💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Jennifer Lopez's 30 Best Songs | Top Ten Now!

YeehawKylie

Featured Posts

YeehawKylie

09. Step Into My World

carmenlopez5.gif

A different sound for Lopez, found on (I’ll say it again) her best album, Rebirth. This song is a sultry track with breathy vocals. It doesn’t pack as big a punch as some of her previous work, but that is what makes it an extraordinarily special song. Whereas Get Right is full of energy, Step Into My World follows and packs as much attitude into a much more understated package.

Listen on Spotify

Previous: #10 Do It Well

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
YeehawKylie

08. Ain’t it Funny

D951854047CD104272A26CD9C3FDF407.jpg

An irresistible song from her sophomore album, Ain’t It Funny is an opus of early 2000s pop. One of the first singles to include songwriting contributions from Lopez, the song is a too-often forgotten classic in her catalog. The chorus is understated perfection.

Listen on Spotify

Previous: #09 Step Into My World

YeehawKylie
1 hour ago, juju said:

Ain't It Funny is a bop though :poot: 

It is. I love it. :giveup:

YeehawKylie

07. Que Hiciste

UD8u74LvAzyH6.gif

The opening guitar rift, her vocals, this song is amazing. It wasn’t until her Spanish-language that one really understood what a vocal talent Lopez actually is and this song was our first introduction to her endless limits. The song, for even those who can’t understand the words, is an enjoyable and high paced bop from start to finish.

Listen on Spotify

Previous: #08 Ain't It Funny

imnotyourbabe10

Thank you for this trip down memory lane!  Just created a "Best of Jennifer Lopez" playlist in iTunes because of this thread :diane:

My pre-teen-ish; pre-out of the closet; early 00's bop-loving self is shook.  Also, just watched The Cell for the first time in years....Jenny from the Block  puts out some really interesting work! 

YeehawKylie
1 hour ago, imnotyourbabe10 said:

Thank you for this trip down memory lane!  Just created a "Best of Jennifer Lopez" playlist in iTunes because of this thread :diane:

My pre-teen-ish; pre-out of the closet; early 00's bop-loving self is shook.  Also, just watched The Cell for the first time in years....Jenny from the Block  puts out some really interesting work! 

I need to re-watch The Cell, it's been ages! Glad you enjoyed, she's given us some amazing songs over the years! Thought I'd honor them. :hug:

YeehawKylie

06. Get Right

giphy.gif

The horns, oh the horns. I have this single vinyl in my house, kept company by Kylie Minogue’s Slow and two other queens. I love this song, it is truly a shame it did not reach the chart heights as its predecessors. This was the single that truly felt ‘different’ for JLO (at this point in her career). There’s not much to say aside from highlight its perfect execution. The high-paced song never quite gives up, and by the end, gives us a whole lot to be happy about.

Listen on Spotify

Previous: #07 Que Hiciste

juju
19 minutes ago, IndieKylie said:

06. Get Right

giphy.gif

The horns, oh the horns. I have this single vinyl in my house, kept company by Kylie Minogue’s Slow and two other queens. I love this song, it is truly a shame it did not reach the chart heights as its predecessors. This was the single that truly felt ‘different’ for JLO (at this point in her career). There’s not much to say aside from highlight its perfect execution. The high-paced song never quite gives up, and by the end, gives us a whole lot to be happy about.

Listen on Spotify

Previous: #07 Que Hiciste

YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

❤ x ❤

juju
5 minutes ago, IndieKylie said:

Putting on hold for my audience. I don't want you to miss anything @juju :hug:

Sorry hun, the calls have gotten BANANAS :giveup: I'm literally dying, but I am back now :hug: 

❤ x ❤

juju
24 minutes ago, IndieKylie said:

Any Top 5 predictions? :huh:

Now that my favorite is out the way:

#1 Invading My Mind :lolly: 

#2 Louboutins (but the Brandy demo) :poot: 

#3 Waiting For Tonight :diane: 

#4 Ain't Your Mama :awkney: 

#5 Control Myself w LL Cool J :poot: 

giphy.gif

❤ x ❤

juju
28 minutes ago, IndieKylie said:

I need to re-watch The Cell, it's been ages! Glad you enjoyed, she's given us some amazing songs over the years! Thought I'd honor them. :hug:

Let's watch in Rabbit sometime! :diane: that would be such a great film to revisit!

❤ x ❤

Archived