šŸ’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT šŸ’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
review

LA Weekly: "Huge Letdown"

ReidOne

Featured Posts

Stewful2929

Can u imagine getting paid to write negative stuff about people doing what they love? Who is the real winner here? Gaga.Ā 

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Economy

Why was this thread locked a while ago???

Ā 

News is news. It being negative doesnt mean we ignore it as if it doesnt exist :awkney:Ā 

Wasn't this thread locked like an hour ago?

I think LA Weekly is full of sh*t

Gaga is not awkward she is REAL. Would they rather some mute or worse, rehearsed bullsh*t coming from her mouth on stage? Let Lady Gaga be a human!

Also the MR remix fit in nicely at Coachella and goes well with The Cure in the setlist....Ā 

littleFandor

She is ****ing entitled to play any Million Reason Remix she wants to play... WTF

ReidOne
12 minutes ago, juju said:

MR is cute and saved the era commercially, but......... girl.Ā 

Go find these people and get them together please :toofunny:Ā 

CNN TEAS

Ā 

ReidOne
16 minutes ago, anomdepllume said:

As someone who watched/listened to both weekends as they were performed, I think weekend 1 was more consistently meh but weekend two was way higher in energy and quality while hitting a few rough patches. So we got great moments like classic Love Game vocals and neat Sexxx Dreams ad-libs, but had a decidedly rocky performance of The Cure and Million Reasons and some awkward transitions. Overall I think I prefer Weekend 2 as a whole but a few moments of Weekend 1 might stand out a little more.

I think something y'all gotta keep in mind is that this was a cancellation spot. I feel like this is definitely something that has been brought up, but that we all keep forgetting. Gaga had like....mere months to get together a setlist and ideas and such for a performance that most pop stars of her caliber take half a year to prepare for. That doesn't excuse some of the poorer moments, but it does explain a lot (and may be the only reason we ever got The Cure at this point in time).Ā 

Besides, I would be nervous to sing something like Sexxx Dreams in front of my parents too!

100% this!Ā 

Sister
2 hours ago, ChaosAngelX69 said:

Reporting for deletion. Traditional media is failing because they'reĀ a bunch of snakes, and we need notĀ Ā support them by clicking on their clickbait tragedies.Ā 

Ā 

2 hours ago, Batwings said:

"Journalism"Ā 

Ā 

2 hours ago, ReidOne said:

It was LA Times last weekend. Different publication.Ā 

But clearly they did a copy and paste review.Ā 

Seriously. This passes as writing?!! Unbelievable and they write so far from seeming to project, as they are, at understanding Lady Gaga in this moment. They seem so far from knowing anything about her, besides " LOL"Ā at her while using "copy paste"Ā  @Ā  theĀ first few hits.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

Katie14
36 minutes ago, anomdepllume said:

As someone who watched/listened to both weekends as they were performed, I think weekend 1 was more consistently meh but weekend two was way higher in energy and quality while hitting a few rough patches. So we got great moments like classic Love Game vocals and neat Sexxx Dreams ad-libs, but had a decidedly rocky performance of The Cure and Million Reasons and some awkward transitions. Overall I think I prefer Weekend 2 as a whole but a few moments of Weekend 1 might stand out a little more.

I think something y'all gotta keep in mind is that this was a cancellation spot. I feel like this is definitely something that has been brought up, but that we all keep forgetting. Gaga had like....mere months to get together a setlist and ideas and such for a performance that most pop stars of her caliber take half a year to prepare for. That doesn't excuse some of the poorer moments, but it does explain a lot (and may be the only reason we ever got The Cure at this point in time).Ā 

Besides, I would be nervous to sing something like Sexxx Dreams in front of my parents too!

I agree with everything you said except the bolded part. About 85-90% of what we saw from Gaga were repeats of what we have already seen from her. She has performed all of these songs, except the cure, many times before. The elements that were different such as the instrumental transitions, the set pieces,Ā and the background videos may have been though up by her up by her but its not like she is the only one planning and executing everything. Basically, there was not anything in her set that was complicated and there wasn't even that much new stuff. Maybe im being naive about all this but I don't see how her set would take more than a few weeks to plan and prepare for.Ā 

And I thought she did great. Im not disappointed.Ā 

Disabled Account
48 minutes ago, Domino said:

Can u imagine getting paid to write negative stuff about people doing what they love? Who is the real winner here? Gaga.Ā 

YES! PREACH,Ā MY DARLIIINNNNNG.Ā :unicorn::unicorn::unicorn::unicorn::unicorn::unicorn:

BlaqJezus
2 hours ago, ReidOne said:

Guys, just to reiterate, the reason I posted the review is because I actually think it's pretty well-written. It's a bitter pill to swallow, but it's not a drag. It's an honest critique by an author who is clearly rooting for her.Ā 

I'm shook.Ā 

That headline tho...Ā 

No, this review was posted because it would grab comments and likes, and probably be a hit for all the people who will be out to question it. Rightfully so in my opinion.

From the videos I have seen of the second Coachella performance, she looks less tired, more polished, and more confident and well practiced. They should have streamed this one, since the line-up is new, and she barely had any time to really practice beforehand, being that it wasn't her gig until more recently.

