Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
charts

Chart Discussion: The Cure / Joanne

Noah

Featured Posts

LetsGetHigh
4 minutes ago, Edge Of Venus said:

Sorry but Perfect Illusion is a HORRIBLE song. The melodies are so monotonic and annoying. I can NOT believe they picked that mess as the LEAD single for her comeback era.

Perfect Illusion is one of her best songs to date. 

• Replies 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
KingOfSpain
Just now, Edge Of Venus said:

Sorry but Perfect Illusion is a HORRIBLE song. The melodies are so monotonic and annoying. I can NOT believe they picked that mess as the LEAD single for her comeback era.

You are so ungrateful it hurts.

651.gif

How could you say something like that. Gaga puts all her heart, effort, time and talent on every one of her songs. For example, I don't really like Jewels N' Drugs but I appreciate it because it's her work and that deserves respect.

http://gagadaily.com/forums/topic/227246-ceremony-gagas-videography-megarate/

GagaStan95
3 minutes ago, Edge Of Venus said:

Delete it fat. Perfect Illusion is one of her best song ever along Applause and The Edge Of Glory.

EPIC MUSIC PRODUCTION 

Fiona Apple
1 minute ago, Brie Candy said:

I have to disagree, the song has such a good vibe of free spirit, it makes you wanna move the whole body, it is agresssive in a good way, Gaga showed her passion and vulnerability with an amazing melody 

IT WASNT LUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUV

IT WASNT LUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUV

IT WASNT A PERFECT ILLUXIAAAAANAH 

Pw7bao4.gif

I like the agressiveness in the song too ,it makes it so club friendly and exciting.

Amazing melody though? Not really.It barely exists and it's really repetitive

Gabriele Civitella

Why people love ❤️Million Reasons ? And Why hetero love ❤️ the cure????

OBEY

PI flopped, let it go.

Let's talk about the smash hit The Cure instead.

Brie Candy
Just now, IAmDavid said:

I like the agressiveness in the song too ,it makes it so club friendly and exciting.

Amazing melody though? Not really.It barely exists and it's really repetitive

it is all about perception, if the song did not break your hip like it did with me it is ok 

LETS SING 

MISTAKEEN FOR LUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUV

Pw7bao4.gif

Fiona Apple
2 minutes ago, KingOfSpain said:

You are so ungrateful it hurts.

How could you say something like that. Gaga puts all her heart, effort, time and talent on every one of her songs. For example, I don't really like Jewels N' Drugs but I appreciate it because it's her work and that deserves respect.

That's really not a way to judge music though,is it? Gaga can put effort,time and heart and still make a bad song sometimes. The fact that she worked on it doesn't keep it from being a bad song. 

We should always be respectful to someone else's work but yeah let's not go too far

Bloody
5 minutes ago, Edge Of Venus said:

Your opinion is horrible :bye:

It's one of the best songs in her discography.

1 minute ago, Gabriele Civitella said:

Why people love ❤️Million Reasons ? And Why hetero love ❤️ the cure????

Talent 

𝕞𝕪 𝕓𝕚𝕘𝕘𝕖𝕤𝕥 𝕖𝕟𝕖𝕞𝕪 𝕚𝕤 𝕞𝕖, 𝕡𝕠𝕡 𝕒 𝟡𝟙𝟙

Brie Candy
1 minute ago, OBEY said:

PI flopped, let it go.

Let's talk about the smash hit The Cure instead.

Do you have the numbers (SPS) or the pure sales of PI? I really want for my personal archive, please

DeanWinchester
3 minutes ago, LetsGetHigh said:

:awkney:

RIP @LetsGetHigh's poor taste

sam-and-dean-visit-marys-grave-by-sasqua

OT: I'll stream The Cure after I finish revisiting Joanne :lolly:

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

1 hour ago, Americano said:

Ugh, can we not with the CTTR v. MR mess. We already know MR did better. It sold way more.

And we know why it sold more. Clearly, TC is doing better than BA. But comparing Katy and Gaga is so 2013. MR did decent in the US but WW we know CTTR was the winner. It underperformed for Katy's own standards. If Gaga had a hit like that the monsters wouldnt stop bragging for months. It's cool Gaga is doing better than lets say 2014-2016 but its not THAT impressive. We still have a long way to go. 

Stream TC. Song of te summer is coming.

OBEY
Just now, Brie Candy said:

Do you have the numbers (SPS) or the pure sales of PI? I really want for my personal archive, please

I don't but maybe @Gypsy Life or @ViviLittleM have them?

YeehawKylie
3 minutes ago, pdaines said:

One flop single stinks, but it's not like they lost every dollar they put into CTTR. It was certified platinum. It sold a substantial number of copies & drove a substantial number of streams. The label is probably losing money, but probably not more than half of what they made on "Dark Horse."

So, first and foremost I agree with essentially everything you said. The only thing I'd say is that Katy's label clearly had money invested in a radio and Spotify deal. At best I'd say they broke even with CTTR. I feel like that Spotify deal cost them a good bit of money and with the amount of exposure it received, I don't see it paying off. 

• Admin locked this topic

Archived