💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
charts

Lady Gaga top 10 in Australia with The Cure

ViviLittleM

Featured Posts

Bradley
9 minutes ago, sarahb said:

It'd be weird if she skipped Asia too. Plus she did say she was coming here for the tour in an interview last year, but whether she was telling the truth or just saying what the interviewers wanted to hear who knows :shrug:

Well she's not that kind of person who says 'Well it depends on how my new album is received in your country, if it flops I won't be visiting here.' :emma:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
sarahb
Just now, Bradley said:

Well she's not that kind of person who says 'Well it depends on how my new album is received in your country, if it flops I won't be visiting here.' :emma:

True, but she could've just said 'Oh, I'd love to visit Australia again' which isn't actually saying she's coming instead of 'Absolutely'. Oh well we'll find out :nails:

Bradley
1 minute ago, sarahb said:

True, but she could've just said 'Oh, I'd love to visit Australia again' which isn't actually saying she's coming instead of 'Absolutely'. Oh well we'll find out :nails:

Well sometimes you just can't be prepared for every single question that pops out of an interview, it's not easy to talk to people under the scrutiny of cameras and public eyes.

But I do believe three to four dates in Australia is possibly successful for someone of Lady Gaga's stature?

sarahb
1 minute ago, Bradley said:

Well sometimes you just can't be prepared for every single question that pops out of an interview, it's not easy to talk to people under the scrutiny of cameras and public eyes.

But I do believe three to four dates in Australia is possibly successful for someone of Lady Gaga's stature?

She had 14 with the Born This Way Ball but hey I'll take anything at this point :emma: I know people talk about the artRAVE not doing good and therefore the Joanne tour wouldn't do any good but I think the Super Bowl really did push demand here, at least straight afterwards anyway. An Australian ticketing agency on Facebook posted about the Joanne Tour saying they'd let us know about any potential dates and the amount of likes and comments it got was insane. 

Plus I'm still bitter that the artRAVE got barely any promo lol. Like 3 ads on tv and that was it promo. :interestinga:

Fiona Apple
31 minutes ago, Bradley said:

She had six dates for Australia visiting Perth, Melbourne, Brisbane, Sydney and they all sold out though?

I am pretty sure half of them were half empty. The attendance that is written on wikipedia is not really correct in most cases.(even though it's from official sources).For example in Greece ,the venue that she sang in can have like 65.000-75.000 people.And only 27k came to her concert but it's written that the show was sold out.Same happened in other European countries and Australia

Bradley
5 minutes ago, sarahb said:

She had 14 with the Born This Way Ball but hey I'll take anything at this point :emma: I know people talk about the artRAVE not doing good and therefore the Joanne tour wouldn't do any good but I think the Super Bowl really did push demand here, at least straight afterwards anyway. An Australian ticketing agency on Facebook posted about the Joanne Tour saying they'd let us know about any potential dates and the amount of likes and comments it got was insane. 

Plus I'm still bitter that the artRAVE got barely any promo lol. Like 3 ads on tv and that was it promo. :interestinga:

Actually artRAVE sold out 6 dates in Australia and she didn't even visit Australia during the album release so with Superbowl taken into account, I believe 4 to 5 dates can potentially be sold out.

Bradley
Just now, IAmDavid said:

I am pretty sure half of them were half empty. The attendance that is written on wikipedia is not really correct in most cases.(even though it's from official sources).For example in Greece ,the venue that she sang in can have like 65.000-75.000 people.And only 27k came to her concert but it's written that the show was sold out.Same happened in other European countries and Australia

I don't think the capacity of the stadium/arena represents the tickets available though, some parts of the stadium can take in people for other events but perhaps for concerts, one segment of the stadium/arena is cut out due to obstruction of viewing, which is why tickets made available are fewer than the whole capacity stated.

ViviLittleM
4 minutes ago, Bradley said:

Actually artRAVE sold out 6 dates in Australia and she didn't even visit Australia during the album release so with Superbowl taken into account, I believe 4 to 5 dates can potentially be sold out.

The shows were far from being sold out. ArtRAVE Australian's leg was a nightmare.

they need to see that TC is a success there and with radios she can sell tickets if they add dates!

sarahb
Just now, Bradley said:

Heh, yeah about those sold out shows.... they weren't actually sold out. If a date sold only 7000 tickets out of a 13,000 seat arena for example, they'd report that 7000 tickets were available and that 7000 tickets were sold, hence it was 'sold out'. The second date in Sydney had curtains over the top levels. I'm not sure if any of them genuinely sold out.
But my date in Brisbane wasn't too bad, there was definitely a bunch unsold seats visible but the floor was packed. 

Fiona Apple
1 minute ago, Bradley said:

I don't think the capacity of the stadium/arena represents the tickets available though, some parts of the stadium can take in people for other events but perhaps for concerts, one segment of the stadium/arena is cut out due to obstruction of viewing, which is why tickets made available are fewer than the whole capacity stated.

Yeah that can happen but this isn't the case here :rip: The site that was selling the tickets showed that only the golden standing tickets were actually sold out. They ended up not even using the upper seats to make the show look a bit fuller. The Australian press also stated that some shows were half empty and the public wasn't interested if I remember well

sarahb
Just now, IAmDavid said:

Yeah that can happen but this isn't the case here :rip: The site that was selling the tickets showed that only the golden standing tickets were actually sold out. They ended up not even using the upper seats to make the show look a bit fuller. The Australian press also stated that some shows were half empty and the public wasn't interested if I remember well

The media here is so brutal to her I don't know why or what she did :rip: Then again they're pretty awful to celebrities in general. 

Fiona Apple
Just now, sarahb said:

The media here is so brutal to her I don't know why or what she did :rip: Then again they're pretty awful to celebrities in general. 

Here in Greece the media publiced pics from the show that were taken 45 minutes? before the show had started and used them to prove that the show was empty :rip::rip: So I guess the press sucks everywhere

xoxo Craig
2 hours ago, Music said:

Australia has been Cured.

it truly is a hit here; radio stations have honestly played it multiple times everyday around the country.

congratulations Gaga!

Wish the UK was the same! I havent heard the Cure being played here except for the UK Top40 chart show

End Racism Now

S0436
35 minutes ago, Craig Barnes said:

Wish the UK was the same! I havent heard the Cure being played here except for the UK Top40 chart show

Well it's doing decently in the U.K actually, top20.  And it's still holding up quite well on iTunes 

Archived