💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Was Gaga drunk/tipsy in her Coachella performance?

musicnotbling

Featured Posts

Letmelivemylife
26 minutes ago, Helxig said:

You haven't watched it yet?? I'm going to give you a spoiler! If you so choose to open it...

Hide contents

She performed some older songs including one song I NEVER expected... TEETH. She performed f.ucking teeth. 

Probably the first time I've used a spoiler tag correctly :laughga: 

But yeah she seemed really happy and grateful and excited to be back doing her pop thing. The Cure felt to me like I Wanna Be With U mixed with Come To Mama! She wants to bring us all in and help make us feel better. I understand the connection :wub:  it's why I've gotta meet her this time.

Exactly. If you ever watch videos of celebrities interacting with their fans, it just seems so "forced". It's just kind of that "omg please stop talking so I can go inside. If I say I love you too will that make you shut up?" kind of vibe. With gaga, she's usually the first one to hug you and they're real hugs too, not that "wrap your arm around your shoulder" hug. She's usually the first one to say "I love you" too. She not only changed the music industry but she changed the meaning of "I love my fans" ♥️

I love you monsters. I'd be unfixably broken without you

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bebe
16 minutes ago, lego said:

Someone said she hates Applause so she didn't want to perform it, idk is that even true, did she ever say that? Her band performed it live together with remix, but I think the wait after was on purpose. MR remix was like the last song she performs, Applause outro makes audience think that's the end of the show and they start chanting "Gaga, Gaga" and she comes back. 

I noticed she messed up her wig when she took off her shirt, so maybe fixing that and makeup took some time as well.

Yeah, but she was off stage for nearly 6 minutes :laughga: 

I don't think she hates Applause, I mean she certainly loves the visuals she was praising the hell out of it on RPDR. It just wasn't executed well anyway it's spun imo. I don't know anybody who walks off stage for their last song and just lets the track play, like I certainly knew it wasn't the end. 

If she wanted Applause to look like it was the last song then fine, perform it, thank the crowd and wait 3 minutes or so before coming back on stage. The wait between Applause and Poker Face wouldn't have struck me as that bad if she had actually performed for Applause - but it was a long wait between the end of the MR remix and the start of Poker Face. 

It's a bizarre choice for her to just play the lead single from one of her albums of the speakers while you're off stage... I don't doubt that the intention was for it to be an outro type thing to get the audience to cheer before the encore but to spend almost 6 minutes off stage? To just leave the stage and play a track while you're getting ready? It didn't work for me.

I'm brushing it off as her not having a huge amount of time to prepare. The rest of it was brilliant in my eyes, so I don't want it to seem like I thought her Coachella set was awful, I just don't think she should have had an Applause karaoke section and then a wait. 6 mins was too long for her to be off stage imo, especially when it's like after midnight in the middle of a desert music festival - people get cold :rip: 

sass bonbon
29 minutes ago, Katie14 said:

Who is Jimmy? I feel like you are reading into this too much. There were mistakes but all of them were minor and barely noticeable. 

the guitarrist. I don't think starting off in many songs and the improv speeches were barely noticeable. That annoying guy from the LA times that always bashes gaga saw the same.

Anyway, the setlist was awesome for the fans, I loved this show. Stream the cureeee!!!!

bbhmm

Schwerk

To me she just seemed a tiny bit more nervous then normal. Probably because this is a big deal, performing such a big set for a 'strange audience'. She wanted to cater to Coachella and to me she did perfectly. She has a LOT on her mind atm so I can totally understand some minor missteps.  She mostly seemed like she was really enjoying the moment and smiling from ear to ear and I love seeing her that happy.

According to Gaga I'm a ****ing rad bitch

HausOfMiklaus
2 hours ago, TheCure said:

I don't think she was out of it, drunk, high or anything like that.  I think it's simply a matter of not enough rehearsal time due to her being a last-minute fill in.  But the looseness worked at a festival like Coachella.  I watched it a second time and she really was fantastic.  But it's like the first show of any tour that has choreography and "big production".  It's always going to have some opening night f#ck-ups.

