Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

The future of pop music: No more female artists?

Korok

Featured Posts

ryhanna
4 minutes ago, Dorothy Gale said:

They don't? I think he appeals to women and men of the heterosexual persuasion. 

I'd say mainly women, honestly. :P

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOTNebraskaGuy

Y'all are as fragile with listening to male artists as straight guys are with listening to female artist :toofunny:

Reading all these excuses/responses in this thread so far has given me a good laugh. What's popular is popular because it's popular. There's no ifs or becauses... you guys are over complicating things. :laughga:

One, five, ten lay a million on me

Dorothy Gale
1 minute ago, ryhanna said:

I'd say mainly women, honestly. :P

Maybe, women give male artists a chance, males rarely give female pop stars the same chance. 

smokingthemall
1 minute ago, Dorothy Gale said:

Madonna could release another Hung Up and it would probably flop due to sexism and ageism today. The Cure would've probably been a top 15 hit pretty easily if it was a Chainsmokers song featuring Gaga. DJs and rappers are the monsters of the industry today. Labels don't want to invest in creating a legitimate star because it's not worth it anymore, you'll never make back money off a few viral hits.

I'm going to need you to stop so damn wise, thank you. :giveup:

tumblr_oj03t4wZzN1u6n38po1_400.gif

chase your big, beautiful dreams

ThisGuyTony

The new generation of pop girls will emerge in 2018. :gaycat: 

holy scheisse

This is dramatic haha. thats the present of pop music, nothing lasts forever

Korok
1 hour ago, Dorothy Gale said:

Madonna could release another Hung Up and it would probably flop due to sexism and ageism today. The Cure would've probably been a top 15 hit pretty easily if it was a Chainsmokers song featuring Gaga. DJs and rappers are the monsters of the industry today. Labels don't want to invest in creating a legitimate star because it's not worth it anymore, you'll never make back money off a few viral hits.

It was also socially acceptable for Gwen Stefani to do this when Madonna was smashing with Hung Up. People are weird, sometimes we're ahead and other times we're behind.

vB8w6jc.jpg

sethrb101
9 minutes ago, Dorothy Gale said:

S t o p :toofunny: This hits too close to home.

#Gaga2020

Korok
1 hour ago, HOTNGaga said:

Y'all are as fragile with listening to male artists as straight guys are with listening to female artist :toofunny:

Reading all these excuses/responses in this thread so far has given me a good laugh. What's popular is popular because it's popular. There's no ifs or becauses... you guys are over complicating things. :laughga:

Sadly, nothing is ever this black and white. I also don't appreciate you boxing me in like that. I love Gaga but my favorite band is Joy Division. I also listen to a lot of Whitesnake and Kanye. 

Anderson123

People are so dramatic. Rihanna's Love On The Brain was part of the Top 10 like 2 or 3 weeks before that Top 10 thing with just male artists. It comes and goes, it's just the songs that are released right now, just coincidence. In my opinion it's good that it changes from time to time, I honestly wouldn't really like to see the same artists up there all the time.

If some songs are not being successful by big popstars it's not because people are not interested in women, it's probably because the song is BAD or not catchy.

SpookyKid

Well, to be honest, most pop songs released nowadays are shitty, the thing with males is, female fangirls make them bigger than they are, that's why they are everywhere

Life has a hopeful undertone |-/

Dorothy Gale
Just now, Alan123 said:

People are so dramatic. Rihanna's Love On The Brain was part of the Top 10 like 2 or 3 weeks before that Top 10 thing with just male artists. It comes and goes, it's just the songs that are released right now, just coincidence. In my opinion it's good that it changes from time to time, I honestly wouldn't really like to see the same artists up there all the time.

If some songs are not being successful by big popstars it's not because people are not interested in women, it's probably because the song is BAD or not catchy.

LOTB was an anomaly, and a lot of people attributed its success to radio payola. Exceptions to the rules will always exist. The last solo female number one was Adele's "Hello" in 2015. :toofunny:

Dorothy Gale
Just now, SpookyKid said:

Well, to be honest, most pop songs released nowadays are shitty, the thing with males is, female fangirls make them bigger than they are, that's why they are everywhere

It's easy to say the music is bad, but since when does a song being bad prevent it from smashing nowadays? 

SpookyKid
Just now, Dorothy Gale said:

It's easy to say the music is bad, but since when does a song being bad prevent it from smashing nowadays? 

That's true

But the thing I said about fangirls is also true, some girls/gays just follow male artists because they are hot, and buy their music

it doesn't happen with female artists

Life has a hopeful undertone |-/

Archived