Lady Gaga top 10 in Australia with The Cure

ViviLittleM

Featured Posts

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TheCure
6 hours ago, IAmDavid said:

I am pretty sure half of them were half empty. The attendance that is written on wikipedia is not really correct in most cases.(even though it's from official sources).For example in Greece ,the venue that she sang in can have like 65.000-75.000 people.And only 27k came to her concert but it's written that the show was sold out.Same happened in other European countries and Australia

She only put half the seats in the Olympic stadium on sale though.  The upper tier of the stadium never was available.

TheCure
4 hours ago, JohnWayne23 said:

Peaks in Australia

Just Dance: #1
Poker Face: #1
Eh, Eh: #15
LoveGame: #4
Paparazzi: #2

Bad Romance: #2
Telephone: #3
Alejandro: #2
Dance in the Dark: #24

Born This Way: #1
Judas: #6
The Edge of Glory: #2
You and I: #14
Marry the Night: #88

Applause: #11
Do What U Want: #21
G.U.Y.: #88

Perfect Illusion: #14
Million Reasons: #34

The Cure: #10 (still charting)

That's not a bad chart history really.  Similar to America.

JohnWayne23
1 minute ago, TheCure said:

That's not a bad chart history really.  Similar to America.

11 Top 10 singles ain't bad at all! Many artists would dream of having 5

perfillusion

Lady Gaga is so global wow. I remember certain people saying Gaga will never get another top 10 in Australia. :lolly:

TheCure
7 hours ago, sarahb said:

Heh, yeah about those sold out shows.... they weren't actually sold out. If a date sold only 7000 tickets out of a 13,000 seat arena for example, they'd report that 7000 tickets were available and that 7000 tickets were sold, hence it was 'sold out'. The second date in Sydney had curtains over the top levels. I'm not sure if any of them genuinely sold out.
But my date in Brisbane wasn't too bad, there was definitely a bunch unsold seats visible but the floor was packed. 

I was in Australia and took a photo of the crowd at the Melbourne show.  It was totally sold out as far as I could see. IMG_1302.jpg

Fiona Apple
37 minutes ago, TheCure said:

She only put half the seats in the Olympic stadium on sale though.  The upper tier of the stadium never was available.

That's an absolute lie :rip: My best friend (and many others) bought a seat in the upper tier of the stadium and they were told to sit on the lower seats.They only stopped selling tickets for the upper seats in the last few weeks

TheCure
Just now, IAmDavid said:

That's an absolute lie :rip: My best friend (and many others) bought a seat in the upper tier of the stadium and they were told to sit on the lower seats.They only stopped selling tickets for the upper seats in the last few weeks

Oh I didn't hear that.  I guess she overestimated demand in a poor country.  Should have played an arena.

Fiona Apple
Just now, TheCure said:

Oh I didn't hear that.  I guess she overestimated demand in a poor country.  Should have played an arena.

Definitely

Neroneau
9 hours ago, Algorithm said:

It's true

j0ZJS1f.gif

legends ABBA and Blondie owe us their ww recognition :staymad:

sarahb
5 hours ago, TheCure said:

I was in Australia and took a photo of the crowd at the Melbourne show.  It was totally sold out as far as I could see. IMG_1302.jpg

Oh nice, I wasnt sure about Melbourne :applause:

19 hours ago, Bradley said:

Actually artRAVE sold out 6 dates in Australia and she didn't even visit Australia during the album release so with Superbowl taken into account, I believe 4 to 5 dates can potentially be sold out.

I went to the second Sydney show, can confirm - it was half full. 

Archived