I think this might be the case. In addition, I think all the time and preparation for the Superbowl probably had an effect on her too because they rehearsed it for so long and it had so many particular moves and beats and turns and stunts; they certainly had less time to prepare for Coachella which is a longer production.

That said, she was pretty much vocally perfect :giveup: there were so many new production changes and vocal adlibs that I was floored so many times :giveup: the choreography was great and her engagement with the audience once she broke out of those weird quiet spells was on point. She shouldn't have worried if she was.

TheBatman

I don't think she was drunk or high, but maybe she had one or two drinks or one or two puffs? because she had a whole new stage persona and I loved it. A little 'over it," a little attitude, a new sensual confidence, whatever it was, maybe for her character in ASIB? but I loved it. 

Filintheblank

gaga just share what she feel and had been thru  with her fans. for me it's look okay 

and she enjoy the way she are that all. - she look happy perform at coachella.....

but speechless song, gaga look a like talk about someone she love... i hope the one she love is me... hahaha =P

just joking.. 

When did you guys saying she seemed weird/off start stanning..? Coachella Gaga was so refreshing to me; it was the Gaga so many of us knew from TMB and TBTWB. That's just how she always used to be on stage. It was great to see her seem so in her element again. I can't help but feel like people who missed that must be newer fans.

musicnotbling
9 hours ago, Clip said:

Reading this I'm kind of glad that I don't have bad period cramps

Reveal hidden contents

You  know what you can end up talking about on a Gaga forum:laughga:

same, I guess I'm blessed I rarely get them and even when I do, theyre not that bad

Sailor
4 hours ago, Helxig said:

She didn't have trouble, she was singing these songs with her new vocal techniques, and changing them up along the way. The changes sounded fresh to me :P   She's said that she likes to improvise and you can see that. I really, really loved her new renditions of her older songs! I thought she nailed the whole performance start to finish. I'm quite surprised to see so many people here who thought she sounded bad. Maybe it's just that she's put a Joanne twist on some very old songs, that we haven't heard from her for many years. She used to sing and perform differently!

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely loved the show! In fact, I'd be willing to go as far as to say it was better than the Super Bowl on many levels. I was a mess during it and screaming and crying throughout!

I just think she was a mixture of nervous and drunk. I hope that it wasn't anything more than that, 'cause I don't like to see her feeling down!

bannedT for life and it's SAD

musicnotbling
23 minutes ago, Tyler said:

When did you guys saying she seemed weird/off start stanning..? Coachella Gaga was so refreshing to me; it was the Gaga so many of us knew from TMB and TBTWB. That's just how she always used to be on stage. It was great to see her seem so in her element again. I can't help but feel like people who missed that must be newer fans.

I've been a Stan for years. Just recently joined this site.

whether or not you're a new fan, you can go back and watch her performances. 

dont start taking superiority lmao

Yeah she was either drunk or really high. I mean it's Coachella, everyone was :giggle:.  I would've been 

19 hours ago, Rescued said:

She talked about not being 'here' and at some point she started talking about things stronger than love :duck: (which is the last thing you'd wanna say at coachella where 'love' is the cliché ultimate force and sh*t like that, and gaga knows it and she knew she ****ed up as soon as she said it).

think it was a reference to http://theloveproject2017.com

just saying i love you and stuff is hollow hippy **** compared to tangible co-creation of a loving world.

migamiga
20 hours ago, Mister Gaga said:

Idk but something definitely happened last night. She looked so strange. 

Yeah I'm surprised people aren't talking more about this. She was so obviously different (at least to me). She didn't seem present or as passionate as she use to.

But then again, say anything that isn't praising gaga and people will come with pitchforks :madge:

artRaver

*Smokes weed and drinks once, automatically becomes professional who can detect drug usage of others* 

✿ cherry blossom girl ✿

Archived