Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Everything We Know about DWUW video

Red Velvet

Featured Posts

MJHolland
2 hours ago, bujibu said:

The cross was barely controversial at all, like please. But Gaga being sedated in a hospital scene by someone whose had sexual charges brought against him and then having her body played with and straddled while she's out cold....I'm sorry but that's creepy and I have a high tolerance for heavy topics. She could probably have recovered from it but she would've taken a huge hit image/credibility wise. I completely get what she's saying about her body and the way the media treats her in the song but that hospital scene wouldn't have gone over well at all. 

I think it would've been fine with just the newspaper scenes, minus the part where she's getting railed from behind. 

I think the concept was fine, no more explicit that the lyrics of the songs itself for casual listeners who don't know the full meaning of the song 

And by simply typing in biggest lady gaga controversies into Google, the swallowing of the rosary was in the top 10 in nearly never list 

http://www.oregonlive.com/music/index.ssf/2017/01/lady_gagas_9_biggest_feuds_controversies.html

It even got a response from a spokesman for the Catholic League for Religious and Civil Rights

Edit: Lady Gaga has always been controversial, idk why some fans think she can't be. She was way more popular when she was pissing people off and grossing them out :wtfga:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
just another gay

I always think that R.Kelly doctor parts looks exactly like a beginning of a ****o. So cringy, and with that cheap looking set... I would like to see the rest of the videos tho, that gym part looks more fun.

God Control
9 hours ago, bujibu said:

It might not have ended her career but she would've taken a huge hit regardless. I get the artistic intent behind it but having someone accused of rape starring in it and having the director Terry Richardson behind the camera when he has dozens of models accusing him of creepy, rape-like behavior just sank the video. Feminists and rape survivors would've turned on her quickly, despite artistic intent, and would've drowned out any supporters of the video who have been victims in the past.

Not to freak people out but a lot of rape situations often occur when someone is sedated on an operating table. I worked for a surgeon once who said that medical staff will openly look at and critique patient's bodies while they're knocked out on the table, and that's just a simple comment. I can't imagine what else people have done to others while they're sedated, including grabbing body parts and worse. I'm glad she didn't release it. She could've salvaged it with just the newspaper scenes but the hospital scene would've been too much. 

But the idea that an artist would cancel a project, just so that some Tumblr users who probably don't buy her music, don't get upset is absurd. I mean look what happened to ARTPOP album BECAUSE OF not releasing music videos. She literally had only two, from an album that succeeded an album with 5 music videos. Do you believe it when I tell you that during ARTRAVE, some friends in the US told me the ticket is $20 but they wouldn't wanna go since "who cares about Gaga?" that's what happened. To me, that's worse than some outrage that has happened long ago to Madonna and look at her, making the highest grossing tours of all time for a female in the 2nd and 3rd decades of her career.

Art Ploft
13 hours ago, Sylvanas said:

We have these stills as well.

tumblr_o1ooalgv7a1qkpno6o1_1280.jpg

CaNYbykWcAAD0D0.jpg

I think those stills is from this part of the music

"Sometimes I'm scared I suppose
If you ever let me go
I would fall apart
If you break my heart
So just take my body
And don't stop the party"

i need so much AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

IllumiMark

DWUW video could have ruined her career? Maybe. But the mismanagement of the ARTPOP era already did that to her career, but she came back. She slowly fixed her reputation with her tributes (Oscars, Bowie), the jazz album C2C with Tony Bennett and now a controversy-free album, Joanne.

MonsterOfSpain
Just now, IllumiMark said:

DWUW video could have ruined her career? Maybe. But the mismanagement of the ARTPOP era already did that to her career, but she came back. She slowly fixed her reputation with her tributes (Oscars, Bowie), the jazz album C2C with Tony Bennett and now a controversy-free album, Joanne.

It was the press themselves the ones who "ruined" her career. ARTPOP had nothing to do with it. She had been on top for too long, there were new pushing stars like Miley and we all know media loves taking someone to the top and then give them their backs and say they're over just to support them back again.

migamiga

Have we traveled back in time to 2014? :awkney:

OT: In the end, I'm kinda glad it never saw the light of day. It was very p0rno-esque and it doesn't look good for a sexual assault activist to say "do what you want with my body" to a child molester and alleged rapist :awkney:

Dark Anatomy

Madonna literally made a video with burning crosses, a gang rape, and black jesus. And where is she?

I seriously doubt this would've ended her career. If anything, Gaga hadn't had ANY good controversy since Judas, and this would've given her that.

People already were eating up the song without a video, and something controversial could've not only given her ANOTHER top 10 hit but maybe save the ARTPOP era. 

Archived