• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply
juju
2 minutes ago, Fernster7 said:

Bitch the ****? This song is everything

giphy.gif

I just get here and Love Again is OUT? :grr: 

It's too soon for me to be melting down but what the **** this was Top 2 material :grr: 

❤ x ❤

littlepotter

Like... i cant even describe how Warm Blood makes me feel :kara: the second verse is like so much 

The only thing i dont like about it is the awful choice to include those chimes in the chorus. Totally ruins the chorus

Still the best song

chaeri pls

alextruper17
Just now, Fernster7 said:

It is my favorite bonus track, I gave it a 9. Not fair GGD.

giphy.gif

My favourite bonus track is never get to hold you, but I love Love Again so much.

Miss Americana & The Heartbreak Prince

narcoswing
Just now, littlepotter said:

Like... i cant even describe how Warm Blood makes me feel :kara: the second verse is like so much 

The only thing i dont like about it is the awful choice to include those chimes in the chorus. Totally ruins the chorus

Still the best song

THEY'RE PERFECT HOW DARE YOU

TeenIdle

y7EZCAZ.png

NEVER GET TO HOLD YOU (13)

SCORE: 7,87

WHERE I WOULD’VE PLACED IT: #9

POS. AFTER FIRST HALF OF SUBMISSIONS: #13

LOWEST: 5 @IAmDavid @Modern Ecstacy @Sure Joanne

HIGHEST: 11 @Creyk @Hoeanne

Comments:

Spoiler

@SychosSoChic

Another chill bop that I can fall asleep to  

@oheyitso

Never heard this one before, nothing particularly special but a nice extra that would have fit on the album.

@Pablo

This is a first listen for me, it's a bonus track because it's not as good as the rest of the album. Even a song from Emotion: Side B would fit better than this song. That sad, it's not too bad, just doesn't fit the album theme too much.

@London GUY

Should have been on the Singles list not just the deluxe tracklist

@jujubae

Contains some of my favorite verses and choruses from the album; Carly's bonus tracks are A1.

@ItsTommyBitch

speak of the devil... This is the sweetest little gem on the album tbh. The vocal delivery is perfect. I just feel like I'm floating on a cloud, but i'm cool (the perfect temperature) when I hear this. Kind of bittersweet lyrics, and an amazing chorus that is almost like... bop worthy, but also not because of the topic. The percussion is subtle, but effective in the chorus too.

@Antonio

It literally has standard edition potential, why didn't it make it? So soothing and beautiful.

@Hoeanne

There's an essay about Vaporware in here somewhere, but that's a story for another sleepless night. What matters is that for the last couple years the alternative scene has been having a heated three-way love affair with 80s Pop music and A E S T H E T I C S. And the person to perfect the sound that resulted wasn't The 1975, as much as they wanted to be, it was Carly Rea Jepsen. This is a masterpiece of emotive atmospherics.
P.S. If you like this I highly recommend Chris Rubeo's cover of "Lover's Spit".

@IAmDavid

It's not a really important track.The production is pretty good but it's way too predictable and uninteresting.It is okay as a bonus track though

juju

Literally me on Love Again:

I live for this song and can't *wait* to see you all underrate this masterpiece and pay it complete dust! (: 

:madge: did I lie

❤ x ❤

Fernster7
30 minutes ago, jujubae said:

I just get here and Love Again is OUT? :grr: 

It's too soon for me to be melting down but what the **** this was Top 2 material :grr: 

The injustice, TastelessDaily once again.

giphy.gif

We have two selves. One the world needs us to be, compliant, and the shadow. Ignore it and life is forever suffering.

SychosSoChic

Oop I'm late.

But I'm shaven smooth, moisturised for the gods, and exfoliated to the point of no return. The only thing I didn't do was douche tbh.

I'm ready to be disappointed by you all, though I'm glad to say, my favs are still going strong.

tumblr_on70ksHyYF1u6n38po1_250.gif

Life ain't Hollywood for any one of us.

