💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

opinion

Shout out to Kim Kardashian

Bebe

Featured Posts

Pharamon
32 minutes ago, Dominic Marc said:

That's the thing. Kim was always one step ahead. The mobile app sparked countless imitations, her Kimoji icons are doing well and even her family are continously seeking out and succeeding in business endeavours.  

I mean come on, through the power of their branding and marketing eye, people are spending millions on lip kits from a girl who 1 year ago had no lip. That's the power of their brand. 

Not everyone can achieve that. They're more than just a sex tape now. Every move was so strategic. Look at Kim releasing the Tswift tapes just after the episode aired. They aren't stupid and talentless women. Quite the opposite really. 

they are just puppets and people around them do everything for them ... dont be delusional and think that they they're geniuses themselves - they are just pretty faces which are supposed to sell which is sad and not impressive to me.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jenniferella

Next thread : "The Trump empire is impressive, yes it is ! Shout out to Donald Trump for his marvellous work ,so much respect for this dude and his success" :awesome:

"I have been writing LG5 since I was 13"

Pharamon
5 minutes ago, Bebe said:

:smh: None of that was even about Kim Kardashian

I find the way the Kardashian clan have built such a large brand and sustained it for such a long time extremely fascinating and impressive :shrug: I don't think you even understand what the topic is about, you're just writing dismissive comments because you don't like Kim Kardashian... Which is fine, just irrelevant.

It's not that I dont like her... it's that I dont like the system in which we live in and are supposed to operate in. People with talent and effort are somewhere at the end of the gray road meanwhile one sextape boosted their careers and gave them power like nothing else could. Dont you think it's quite depressive and ridiculous instead of impressive? The world is changing yeah blabla but why is it favoring puppets and their puppeteers instead of humans with an idea or a plan to do GOOD. And don't tell me selling stuff and making money off of people is good.

Dominic
Just now, Skrill said:

they are just puppets and people around them do everything for them ... dont be delusional and think that they they're geniuses themselves - they are just pretty faces which are supposed to sell which is sad and not impressive to me.

It's not delusional to put personal opinion aside and see how impressive it is to go from nothing to something. It's delusional to deny it. Whether you like them or not the Kardashian clan have built an entire and that's factual.  

They're hardly puppets.  They have a symbiotic relationship with their advertisers/deals in which they both profit. 

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

Jenniferella
Just now, Dominic Marc said:

It's not delusional to put personal opinion aside and see how impressive it is to go from nothing to something. It's delusional to deny it. Whether you like them or not the Kardashian clan have built an entire and that's factual.  

They're hardly puppets.  They have a symbiotic relationship with their advertisers/deals in which they both profit. 

Yes, except the fact that you don't become "something" because you earn a lot of money :sweat:

Pharamon
2 minutes ago, Dominic Marc said:

lmao.

I wonder how did they go from nothing to something huh? Talent? Hard work? Effort? Nope none of that - just one sex tape

Sirius094

No surprise tbh, she was already rich thanks to her father, she already knew famous people, she took advantage from the situation (sex tape) to build her empire. I don't see it like an achievment, just.. cheap.

Pem Pem Perempem Pem Pem Pem

Bebe
6 minutes ago, Skrill said:

It's not I dont like her... it's that I dont like the system which we live in and are supposed to operate in. People with talent and effort are somewhere at the end of the gray road meanwhile one sextape boosted their careers and gave them power like nothing else could. Dont you think it's quite depressive and ridiculous instead of impressive? The world is changing yeah blabla but why is it favoring puppets and their puppeteers instead of humans with an idea or a plan to do GOOD. And don't tell me selling stuff and making money off of people is good.

" it's that I dont like the system which we live in and are supposed to operate in."

Doesn't seem relevant to what I'm saying :confused:

"People with talent and effort are somewhere at the end of the gray road meanwhile one sextape boosted their careers and gave them power like nothing else could."

Doesn't seem relevant to what I'm saying :confused:

"Dont you think it's quite depressive and ridiculous instead of impressive?"

