💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Did Kesha Copy Gaga?

Dorothy Gale

Featured Posts

kvnrp

Did you mean: Did Dr.Luke copy Gaga?

Joke aside, I don't think so. Poker Face was still everywhere when Animal came out, it's the same thing as Love Me Harder "copied" DWUW :shrug:

JohnWayne23

Dr. Luke created Ke$ha (yes the one with the dollar sign) to be the answer to Lady Gaga.

So i think Ke$ha was meant to mirror Gaga in a lot of ways.

Think, Christina Aguilera coming along after Britney had success.

I mean Ke$ha did succeed. She had 4 top 10s from her first album, just like Gaga did (in the US)

Many artist copied over the time some things Gaga already did, such a trendsetting and beauty queen 

:diane:

𝕞𝕪 𝕓𝕚𝕘𝕘𝕖𝕤𝕥 𝕖𝕟𝕖𝕞𝕪 𝕚𝕤 𝕞𝕖, 𝕡𝕠𝕡 𝕒 𝟡𝟙𝟙

thatfoxyfeeling

Yes she did, her style, persona and the electronic sound was following the trend Gaga set. Tik Tok was a copy of Just Dance. Don't quote me because you know it's true. :gaysia:

Dirtyicecreamz

Not with this but in a general sense, I think so a bit. She was kinda the purposely "trashy" gaga version. That being said, sooooooooo many pop girls were inspired by Lady gaga's antics. They saw how much attention her craziness was getting so suddenly it became normal to not be normal and push the envelope. Remember when Gaga slayed the 2010 vmas and a year later everyone came dressed like her? 

Stop the music, Start the drama.

Dorothy Gale
4 minutes ago, JohnWayne23 said:

Dr. Luke created Ke$ha (yes the one with the dollar sign) to be the answer to Lady Gaga.

So i think Ke$ha was meant to mirror Gaga in a lot of ways.

Think, Christina Aguilera coming along after Britney had success.

I mean Ke$ha did succeed. She had 4 top 10s from her first album, just like Gaga did (in the US)

Just now, JamesFox said:

Yes she did, her style, persona and the electronic sound was following the trend Gaga set. Tik Tok sounds very similar and the music video has the same vibe. Don't quote me because you know it's true. 

I love Kesha, but I didn't even realize until now how similar her early work was to Gaga. Electro-pop music that would play great in clubs, girl wearing glitter and acting crazy. It's so obvious in retrospect.

uo111
17 minutes ago, JamesFox said:

Yes she did, her style, persona and the electronic sound was following the trend Gaga set. Tik Tok was a copy of Just Dance. Don't quote me because you know it's true. :gaysia:

Same song tbh.

18 minutes ago, Dorothy Gale said:

I love Kesha, but I didn't even realize until now how similar her early work was to Gaga. Electro-pop music that would play great in clubs, girl wearing glitter and acting crazy. It's so obvious in retrospect.

Not only Kesha, every pop girl started acting wild and dressing colorful once Gaga appeared. I'm not saying they all copied Gaga, but there are definitely a few cases where Gaga was the inspiration.

OT: Not at all. The only similarity is the beginning and that's only a reach imo. :D

WildAmerican

Only one of those is iconic tho so it don't matter.

EDIT: I actually just listened all of the Poker Face instrumental, so epic....

Nemo

Maybe a little (in general, not this), but I feel like Kesha got her own thing going on.

PMKKARDASHiAN

Everyone copied gaga in 2009-2011 :diane:

Our influential queen :diane:

But yea Ke$ha was just a low brow Gaga. I always thought that was kinda known :laughga: kinda like how Nicki Minaj was the black Gaga. 

Ke$ha still made BOPS! Animal was my party album for a solid year. 

JohnWayne23

It's interesting, I'm looking at the year -end charts from 2010, and Ke$ha really BLEW the other pop girls away that year. 

Top Female Radio Song of 2010: "Tik Tok" - Ke$ha

"Your Love is My Drug" was 7th

Best Selling Song of 2010: "Tik Tok" - Ke$ha

"Your Love Is My Drug" was the 6th best selling female song

"Blah Blah Blah"  was the 8th best selling female song

Most Played Song of Pop Radio in 2010: "Tik Tok" - Ke$ha

Top Singles Artist of 2010: Ke$ha

Archived