Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Political Environment Destroying Female Pop?

JohnWayne23

Featured Posts

JohnWayne23

They often say that media and art are influenced by what is going on in society.

Fashion is very influenced by it. In the 80's when women started working in the corporate field a lot more, shoulder pads became popular. It gave the shape of the male figure. 

1980s-vogue-model.jpg

During Obama's presidency we saw a lot more expression in the music industry. Gaga was able to become a thing. Being different was embraced. Pro-gay songs and music videos were every where and female artists dominated.

435d8ebc2e62e34ef297e06218b239fd.jpgGay-kiss-in-Firework-3-gay-rights-231703

But here we are in the Trump era and things seem different since 2017 started. The music industry has suddenly been male dominated. The pop girls, who once dominated, are being destroyed on the charts. I can't help but think that the emergence of this environment of misogyny that Trump has brought is somehow affecting what people listen to. There's no more being different. Every artist looks "normal" now and i think this is due to the GP's turn against being different, so artists have to acclimate to sell. 

from this  miley-cyrus-nude-outfit-mtv-vmas-2013-ftr1.jpg to this Miley-Cyrus-bb11-a-fea-jux82x-wq2-2017-a-billboard-1240.jpg

I just want this Trump **** over with. :pray:

giskardsb

Trump voters are not generally going to be pop music's demographic, so I don't think thats a valid reason for what you are seeing.

takemetovenus

While I definitely do believe our society and it's politics definitely do influence a lot of things, one of them being pop music and pop culture, it's a little ridiculous to believe Trump himself has a hand in what's trending in pop music :sweat: 

JohnWayne23
8 minutes ago, takemetovenus said:

While I definitely do believe our society and it's politics definitely do influence a lot of things, one of them being pop music and pop culture, it's a little ridiculous to believe Trump himself has a hand in what's trending in pop music :sweat: 

lol i don't mean trump himself. I mean the movement behind him 

FFXIV WhiteMage

It will have an effect but only to a certain extent. GP whether pro/against Trump will bop to pop songs irregardless of the singer. I just like to think of what's happening to the music industry right now as a cycle. I mean there were a time where male disco funk dominated the charts, then the DIVAS came, then the boy groups, the rappers, the RnB, Pop girls, etc. and of course Gaga's comeback will happen and the WW will be shookT :sis:

AURA

@OP you could've used Gaga's joanna pics as well. From wearing meat to wearing jeans shorts and a shirt.

YeehawKylie

Somehow a music chart topped by Luis Fonsi, DJ Khaled, Bruno Mars, and Kendrick Lamar (demographically speaking) doesn't really sound Trumpian....:awkney:

River

Nah, it's really natural that the male singers are taking the front once in a while..

The female pop is really not good at the moment.. so it's adding..

The GP doesn't care about the gender.. if the song is good so they listen to it.. and the most important, if it's on the radio, I listen to it anyway because this is what they play for me..

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

AndyDWUW

It can also just be bad music :awkney:

If Gaga released club bangers, Katy served decent bops, Ariana released a new album, if Kesha was FREE, if Britney made good music A La FEMME FATALE...

I think it's just a coincidence.

Fame IV

Well, Gaga is the main female star of 2017, the Superbowl performance proved that she's better than ever.

A Star is Born ⭐

rawrimamonster

I think that this kind of stuff- with the political environment and spikes in misogyny, racism, etc. effects everything on a more subconscious level but I would say that it IS effecting pop music and pop culture in general. Look at Ghostbusters last year, it was a pretty good movie but it was slammed by Milo and his alt-right Twitter army and that sort of overshadowed the good parts of the movie. So many people turned against it because it was "ruining their childhoods" with a "politically correct" all-female cast. 

I think stuff has a ripple effect- like Trump makes it okay to have this fragile, defensive masculinity so then some random teenage boys think they have to be defensive about being masculine, too, and that results in them not listening to female pop so they don't "seem gay." No one is going to say "hey I'm not listening to Gaga and Katy Perry because of Trump" but it still has an effect. 

AlexanderLevi2
11 hours ago, AndyDWUW said:

It can also just be bad music :awkney:

If Gaga released club bangers, Katy served decent bops, Ariana released a new album, if Kesha was FREE, if Britney made good music A La FEMME FATALE...

I think it's just a coincidence.

Ok but like are we in middle school? I don't need club bangers to enjoy Gaga's music... And I don't think she wants her legacy to be "club bangers" :neyde:

Currently listening to Joanne

ryhanna

Lol no, top 40 is just super directionless right now. And... the past like, 4 years...

Katy could easily have a hit if she'd release something better than her second single. 

Dorothy Gale

Men feel threatened by the transgender acceptance movement and the increasing tolerance of gays, as well as women's ever expanding role in society. In a world where gender is becoming less important, people are pushing back. Males cling to the most frivolous rap music to fit in with their peers. It's going to be like this until people finally accept gays and trans people.

Archived