Featured Posts

OMonster
6 minutes ago, Earthling said:

THIS 

THIS

AND THIS

THANK YOU

It's like, what do these guys want from her? :emma:

She literally gave us everything we've wanted for years now...

I can't think about the criticism too much because it really does annoy me. It makes me sad that her performance isn't being appreciated (by only some, I know) because, from her perspective, what more can she possibly do? She gave us our wish list minus only a few little things - which she is probably saving for the JWT (specific touring outfits ect). 

I mean, the girl performed Scheiße. Actual Scheiße. The song she literally broke her hip to and the song that nearly ended her career. She did that for US to show her STRENGTH and COMMITMENT to her monsters / artistry. 

It's insane any true monster could be let down right now. 

subtext / fantasy

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
elijahfan

I strongly disagree with you, her Coachella set was absolute fire. As for the song, well... could she have written it 5 or 10 years ago? Yes. Would she have released it then? Probably not. It's just a one-off single, I'm not worried whatsoever. Just hoping her next musical endeavor has more edge.

Earthling
8 minutes ago, OMonster said:

It's like, what do these guys want from her? :emma:

She literally gave us everything we've wanted for years now...

I can't think about the criticism too much because it really does annoy me. It makes me sad that her performance isn't being appreciated (by only some, I know) because, from her perspective, what more can she possibly do? She gave us our wish list minus only a few little things - which she is probably saving for the JWT (specific touring outfits ect). 

I mean, the girl performed Scheiße. Actual Scheiße. The song she literally broke her hip to and the song that nearly ended her career. She did that for US to show her STRENGTH and COMMITMENT to her monsters / artistry. 

It's insane any true monster could be let down right now. 

the fact she opened with it!!!

IT'S SUCH A POWERFUL STATEMENT  

(edit)

I know right! I want to rave about all the fan-service in her performance but there was literally so much I don't know where to begin! That Alejandro, the MR part, Venus, the intro mashup with PARTYNASEOUS 

she freaking served us a buffet of slay 

BUT I'm too busy being slayed by The Cure that I don't have time to even praise it properly

the amount she is serving this fanbase is insane yet some people are complaining???

:bye:

*she switched baristas. ☕️

This morning, after being absolutely SLAYED by Gaga's performance at Coachella (I think this is the peak of her career tbh) I logged back onto GGD after some absence to feed my Gaga buzz and, this being the first post I see, it was instantly killed.

I thought she looked happier and more alive than ever, she looked REAL. The interludes SLAYED the visuals SLAYED the choreography SLAYED the setlist SLAYED and she looked HOT AS ****:firega:

I don't understand people like you with the audacity to claim she's lost her passion or her spark or she's generic or she's fake... As if you know her behind closed doors or something... gtfo

Just because something doesn't fit into your subjective tastes doesn't mean what the other person created is lazy... That is such a ****ed up way of thinking. It is incredibly insulting and rude. You should be ashamed of yourself. No wonder Gaga stays off this site.

That J

I thought she looked and sounded flawless.  She was fun, happy, chill, flowing from song to song with ease and I absolutely loved it.  She didn't bow down to every hit like it's God, sure...but I found that to be funny, not an insult!  

Her paying near total dust to Joanne was interesting but we have an entire Joanne World Tour coming up so that void will be filled.   I was thankful to hear fan favorites...and she treated them like they were bonafide smashes!  

She debuted a brand new song nobody saw coming and while it is the opposite of what Gaga typically does, it doesn't sound that different than several of her unreleased songs I've seen many here stan over big time.  

So, while I hate a lot of people didn't love it the way I did, I'm not surprised.  She could glitter poof the kingdom of Heaven from her vagina and some here would call it a flop.   Ya can't win them all.   😛

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

Earthling
7 minutes ago, Nafen said:

This morning, after being absolutely SLAYED by Gaga's performance at Coachella (I think this is the peak of her career tbh) I logged back onto GGD after some absence to feed my Gaga buzz and, this being the first post I see, it was instantly killed.

I thought she looked happier and more alive than ever, she looked REAL. The interludes SLAYED the visuals SLAYED the choreography SLAYED the setlist SLAYED and she looked HOT AS ****:firega:

I don't understand people like you with the audacity to claim she's lost her passion or her spark or she's generic or she's fake... As if you know her behind closed doors or something... gtfo

Just because something doesn't fit into your subjective tastes doesn't mean what the other person created is lazy... That is such a ****ed up way of thinking. It is incredibly insulting and rude. You should be ashamed of yourself. No wonder Gaga stays off this site.

THANK YOU

Can I like this a million times?? 

Spoiler

Seriously the OP really dampened my spirits and really made me question some of this fanbase 

*she switched baristas. ☕️

Sister

I could see Gaga leaving music to focus solely on her acting career, especially if she isn't into what the trending sound is at and going towards into the future. and if she is really loving her acting life. I can imagine that she will eventually hit Broadway as well and will be a smash hit there.

I would like for Gaga to only be about the music, but this is her life and I have my own to dictate.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

JohnWayne23
12 hours ago, ComeToJoe said:

Quite the opposite, it felt like she was most alive when she sang The Cure in my eyes

exactly, she seemed so excited

nick4bty

God this site is the pits :awkney:

Labeling a song tropical house that isn't even tropical house and diagnosing Gaga without having a ****ing clue :awkney:

crybrowz

I really don't like the song very much either, but I think we need to understand that part of Gaga's job as a pop star is to pay attention to whats trendy and make songs that people will like. This song will probably do very well and revive her some of her popularity on the radio. So while I agree that the song is very basic and not on par with what she's capable of, its still a cute song that will most likely be successful and add another hit to her catalogue. 

TheGagaOfItAll

I don't like pushing a narrative on her about what she feels about music at this point. The whole kind of facade thing she talks about a lot in 2015 took people by surprise and yesterday being hit with songs she hadn't played in a while and opening with that song was just indication that this is what she loves to do. 

She looks more focused than anything. She also had so much fun talking back to the audience. IDK how people see someone losing passion at all. I thought she had the time of her life and had a beautiful retrospective of her career. 

Nobody's gonna heal me if I don't open the door

Judas Oyster
9 hours ago, DemeLarell said:

I don't hear tropical house whatsoever. Yes there is trending sounds on hear but I hear a more 90s/00s vibes on here

This song could be by The Chainsmokers ft. Tina Turner/Cindy Louper or something IMO. It's very tropical, it sounds just like every other pop song on the radio these days 😅 But I'm glad you don't feel the same way!

Cameltoe Chariot

GOD you guys are beyond irritating! The GP is EATING up her performance and The Cure is the biggest hit she's had in years. I hate to tell you this but 70% of her original fanbase moved on after ARTPOP hoping she'd go back to the days of The Fame/Monster, and they're coming back in droves now after this new single. Her fanbase is NOT limited to this tiny fan forum. The Cure is not the "anti-thesis" of Lady Gaga - it's pure, classic Lady Gaga. If that's not enough for you feel free to hang your Joanne hat up... you won't be missed.

8zijkk.gif

River

Wanna know something funny..

Mark Ronson - The only reason she worked with him is because of the success of Uptown Funk, let's ****ing admit it, she jumped on this trend in one second!

Bloodpop - The songs that he produced were everywhere and were big hits, she saw it, she wanted it too.

So it's tiring to read that she "jumped on the trend", she always did it, but she knew how to handle it in a smart way.

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Nullvoid

Once again people thinking way to much into what she's doing... can't you guys just enjoy the performance and new song..

• Zilla locked this topic

Archived