💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

The future of pop music: No more female artists?

Korok

Featured Posts

Korok
2 minutes ago, bloodymario said:

Let´s not. Gaga´s singles are about relationships since when? Superficially yes, but every Gaga song has a true deep meaning, and The Cure is her first true love song, so what are you talking about? :oprah:

And you probably haven´t heard past pop music :sharon:

Are we listening to the same music? Some of Gaga's biggest hits were about relationships and sex. Pokerface? Lovegame? Bad Romance? 

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lost in limbo
Just now, Korok said:

Are we listening to the same music? Some of Gaga's biggest hits were about relationships and sex. Pokerface? Lovegame? Bad Romance? 

Poker Face is about sex, you got that right.

LoveGame´s superficial meaning is about sex, but it´s deep meaning is, as Gaga said before ´´the verge (i think that´s how she said it) between Love AND Fame´´. 

And Bad Romance is a REALLY different type of love song. I mean, who nowadays sings about wanting the ´´deepest, sickest parts of you that you´re afraid to share with anyone´´? I mean, all types of love songs don´t profound the true theme of love. 

this is the state of grace, this is the worthwhile fight

heygirl
13 hours ago, Dorothy Gale said:

Spotify is huge among males, and as a collective young straight men don't purchase music, so artists like Drake and Ed Sheeran appear much bigger than they are. Women go along with what their boyfriend's listen to, and a lot of artists nowadays are image artists. Lana and Drake are image artists imo, artists that you listen to because you want to project a certain image of yourself, or your friends like them. Female pop acts don't project a desirable image. 

you're practically a genius

be kind guys

lost in limbo
6 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

Poker Face, Lovegame, Paparazzi, Bad Romance, Telephone, Alejandro, TEOG, You and I, G.U..Y. , Perfect Illusion, The Cure 

:rip:  

Of course they all have different meanings too (why do you think I stan her?) 

And excuse you? You have no clue what I listen to. I have heard a lot of past Pop music. 

Telephone´s superficial meaning is about partying, but it´s deep meaning is the Fear of Suffocation.

Alejandro is about saying goodbye to ha past boyfriends, so a breakup and moving on kind of song.

TEOG- About her grandfather, about dying and going to heaven.

You got me there on You And I

G.U.Y-Female empowerment 

PI-Breakup song, not a love song

And did you read my comment? I mentioned The Cure as a true love song, yet you feel the need to mention it...

River

We always had those 1-2 years of "male" domination or rap/rock domination.. it's kinda normal...

Remember when the Emo was everywhere and you mostly heard a male voice?

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta

Morphine Prince
2 minutes ago, bloodymario said:

Telephone´s superficial meaning is about partying, but it´s deep meaning is the Fear of Suffocation.

Alejandro is about saying goodbye to ha past boyfriends, so a breakup and moving on kind of song.

TEOG- About her grandfather, about dying and going to heaven.

You got me there on You And I

G.U.Y-Female empowerment 

PI-Breakup song, not a love song

And did you read my comment? I mentioned The Cure as a true love song, yet you feel the need to mention it...

Yes, I'm sure the public analyzes Gaga's songs like that. 

We are stans so we know all this ****. 

The GP probably focuses on Ra Ra Ra on BR :air: 

And I listed TC along ALL of her singles that are about a relationship in some way. 

lost in limbo
Just now, Morphine Prince said:

Yes, I'm sure the public analyzes Gaga's songs like that. 

We are stans so we know all this ****. 

The GP probably focuses on Ra Ra Ra on BR :air: 

Yeah, only stans care about the true meaning of things, which to me, it´s actually quite sh*tty. But whatever makes Gaga popular once again, I´m in for it.:ladyhaha:

Korok
4 minutes ago, bloodymario said:

Poker Face is about sex, you got that right.

LoveGame´s superficial meaning is about sex, but it´s deep meaning is, as Gaga said before ´´the verge (i think that´s how she said it) between Love AND Fame´´. 

And Bad Romance is a REALLY different type of love song. I mean, who nowadays sings about wanting the ´´deepest, sickest parts of you that you´re afraid to share with anyone´´? I mean, all types of love songs don´t profound the true theme of love. 

Consuming all the air inside my lungs

Ripping all the skin from off my bones

I'm prepared to sacrifice my life

I would glady do it twice

Those are lyrics from Shawn Mendes' hit "Mercy". I think this part of the song is quite explicit and depicts a very dark image about love? 

lost in limbo
Just now, Korok said:

Consuming all the air inside my lungs

Ripping all the skin from off my bones

I'm prepared to sacrifice my life

I would glady do it twice

Those are lyrics from Shawn Mendes' hit "Mercy". I think this part of the song is quite explicit and depicts a very dark image about love? 

That´s a divergent song, I mean that song didn´t even make top 10 and it´s a good song.:air:

Korok

Anyway, I'm not here to argue with people. Everyone is going to cut their artist a little more credit than they deserve, I would probably do the same. Regardless, this was a nice discussion. 

Economy

Yeah but not many bug female artists have been releasing tho

Only Katy among females gas flopped badly

Rihanna is done releasing for now, Adele and Taylor are not releasing

But bug female artists that have released have found some success like Selena Gomez

U cant really judge right now when most big female artists are in hiatus

Pharamon
13 hours ago, Dorothy Gale said:

Madonna could release another Hung Up and it would probably flop due to sexism and ageism today. The Cure would've probably been a top 15 hit pretty easily if it was a Chainsmokers song featuring Gaga. DJs and rappers are the monsters of the industry today. Labels don't want to invest in creating a legitimate star because it's not worth it anymore, you'll never make back money off a few viral hits.

But stop blaming everything on gender... Work by rihanna was an awful song and it didnt flop... love on the brain? not even pop but was massive... pink's just like fire ... the list goes on and on...

Morphine Prince

Also, it's ok to hate the top music atm. I hated a lot of popular music in 2014 I think. 

But just because you think it's garbage doesn't mean everyone else has to. 

Pop music, mainstream music is essentially the same as it has been for a while. 

Love, sex, party. 

Archived