💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Has mainstream culture gotten less 'gay'?

RadioIsOurs

Featured Posts

RadioIsOurs

...with it's peak during the disco era? :sis:

If so is that a sign that mainstream society has become less tolerant of gay media? 

Discuss hunties :sis:

alejandreaux

It saw a resurgence in the early 2010s with those huge self love/acceptance anthems, such as Born This Way, We R Who We R, Firework, F***ing Perfect, etc.... the whole EDM phase in general was very female driven and inherently gay-friendly. but with Ed Sheeran and The Chainsmokers slaying together right now it's clear that straight white boys with spofity accounts are dictating what's popular in music. 😶

The Child
23 minutes ago, alejandreaux said:

It saw a resurgence in the early 2010s with those huge self love/acceptance anthems, such as Born This Way, We R Who We R, Firework, F***ing Perfect, etc.... the whole EDM phase in general was very female driven and inherently gay-friendly. but with Ed Sheeran and The Chainsmokers slaying together right now it's clear that straight white boys with spofity accounts are dictating what's popular in music. 😶

Don't forget that straight boys in general, white or not are dictating what's popular in music. I mean Drake's new album got a billion streams in only a few weeks.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

Modern Ecstacy

It was definitely 'more gay' 5-7 years ago during the whole Lady Gaga period and Glee period but now it has died down a lot :(

MaybeKermit
1 hour ago, Modern Ecstacy said:

It was definitely 'more gay' 5-7 years ago during the whole Lady Gaga period and Glee period but now it has died down a lot :(

I dont think it has really died down...

i think people r like: ok we know gays exist but it doesnt need to be shown every second wherever we r. And I think thats a good thing? They have accepted it in a way, and we are still very visible (gay slang, more gay characters in movies/series, that first boy cover girl,...)

The mainstream culture doesnt have to be 100% gay I think :blush:

Delusional Aura

I think it has to do with many more people not caring anymore whether you're gay or not. 

littlepotter

There has definitely been a huge decline in gay friendly (you know what I mean) popular songs these past few years.

The police officer in the video looks like Sandor Clegane :ladyhaha:

chaeri pls

Archived