💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

Mylene Farmer - Degeneration

Arcanum

Featured Posts

Arcanum

2008 June.

European gay clubs are smashed by this masterpiece.

It's been 7 years (and a day) since Mylene Farmer opened her very successful No.5 Tour in Europe promoting her 7th studio album "Point de Suture".

As polarizing as it was at the time, the lead single still sounds fresh AF.

Now, I don't know if many people are aware of her overboard (or even Europe) but she truly is worth digging -if you 're into French language that is.

God bless France & Canada for giving us her. :pray: 

I Wantth your Love...I Wantth your Love.

peto flex

Ohh i love her :wub:

California is my favorite song from her

💎💎

goods

YAS I LOVE HA! I've been listening to her music since few years ago. Lonely Lisa, Oui... mais non, **** them all, C'est une belle journee, Degeneration etc. etc. B O P S

I've learnt she's a huge touring and sales force in France even at her biggest decline. Amazing.

The whole 'Point de Suture' album was one of her best!  I remember watching the Degeneration video at a gay club when it was newly released and everybody (mostly younger generations) was like "Who is she?!!!". I'm mostly fan of her early works but this album was a powerful comeback but it's sad that she hasn't released sth so good by then!

The Child
11 minutes ago, goods said:

YAS I LOVE HA! I've been listening to her music since few years ago. Lonely Lisa, Oui... mais non, **** them all, C'est une belle journee, Degeneration etc. etc. B O P S

I've learnt she's a huge touring and sales force in France even at her biggest decline. Amazing.

I remember Oui Mais Non playing everywhere in France around 2010/2011 :giveup:

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

Arcanum
3 minutes ago, vivre sa vie said:

The whole 'Point de Suture' album was one of her best!  I remember watching the Degeneration video at a gay club when it was newly released and everybody (mostly younger generations) was like "Who is she?!!!". I'm mostly fan of her early works but this album was a powerful comeback but it's sad that she hasn't released sth so good by then!

:hug:I LOVE her first albums. She created gothic synthpop -if there can be such a thing- back in the day.

The funny part is that at her last album she collaborated with Martin Kierszenbaum (Cherry Cherry Boom Boom) & her 2011 "Oui Mais Non" & "Lonely Lisa" are RedOne's bops. Seems like she stans for Gaga. :giggle: 

Honestly, what makes me sad is the fact that she releases an album and then disappears for 4 years.

Let's hope she makes a great comeback later this year. :excited2:Youngsters need to explore her.

Spoiler

-I think Lonely Lisa's video is one of the most iconic ever made-

elijahfan

My favorite French artist - for foreigners on here, she's basically the French Madonna both in style and longevity. She also has some of the best music videos of all time, especially her early ones that were literally mini-movies.

elijahfan
1 minute ago, Arcanum said:

The funny part is that at her last album she collaborated with Martin Kierszenbaum (Cherry Cherry Boom Boom) & her 2011 "Oui Mais Non" & "Lonely Lisa" are RedOne's bops. Seems like she stans for Gaga. :giggle: 

That's extremely obvious, and I kinda wish she'd go back to Laurent Boutonnat, her historical producer, in the future - they're just making the best stuff together, she shouldn't try to follow trends the same way Madonna's doing. Her last 2 albums were a bit underwhelming.

Willen

I love her so much! She'll always have a special place in my heart. “Dégénération” is my all-time favorite song :toofunny: 

This was the come-back of the queen of music videos! I was shook when she released the sequel two singles later with “Si j'avais au moins…”, this is the Farmer I love the most.

“Point de Suture” has been very criticized but it's my favorite!

Arcanum
1 minute ago, elijahfan said:

My favorite French artist - for foreigners on here, she's basically the French Madonna both in style and longevity. She also has some of the best music videos of all time, especially her early ones that were literally mini-movies.

Wasn't it "Pourvu Qu' elles Soient Douces" the one that had movie-like treatment? Like it was literally first broadcasted in cinemas? We had a professor that used to show us her videos & asked us to analyze them. So much symbolism in it!

I think RedOne has the "Gaga curse", he is successful only with Gaga! Imo it's good for Mylene that she "disappears" a bit and don't wanna be in the spotlight all the time. I hope she will make a more mature comeback w/ L. Boutonnat (her "RedOne;))

Arcanum
Just now, Willen said:

I love her so much! She'll always have a special place in my heart. “Dégénération” is my all-time favorite song :toofunny: 

This was the come-back of the queen of music videos! I was shook when she released the sequel two singles later with “Si j'avais au moins…”, this is the Farmer I love the most.

“Point de Suture” has been very criticized but it's my favorite!

YAAAAASSSS!!! THE FARMER PROJEEEEEECT!!! :tony: Doesn't Degeneration MV remind you of Kylie's All the Lovers? :oprah:

3 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

That's extremely obvious, and I kinda wish she'd go back to Laurent Boutonnat, her historical producer, in the future - they're just making the best stuff together, she shouldn't try to follow trends the same way Madonna's doing. Her last 2 albums were a bit underwhelming.

THANK U! I couldn't agree more!:giggle:

elijahfan

Loving also the references of the Degeneration video:

Archived