Can it not be both? Again with the Coke example, it seems sad and ridiculous that there is a billion dollar corporation built upon selling people unhealthy brown, sugar water that has no doubt contributed to people dying from all sorts of health related problems and has led to environmental catastrophes. It doesn't make it less impressive or fascinating that a billion dollar multinational corporation has managed to brand itself in such a way that it sells billions of cans of sugary, brown water every day and is recognised all around the world.

"The world is changing yeah blabla but why is it favoring puppets and their puppeteers instead of humans with an idea or a plan to do GOOD."

Again this seems like an irrelevant rant :shrug:

"And don't tell me selling stuff and making money off of people is good"

Didn't say that? :confused: I said it was 'impressive' and 'fascinating'.

Jenniferella
Just now, Sirius094 said:

No surprise tbh, she was already rich thanks to her father

:deadbanana: For real, it amazes me how one can say they started with "nothing" bahaha. 

Dominic
5 minutes ago, Skrill said:

lmao.

I wonder how did they go from nothing to something huh? Talent? Hard work? Effort? Nope none of that - just one sex tape

Answered this and so has @Bebe

Conversation isn't progressing. Personal bias taints people's perception. 

Pharamon
Just now, Dominic Marc said:

Answered this and so has @Bebe

Conversation isn't progressing. Personal bias taints people's perception. 

oh the goddamn irony in this sentence :ladyhaha: 

Dominic

Paris Hilton is in a similar vein but she was unable to maintain that status. Crazy considering Kim was just Paris' friend originally. 

I do question the morality behind it though, particularly Kris' but that's another topic and doesn't change anything. 

Bebe
2 minutes ago, Dominic Marc said:

Paris Hilton is in a similar vein but she was unable to maintain that status. Crazy considering Kim was just Paris' friend originally. 

I do question the morality behind it though, particularly Kris' but that's another topic and doesn't change anything. 

To be honest, half the reason I made this thread is because I found this gif:

anigif_enhanced-3601-1443092193-12.gif?d

and thought it was so crazy how quickly things can change and how fleeting fame can be.

To me this gif kinda summarizes how impressive Kim and her family's ability to gain and maintain that success is. One moment Paris Hilton is one of the biggest stars on the planet and barely anyone knows who Kim Kardashian is - next minute Kim Kardashian is one of the biggest stars on the planet and barely anyone thinks about Paris Hilton anymore.

Kim Kardashian found fame in a similar way to Paris. She was wealthy, a socialite and a sex tape thrust them into the spotlight. One was able to ride on that wave for a couple of years, the other was able to build an empire from it and maintain it for a decade.

All the critics in this thread like "But Kim didn't come nothing" and "She became successful from a sex tape, how is that impressive??" seem to forget about Paris Hilton. She rose to fame in an almost identical way, but how long was she able to maintain that? Doesn't seem to be as easy as it looks.

littlepotter
1 hour ago, Bebe said:

Yeah it's super weird how people kind of forget, or don't even know, that Angelina Jolie was once seen as this really freaky, weird chick who was a bit unstable and made out with her brother :rip: 

These days she is like a living saint who adopts children from remote war-torn communities and is a UN representative who speaks at United Nations Security Council Meetings.

It's such a drastic transformation and it happened so fast... Like one day she was this crazy, unstable freaky fringe chick who was a 'homewrecker' and within a couple of months she was this picturesque Mother Teresa figure :laughga: 

It's amazing, I never knew and I doubt anyone I'm friends with does! Like how did she get away with shagging her brother that's beyond anything kim has ever done :toofunny:

chaeri pls

Harry

So many people instantly dismissing the points just because they don't like the Kardashians. Very typical of GGD. I agree that it is super interesting.

I'm not a fan of theirs, but Kim's status now is particularly interesting and, yes, impressive. A novel concept: you can admire the evolution/work ethic/clever execution of someone's career without being a fan of that person or their values. It's almost childish to be unable to distinguish between the two.

Archived