Just like any other journalist online, this person is looking for clicks and replies, so instead of writing a piece that is more fair, they wrote a piece that is more negative than anything, but subtly as if they want to like it, but simply couldn't because of how poor it was. As a monster who follows Gaga's every move most of the time, and someone who searched out every little piece of video they could find of this second night, I would disagree with 98% of this.

In what way does her "front unravel"? She gets breathy and has to push herself for a straight through 90 minute concert? Is she supposed to be what? Smiles? Stone-faced? How is any of this relevant to her performance other than a random little jab?

"Moments she would never sanction" What has Gaga ever done to tell you that she edits herself based on album sales? When it sells well, it has more promo because of the promo budget, when it "doesn't sell as well", she seems to still have a ton of promo...so, where is the truth to this? And where in a performance specifically has she ever chosen certain songs based on money? Never. She does the songs she wants (and the ones she wants to promo), made evident by the fact that she did ****ing Venus and other ARTPOP songs that were never really chart toppers.Ā 

Ā 

ReidOne

@BlaqJezusĀ sis I am on the same page! Not hating anything you said. But I did not post for the "hit thread." It was a worthy analysis.Ā 

5 minutes ago, BlaqJezus said:

"Moments she would never sanction" What has Gaga ever done to tell you that she edits herself based on album sales?

Ā 

Yes, THIS! But both of you are right... Gaga pandered to the crowed with the MR EDM remix & debut of The Cure. But she also threw her middle fingers up to them playing Sexxx Dreams, Venus, Teeth, Scheibe and Applause karaoke.Ā 

She trolled them.Ā 

Just as @PunkTheFunkĀ pointed out, this was all about dichotomy.Ā 

Also go back and check out my analysis of the octopus symbolism. This LA Weekly review, while unintentional, only points to Gaga's subtle brilliance, if you ask me.Ā 

Octopus theory:Ā 

Ā 

BlaqJezus
2 hours ago, Bio said:

Clickbait headlines and stupid one-liners aside, they're kind of right. Seems like she doesn't know what do do anymore. That bit about how they saved the pyro for The Cure in case the song bombed is spot on lol. I bet Interscope told her they'd let her release Joanne but if it didn't work she'd have to release a basic album for the radio.

She doesn't know what to do anymore? She did the Super Bowl earlier this year, did a Dive Bar Tour which fit the album really well before that, she has had zero time to practice The Cure with live feed, which I agree needs work vocally, but what in the name of Satan makes you think Interscope had anything to do with what's going on?

You know Joanne is different than her other albums right? Not just that it is Americana style music, but also that it isn't really a concept album? All of her previous albums have been concept albums, with very straight forward and multi-tiered ideas of what imagery and variation should be put on them. This is a new area for her, so it won't feel the same whether you like it or not, but that in no way means that she doesn't know what she is doing and is being controlled.

40 minutes ago, Katie14 said:

I agree with everything you said except the bolded part. About 85-90% of what we saw from Gaga were repeats of what we have already seen from her. She has performed all of these songs, except the cure, many times before. The elements that were different such as the instrumental transitions, the set pieces,Ā and the background videos may have been though up by her up by her but its not like she is the only one planning and executing everything. Basically, there was not anything in her set that was complicated and there wasn't even that much new stuff. Maybe im being naive about all this but I don't see how her set would take more than a few weeks to plan and prepare for.Ā 

And I thought she did great. Im not disappointed.Ā 

This is true, but as someone who had done live stage work, it doesn't mean that because you know the parts of something, that you are suddenly ready to do them, especially if you aren't inherently or currently working on them. She practices for months at a time for her concerts and live performances, so what makes you think that a brand new line-up, with a new stage, and with very little break between songs for 90-minutes, would only take a few weeks?

Sorry, but I can't agree with that at all, she is so good on stage and so perfect on stage because she busts her ass, this isn't just a piece of cake, it is a huge helping of hard work, and when she doesn't have the time for that, it shows.

FinnishGypsy

Critics, the general public, and fans alike hold Gaga to an entirely different standard than other pop artists. There is NO one else in the pop industry who delivers fantastic live vocals, genuine crowd interaction, authenticity, choreography, intricate set designs, costumery, unpredictability, and instrumentals like Gaga. No two Gaga shows are the same. She is an unprecedented one-woman show, and is hardly ever given the acclaim (or even acknowledgment) she has rightfully earned, time and time again.Ā 

Katie14
11 minutes ago, BlaqJezus said:

This is true, but as someone who had done live stage work, it doesn't mean that because you know the parts of something, that you are suddenly ready to do them, especially if you aren't inherently or currently working on them. She practices for months at a time for her concerts and live performances, so what makes you think that a brand new line-up, with a new stage, and with very little break between songs for 90-minutes, would only take a few weeks?

Sorry, but I can't agree with that at all, she is so good on stage and so perfect on stage because she busts her ass, this isn't just a piece of cake, it is a huge helping of hard work, and when she doesn't have the time for that, it shows.

I just don't get that but I havnt performed before so I guess ill take your word for it.Ā 

Archived