DelusionalGaga
2 minutes ago, littlepotter said:

Still the best song

I think you're  my soulmate 

tumblr_ojqpuqz0zm1u6n38po1_250.gif

monsterdino
7 minutes ago, TeenIdle said:

sexqTW0.png

LOVE AGAIN (14)

SCORE: 7,54

WHERE I WOULD’VE PLACED IT: #8

POS. AFTER FIRST HALF OF SUBMISSIONS: #15

LOWEST: 2 @Creyk

HIGHEST: 10 VARIOUS USERS

Comments:

Reveal hidden contents

@SychosSoChic

Carly was ROBBED of the grammy she so sorely deserved  how did this album not smash? 

@oheyitso

Not as strong chorus’ as other songs on the standard, but still a catchy tune.

@Pablo

This is also a first listen, I think it's a stronger song compared to Never Get to Hold You because I'm already jamming to it

@London GUY

@jujubae

The first choice for my 11, until my love for IDJCHTD was reignited. Love Again belongs on the standard version for so many reasons. Not only is it the perfect pop song with an indelible hook and my favorite chorus of the entire album, but it reminds me of an anime opening for a spring special or something? - cherry blossoms, views from the hilltops, running through the streets, tons of balloons, a shot of her sipping tea in a lolita get-up, etc etc etc, typical cute shoujo aesthetics and looks. I live for this song and can't *wait* to see you all underrate this masterpiece and pay it complete dust! (: 

@ItsTommyBitch

This track's melody really reminds me of J-pop at times. The soaring intro that comes back as the chorus later, the PRE-CHORUS "I never meant to fight... with you" and the accompaniment in the guitar and synth and percussion is so freaking perfect. It's one of the most memorable pre-choruses on the entire project, and the thumping drums with the accents so perfectly placed helps make the intro-now-chorus feel original and new. I always bop.

@Antonio

Another lovely track, should've at least made the official deluxe edition...

@Hoeanne

Cute. Would make more sense on "Kiss", but I like it as a bonus track.

@IAmDavid

It's quite catchy but incredibly generic,predictable and meh. I can't understand how she used those songs and left out the side B tracks  

noooooooo love again is such a bop

littlepotter
1 minute ago, narcoswing said:

THEY'RE PERFECT HOW DARE YOU

Perfectly tacky, yes

chaeri pls

Fernster7
30 minutes ago, TeenIdle said:

y7EZCAZ.png

NEVER GET TO HOLD YOU (13)

SCORE: 7,87

WHERE I WOULD’VE PLACED IT: #9

POS. AFTER FIRST HALF OF SUBMISSIONS: #13

LOWEST: 5 @IAmDavid @Modern Ecstacy @Sure Joanne

HIGHEST: 11 @Creyk @Hoeanne

Comments:

Reveal hidden contents

@SychosSoChic

Another chill bop that I can fall asleep to  

@oheyitso

Never heard this one before, nothing particularly special but a nice extra that would have fit on the album.

@Pablo

This is a first listen for me, it's a bonus track because it's not as good as the rest of the album. Even a song from Emotion: Side B would fit better than this song. That sad, it's not too bad, just doesn't fit the album theme too much.

@London GUY

@jujubae

Contains some of my favorite verses and choruses from the album; Carly's bonus tracks are A1.

@ItsTommyBitch

speak of the devil... This is the sweetest little gem on the album tbh. The vocal delivery is perfect. I just feel like I'm floating on a cloud, but i'm cool (the perfect temperature) when I hear this. Kind of bittersweet lyrics, and an amazing chorus that is almost like... bop worthy, but also not because of the topic. The percussion is subtle, but effective in the chorus too.

@Antonio

It literally has standard edition potential, why didn't it make it? So soothing and beautiful.

@Hoeanne

There's an essay about Vaporware in here somewhere, but that's a story for another sleepless night. What matters is that for the last couple years the alternative scene has been having a heated three-way love affair with 80s Pop music and A E S T H E T I C S. And the person to perfect the sound that resulted wasn't The 1975, as much as they wanted to be, it was Carly Rea Jepsen. This is a masterpiece of emotive atmospherics.
P.S. If you like this I highly recommend Chris Rubeo's cover of "Lover's Spit".

@IAmDavid

It's not a really important track.The production is pretty good but it's way too predictable and uninteresting.It is okay as a bonus track though

Disgusted. This is miles better than LGL.

giphy.gif

We have two selves. One the world needs us to be, compliant, and the shadow. Ignore it and life is forever suffering.

Archived