news

Lady Gaga - The Cure

Hurem

Featured Posts

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Eros92

This is my rant. And Im done with people hating it. 

People bashed Joanne because "it wasn't her",. didn't have any fun dance songs she's know for or have fun catchy lyrics.

Releases "The Cure" which is all of the above and people still complain. I mean can she ever win? I love it. Yeah its super radio friendly and more up to par with whats on the radio now but thats not a bad thing. She doesn't need to prove she's better then almost every artist on the radio because we already know she is. We know she has the vocal and writing ability far superior to that most others have. And she decided to release what I consider a "Modern The Fame" single. Its a bop and you can dance to it and it makes you feel good. No its DOESN'T sound like a Chainsmokers song. Hell it doesn't even sound like a DJ White Shadow produced song but it is. And the vocal delivery on the song is top notch 

Robo Ga
14 minutes ago, Awrah999 said:

"I'll undress you 'cause you're god"

I actually love this song and think it's a huge smash waiting to happen but this lyric was cringe-worthy to me

It's " 'cause you're tired" not god

🤖⚡️

DeleteMyAccount
1 minute ago, HarleyQuinzel said:

This is my rant. And Im done with people hating it. 

People bashed Joanne because "it wasn't her",. didn't have any fun dance songs she's know for or have fun catchy lyrics.

Releases "The Cure" which is all of the above and people still complain. I mean can she ever win? I love it. Yeah its super radio friendly and more up to par with whats on the radio now but thats not a bad thing. She doesn't need to prove she's better then almost every artist on the radio because we already know she is. We know she has the vocal and writing ability far superior to that most others have. And she decided to release what I consider a "Modern The Fame" single. Its a bop and you can dance to it and it makes you feel good. No its DOESN'T sound like a Chainsmokers song. Hell it doesn't even sound like a DJ White Shadow produced song but it is. And the vocal delivery on the song is top notch 

It's alright, but just seems odd. She did state recently about not making music for mainstream/hits/etc. So I'm wondering where she's coming from now. I think I have more an issue with the instrumental. But I hope it does well!

Awrah999
Just now, Robo Ga said:

Apple Music says that's what the lyric is so I just took it at face value.  I tried to screenshot it but can't figure out how to embed it sorry. 

Eros92
5 minutes ago, Maleficent said:

Do we know who produced this??

Composers: Lady Gaga, Lukas Nelson, Nick Monson, Mark Nilan & Paul Blair

So DJ White Shadow. 

Awrah999
6 minutes ago, Robo Ga said:

I can hear tired when I listen but Apple Music says god and so does Gagadaily even thought gagadaily seems to have some other lyrics wrong (decide not desire). Who knows

Fanta

I thought Joanne was alright but this is just bad. The song itself isn't bad, it's a good song (so baby tell me yes is my favorite part) and will do well on radio. It just doesn't make sense that it came from Gaga. I guess I don't like that she contradicted herself again. If this was an Arianna song it would have been easier to swallow. It's fun though, and catchy. Perfect for the summer.

Its no.5 is South Africa........ this is a MIRACLE, .......This country is obsessed with Beyonce and Rap..... SLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY:golfclap:

calmar
5 minutes ago, RudzXinc said:

I don't understand where people get Closer comparison? :saladga:

They're both more commercial-sounding songs for a contemporary audience and are in the same key (Ab major). The opening hook of The Cure is also dancehallish enough to warrant comparison to the general instrumentation of Closer.

6 minutes ago, Fanta said:

If this was an Ariana song it would have been easier to swallow. It's fun though, and catchy. Perfect for the summer.

I think I enjoyed it more when I thought it was a fan-directed exclusive, or, later, a teaser/relic of ARTPOP II. I still wasn't a huge fan of it then, but it felt more okay as something non-commercial than a new single. When she said it was indeed the new single and was impacting streaming I was stunned. 

俺の勝利は揺るぎない

Rudz Xinc
2 minutes ago, calmar said:

They're both more commercial-sounding songs for a contemporary audience and are in the same key (Ab major). The opening hook of The Cure is also dancehallish enough to warrant comparison to the general instrumentation of Closer.

They sounds nothing alike. 

Look at those clowns

calmar
1 minute ago, RudzXinc said:

They sound nothing alike. 

:shrug: And that's fine. I do hear a similarity and that's okay as well. Not trying to stir anything. 

俺の勝利は揺るぎない

IamChromatica

Its like Second Time Around's younger cousin, showcasing raw vocals without any cheesy love/sex but still a universal uplifting bop.

I love it a lot personally.

• Haroon locked this topic

Archived