As men, they don't apply to you, so they are irrelevant. As a female, this video makes me feel genuinely ill. If this is also the feeling that anyone else feels deep down in their heart, don't worry: you're not a prude if you don't like it. Being offended and disgusted by the objectification of women while men are are glorified is not prudish. It's called being compassionate and humane.

Because...again...ART DOESN'T HAVE TO BE HAPPY AND PRETTY ALL THE TIME. It's about aesthetics, artist message (good or bad) and what it makes you feel (the fact that you felt disgusted it's part of all of this). You SJWs are in favor of freedom but at the same time want to ban everything that doesn't go with your opinion. It's a music video, it's not like she murder someone in real life.

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ReidOne

It is sick how even in 2017, women's bodies are just objects for the male gaze and in this case, literal objects.  

Not to be rude, but I think you are missing the point... She's making this exact statement herself by the end of the video, where she "turns the tables" and becomes the consumer, not the consumed. 

This video goes against her image in the worst possible way.

This has been her image since day one. :awkney:

"the taste of her cherry chapstick"

I_Kissed_a_Girl.png

HIMER0S
Just now, ReidOne said:

Even before I watched, I was wondering... "I wonder if they had to rush thru editing to help save the sinking ship?"

Well that last part ( especially "epilogue" ) looks really, really bad :D

Obviously it has been rushed due to the poor chart performance :P 

I don't need eyes to see

Poope MOnster

dough scene was hilarious
katy with G.U.Y hair are beautiful
too rush ending bad CG at that pie

i think message  is about goverment or something but idgi it not succesful deliver for me

but overall good video :golfclap:

i hope gaga will take that not to abandon project even it flop kudos katy for that :golfclap:

Just now, MaryJaneHolland said:

dont make me start :awkney:

Hide contents

she can try using smth else other than fancy screens and backgrounds :awkney:

the fancy screens and backgrounds have worked pretty well for gagz so far :laughga: idk why she'd stop :laughga:

...ıllıllı c h e r r y c h e r r y b o o m b o o m ıllıllı...

River
18 minutes ago, IAmDavid said:

oh shut up. this is not laughing at rape victims.Stop being overly dramatic and unreasonable.

you are ****ing reported.

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

donutellha

oye

a little cheeky but definitely messy 

Walk down the runway but don't puke, it's okay. You just had 10 donuts today. Without frosting.

Dominic
8 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

I am genuinely flabbergasted. And not in a good way.

This video is disgusting. I actually felt like crying at some points. It is sick how even in 2017, women's bodies are just objects for the male gaze and in this case, literal objects. To be moulded and sculpted (those scenes where her flesh was pinched, her feet twisted and her legs stretched made me want to throw up). Throw in some glamorisation of murder and cannibalism and you have a music video that never should have seen the light of day. Truly her DWUW moment, but at least Gaga and her team had the good sense to halt the brakes on that one and in retrospect, I'm so glad they did. Here was me thinking that all we were going to get at most would be some twerking and some cultural appropriation accusations. I didn't think she'd have the guts to go for Xtina levels of controversial video because this just isn't Katy's style. She's about nudge nudge wink wink sexuality, not the explicit stuff. Partly because she likes to keep things PG for her large child audience. This video goes against her image in the worst possible way. I knew it was going to get hate and be controversial but this is stratospheric. I hope people hit the dislike button so hard on this and make it her most disliked video of all time. We need to send the message loud and clear that we do not want this image of women and such negative messages in our society. Katy claims to be a feminist. She brings shame to our cause.

I can't believe so many of you are saying you like this. I notice most of you don't even bring up the negative messages in this video at all. Not to be offensive here, but seeing as the majority of you are likely male, I'm not surprised that you don't get it. You don't even consider the implications this video has. As men, they don't apply to you, so they are irrelevant. As a female, this video makes me feel genuinely ill. If this is also the feeling that anyone else feels deep down in their heart, don't worry: you're not a prude if you don't like it. Being offended and disgusted by the objectification of women while men are are glorified is not prudish. It's called being compassionate and humane.

A woman feels empowered and sexually liberated.

Everyone: no! That's wrong.  You're doing feminism all wrong. Do it the way we tell you. 

Isn't the video a commentary on just that? How she was going to be objectified but turns the tables around? Hence her tweet "I'm not a piece of meat". 

Why do we always blame the women and never those who objectify them? 

Usually agree with you but on this occasion it's a no from me. Blame my sex if you want. 

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

ReidOne
Just now, Pietro said:

GUY meets BTW condom couture 

Complete with Judas hot tub scene and Telephone murdering the guests dining. 

AURA
7 minutes ago, Beyond said:

LMFAO!Get your facts checked. BA sucks.MV has BR storyline,G.U.Y elements,DWUW vibes.She literally copied what Gaga did in past 6-7 years.I'm going to enjoy her flopping anyways.Gaga slays her whole existence.Katy can't even sing.Gaga is an artist here,Katy Perry is just..ehh another bubble-candy pop-girl.Shut your dumb mouth,Becky

Not that I don't agree with the 2nd part of your post (even tho i love Katy), but you could've found a nicer way to express your thoughts. You just seem like a pressed monster who cannot express his opinions without getting agressive, which isn't very Born This Way of you. Guess we deserve our teputation:madge:

Archived