đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Lil Yachty "Cures" Homophobia In Hip Hop!

xcx

Featured Posts

Lil Yachty, a rapper who has become increasingly popular in the past couple of years, debuted the album cover for his new album "Teenage Emotions." The cover features a very diverse group of people, such as people of different body sizes, skin color, skin conditions, and sexual orientations. Lil Yachty wanted to show how diverse teenagers are, probably because he's still a teen (he's 19). The response to the cover has been mostly positive, but the main section of the cover that's making waves is the two boys kissing in the top left corner. Twitter seems to be very supportive of the cover, but there are of course homophobic people who are attacking it.

lil-yachty-teenage-emotions-release-date

Yachty cancelled homophobia in hip hop with this cover! :tony:

In all seriousness, I think this covert art alone is a great step forward for hip hop because of its diversity. Thoughts? :oprah:

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PI Floppedt

His songs aren't exactly my cup of tea, but he definitely has my respect for being inclusive in a genre that views homosexuality, among other things, negatively or even as a taboo. Hopefully it'll pave the way for other hip-hop artistes to do the same, and hopefully to a higher degree! :pray:

I don't actually hate PI

venusfly

I really love that cover, not a fan of the music but I hope it gets good reception :applause:

PMKKARDASHiAN

Good. 

Homophobia in hip hop needs to die. 

Homophobia period needs to die.

I've never listened to him before but because of this I'll give him some streams 

Boyboi12

Why are y'all acting like he broke down the door for homo anything in hip hop! Like there haven't been other gay rappers :nails:

BloodyJudas

He has a song in the Billboard top 10 now , right ??? You know any of his good songs I could listen to???

venusfly
2 minutes ago, Boyboi12 said:

Why are y'all acting like he broke down the door for homo anything in hip hop! Like there haven't been other gay rappers :nails:

Homophobia is still a very big problem in hip hop culture so any step any major artist takes should be praised tbh

3 minutes ago, BloodyJudas said:

He has a song in the Billboard top 10 now , right ??? You know any of his good songs I could listen to???

I don't really listen to his music, but try One Night. I like it, but it's an acquired taste. 

4 minutes ago, Boyboi12 said:

Why are y'all acting like he broke down the door for homo anything in hip hop! Like there haven't been other gay rappers 

He's not gay :awkney:

BloodyJudas
2 minutes ago, Xtina Aguilera said:

I don't really listen to his music, but try One Night. I like it, but it's an acquired taste. 

He's not gay :awkney:

Thank u very much Xtina:hor:Very kind of you:wub:

Harry
11 minutes ago, Boyboi12 said:

Did anyone say that? He's not gay for starters. But he's currently a popular artist and any steps to break down barriers (yes, it is still a major barrier) like this should be applauded and discussed.

Archived