rqGtx90.jpg

-----◆-----

Highest Score | 11

@SpookyKid @PennyroyalTea

Lowest Score | 2

@Evan Peters

-----◆-----

Antonio's Remark | 10

Used to be my ultimate favorite on Ultraviolence and from Lana in general. It still is in my top 3 of Ultraviolence. The title track serves up classic Lana, brilliant lyrics, brilliant melody, brilliant production. When the song explodes into the chorus my ears cum. My only complaint is the music video which is vintage and cute but really boring.

My Ideal Placement | #3

-----◆-----

Commentary

above 5

Spoiler

@SirLudicopro | 10 | "The album's title track depicts a tragic abusive relationship where the man physically hurts the woman and yet she loves him too much to be able to leave him, which is the sad reality of many women throughout the world. The chorus is very catchy and easily gets stuck in your head with its brilliant lyrics (He hit me and it felt like a kiss). Considering that this is apparently a true story (Lana was apparently part of a cult where the leader was physically violent towards young girls, which is often referenced in the song), this makes the lyrics all the more tragic and sad. Another flawless, dark and depressing song on this beautiful album."

@BLACKOUTbritney | 10 | "LOVES IT! Masterpiece! The chorus is so haunting."

@IndieKylie | 10 | "Her best title track. 'He hurt me and it felt like true love,' and the overall context of struggling with the highs and lows of alcohol dependency is incredibly, and tragically, beautiful."

@britneygaga99 | 10 | "A masterpiece. Awesome lyrics, it represents very well abusive relationships. "He hit me and it felt like a kiss" is my favorite  quote from Ultraviolence. The only flaw is the Spanish bridge."

@Lona Delery | 10 | "Love it, the first song by Lana I have bought and I am emotionally really attached to this one because it was the song Lana sang before she got down from the stage to meet some fans, including me. I absolutely love this song."

@Moebius | 10 | "SERVE THOSE VOCALS, SERVE THOSE VIOLINS , SERVE THAT DOMESTIC ABUSE."

@Vodka | | "Iconic. That's all i gotta say."

@AJK273 | | "The lyrics of this song are iconic, they have some of the most quotable lines of the entire album. I mean, He used to call me Dn that stood for deadly nightshade, Cause I was filled with poison but blessed with beauty and rage. ICONIC. But this song goes nowhere, the beat stays the same for the entirety of the song and it is almost formulaic in its structure. However, this song's instrumentation is beautiful with the strings and guitar blending together beautifully."

@ItsTommyBitch | 8.7 | "This song's melody isn't my favorite on the album, but the lyrical content and topic are some of the darkest on the album. "I can hear the violence/violins" is such a perfect use of homophones too   This is one of the first times modern Lana started speaking in her songs instead of singing and it ****ing slayed everyone when they heard it, I remember All in all, listening to this is like swirling downward, my depressed anthem tbh."

@halcyonpop | | "This has always felt like a more mature version of some of the Born to Die songs. I don't like it as much as her other title tracks, but I think it's most thematically consistent than all the other songs on the album and that's worth something."

@littlepotter | 7.5 | "I remember when Lana sang a live version of this on her tour; way before the album was released. God, it sounded glorious. The chorus mesmerized me. Sadly, a bit of the magic is lost in the studio version. The instruments are not as soft as they seemed in the live version, and the chorus lifelessly drags. There is still some beauty to this track, however."

@Harry | 7.5 | "I feel guilty for not loving this as most other stans seem to but it's still a solid track."

@slayo | 7.5 | "A nice little title track, but it is a bore. Still sweet and savory though. Best part is the bridge and final chorus."

@sethrb101 | 7 | "Title track. This is one I like to put on in the background. It gets a little repetitive, so that's why I gave it a 7."

@SinnersVenus | | "Lana kinda sounds bored to me on this song. I guess I kinda like the production, but it’s not interesting enough to compare with other songs on the album. It’s listenable though, and the bridge is the best on the whole album."

@Maleficent | 7 | "a good song, but not really a highlight."

@musicland7 | "Probably the my favorite album title track she has.  It gives me that blue fire feeling she was talking about with this album."

@juju | 6 | "Ultimately a snooze, but some of the harmonies are pretty."

5 and below

Spoiler

@Evan Peters | | "no."

𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply
narcoswing
Just now, Antonio said:

page 24? :lolly: 

c7f.gif 

me trying to figure out what kind of hint this is

OliverViennese

Not predicting, but wishing this would be the turnout.

#1 West Coast

#2 Ultraviolence

#3 Brooklyn Baby

#4 Old Money

#5 Shades of Cool

Spoiler

But seriously don't care that much since Cruel World is already out. I wanted West Coast, Ultraviolence and Cruel World to all be Top 3.

EDIT: Mess. Now the second out of three songs I wanted to be Top 3 is out. Meeeh. I'll root for West Coast to be #1.

https://www.last.fm/user/derOlliM

Antonio
1 hour ago, Gia Gunn said:

*searches which lana song includes the lyrics page 24?* :lolly: 

1 hour ago, narcoswing said:

c7f.gif 

me trying to figure out what kind of hint this is

:air: it wasn't a hint but omg :air: 

Antonio
1 hour ago, Antonio said:

My Ideal Placement | #3

btw y'alls did it dirty :neyde: top 5 is good but there's a CERTAIN SONG IN THE TOP 5 that I'd place #9

Gia Gunn
1 minute ago, Antonio said:

:air: it wasn't a hint but omg :air: 

but... is THIS a hint? :lolly: how can we trust you now? :lolly: 

Antonio
1 hour ago, Gia Gunn said:

but... is THIS a hint? :lolly: how can we trust you now? :lolly: 

1 hour ago, Antonio said:

omg

omg

>

oh my god i feel it in the air telephone wires above i'm sizzling like a snare

c7f.gif

Summertime Sadnesss confirmed #1?!

c7f.gif

Now that it's gone I realise that I actually wanted UV to be higher :crossed:

This song slays so much :giveup:

The earth shattered, the sky opened, The rain was fire but we were wooden

Antonio

anyway, 4 is my lucky number, which song was lucky enough to place there? :lolly: 

Gia Gunn
Just now, Antonio said:

omg

>

oh my god i feel it in the air telephone wires above i'm sizzling like a snare

c7f.gif

Beyonce's pregnancy confirmed to be a stunt so as not to perform with Gaga cause she actually hates ha? :udidnt: You can't be droping all this tea without warning sis

Archived