💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Miley distances herself from Hip-Hop

Morphine Prince

Featured Posts

Morphine Prince

It seems like just yesterday Miley Cyrus was collaborating with Juicy J and getting on remixes with French Montana. Well, don’t expect those days to return. In a recent interview with Billboard, the 24-year-old singer said she was distancing herself from hip-hop—or, at least, the type she feels oversexualizes women.

Answering a question about singer Melanie Safka’s influence on her music, Miley eventually ventured off into the reasons why she’s put some distance between herself and the genre she occasionally dabbled in a few years ago. Like just about everyone else, though, she’s a fan of that new K. Dot.

“But I also love that new Kendrick [Lamar] song [“Humble”]: ‘Show me somethin’ natural like ass with some stretch marks,'” she explained. “I love that because it’s not ‘Come sit on my ****, suck on my cock.’ I can’t listen to that anymore. That’s what pushed me out of the hip-hop scene a little. It was too much ‘Lamborghini, got my Rolex, got a girl on my cock’—I am so not that.”

UPDATE: 

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kermit

That's not necessarily all of which hip hop is about, but what it has been crafted into, mainstream-wise. :huh:

:wub: I am intrigued to see what grounds she's going to explore in her upcoming material. 

“For me, insanity is super sanity. The normal is psychotic. Normal means lack of imagination, lack of creativity.” ― Jean Dubuffet

Morphine Prince

Put this under Music News because it will tell us what type of sounds won't be on the album. 

calmar

I mean, good for her, I suppose. I'm not a big fan of hip-hop so that makes it more likely that I may like the new material she has forthcoming.

俺の勝利は揺るぎない

Fernster7

Talent won. Excited for her new material. 

We have two selves. One the world needs us to be, compliant, and the shadow. Ignore it and life is forever suffering.

junolxf

I lover her, but that was so dumb. She used black culture as a prop and suddenly it's not cool anymore. Not a cute look, Miley. You can do better. 

"Seems to be trendy lately to talk sh*t about 'Lady Gaga' when your albums/singles drop." - Leviticus 20:27

petty

so she's distancing herself from a genre no one asked her to be apart of. cool!

PaperIz

2 minutes ago, PETTY said:

so she's distancing herself from a genre no one asked her to be apart of. cool!

You have to be invited into genres? :awkney: 

merlot
7 minutes ago, junolxf said:

I lover her, but that was so dumb. She used black culture as a prop and suddenly it's not cool anymore. Not a cute look, Miley. You can do better. 

what? :duck:

she just said that she doesn't like hip-hop anymore, how did y'all manage to make it about race and culture? 

Luc

" ‘Come sit on my ****, suck on my cock.’"

queen stanning for dutch queen Latifah

rezjohnsen

Great miley. No more rapping and twerking this time. I look forward to your next album :hor:

And I wonder It wasnt Love It wasnt Love

Archived