Featured Posts

ImpossiblePrincess

115143243.jpg

#19 Hand On Your Heart | Score: 8.19

My Score: 9

Highest Score: (10) @Antonio @RAMROD @DimitrisARTPOP @IndieKylie

Lowest Score: (6) @ARTPOPe

Comments:

The shining star of “Enjoy Yourself”! It is in my top three of her hits from the first three albums along with ‘I Should Be So Lucky’ and ‘Better the Devil You Know’. Should have been on a higher place of the disc. (8) @Turuncan

The (second) best song from her Kylie/Enjoy Yourself eras. The song is catchy, slightly off (different, which is rare this early in her career) and Kylie sings a rare emotion into the manufactured product, which is likely what made her the success she was among several similar acts. (10) @IndieKylie

Welcome to GagaDaily, it looks like things just got messgendary.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ImpossiblePrincess

Back to disc 2 for #18 What is it??

Antonio

so the only remaining songs from disc one are

Shocked (pull thru)
What Do I Have To Do (eh)
Better The Devil You Know (in between honestly)

slae

the next one since it's from disc two should be UM Love At First Sight? Where The Wild Roses Grow? I really don't know

𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞

Antonio

oh also On A Night Like This. never really got the huge hype for it, i think I gave it a 7 but then again i don't remember a single one of my scores

kvnrp
1 hour ago, littlemonsterL5 said:

c8ca3b1045263e9cb8f65a6f65960095.800x680

#27 Kids | Score: 7.19

My Score: 8.5

Highest Score: (10) @RAMROD

Lowest Score: (1) @ARTPOPe

Comments:

A very right choice to follow the two masterpieces of ‘Spinning Around’ and ‘On a Night like This’ with this classy duet. It added some rock elements to her music, expanding her versatility. (7) @Turuncan

This song is good, but I honestly forget about it when I step back and look at her whole career. I don’t think it’s in the Top 5 from Light Years, but it has a fun chorus and is a bit of a different sound for Kylie, so I’m glad she branched out. (8) @IndieKylie

I am shook tbh.

This was such a bop for me back in the day :air:

ImpossiblePrincess

Where+The+Wild+Roses+Grow.jpg

#18 Where The Wild Roses Grow | Score: 8.35

Highest Score: (10) @Psychedelic @IndieKylie

Lowest Score: (5) @ARTPOPe

Comments:

The most iconic ballad of all time, in my opinion. Kylie makes this song and Nick Cave knows it. The video is stunning, the story is creepy, and Kylie nails every facet of it. (10) @IndieKylie

I think it is the right choice to close the album. Recorded between the releases of “Kylie Minogue” and “Impossible Princess”, this duet is the highest peak of Kylie’s alternative-sounding indie era, and one of her biggest career reinventions artistically. Regarded as a bridge between the aforementioned albums, not only her fans but also the fans of alternative music started to regard Kylie from a different point of view with this song. It is different from anything she has ever released (maybe a little akin to ‘Confide in Me’), and most importantly, sees Kylie as a character of a story rather than a pop singer. I can understand why she frequently highlights this duet as the peak point of her recording career. (7) @Turuncan

ImpossiblePrincess

Back to disc 1 for #17

Antonio

Where+The+Wild+Roses+Grow.jpg

#18 Where The Wild Roses Grow | Score: 8.35

Highest Score: (10) @Psychedelic @IndieKylie

Lowest Score: (5) @ARTPOPe

Comments:

The most iconic ballad of all time, in my opinion. Kylie makes this song and Nick Cave knows it. The video is stunning, the story is creepy, and Kylie nails every facet of it. (10) @IndieKylie

I think it is the right choice to close the album. Recorded between the releases of “Kylie Minogue” and “Impossible Princess”, this duet is the highest peak of Kylie’s alternative-sounding indie era, and one of her biggest career reinventions artistically. Regarded as a bridge between the aforementioned albums, not only her fans but also the fans of alternative music started to regard Kylie from a different point of view with this song. It is different from anything she has ever released (maybe a little akin to ‘Confide in Me’), and most importantly, sees Kylie as a character of a story rather than a pop singer. I can understand why she frequently highlights this duet as the peak point of her recording career. (7) @Turuncan

I gave it a 10 as well!

Antonio

Back to disc 1 for #17

WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO LEAVE IMMEDIATELY

ImpossiblePrincess
Just now, Antonio said:

I gave it a 10 as well!

u didn't sis :toofunny: u gave a 9.5

Antonio

u didn't sis :toofunny: u gave a 9.5

:giveup: why didn't I know :giveup: why didn't I :giveup: 

kvnrp
10 minutes ago, Antonio said:

where is everybody :oprah: 

ikr :oprah:

I just joined :oprah:

For a Kylie rate, it's pretty silent in here :oprah:

Antonio

disc 2 were literally all 10s with a few exceptions (don't trust my memory I swear I was drunk or smtn while writing the scores)

11 for... you'll see
7 for On A Night Like This
then a 9 and a 9.5 and the 6 I gave to Giving You Up

ImpossiblePrincess

6558e2da458f92478d5e9653e5cb48aa.1000x10

#17 What Do I Have To Do | Score: 8.45

My Score: 10

Highest Score: (10) @Creyk @DimitrisARTPOP @RAMROD 

Lowest Score: (6) @ARTPOPe

Comments:

Another brilliant work off the third album, and my favorite one along with ‘Better the Devil You Know’. It is a nice example of the 90s pop stuff, so classic and cool. (8) @Turuncan

I like this song, but it really doesn’t meet the thrust of power that Better The Devil You Know or Step Back In Time Do and, as they’re all on Rhythm of Love, it’s so hard not to compare them. That being said, it’s a great energetic song. (8) @IndieKylie

kvnrp

Are there any songs I could listen to to get a feel for this rate?

There were six albums to rate here :air:

Archived