Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
charts

UK: Ed to block Harry from #1

Gaga Monster

Featured Posts

Gaga Monster

The One Direction star is hoping to land top spot when the Official Singles Chart is revealed on Friday. Despite Harry out- selling Ed by a huge six copies to one on physical sales, he is expected to miss his target due to poor streaming figures. For example, Ed’s Galway Girl and Shape of You were at the top of the Spotify streaming chart with 560,000 and 530,000 streams.

In comparison, Harry was down at No.14 with 276,000 streams. The result would be a blow for Harry and his label Columbia, who were hoping for a huge No.1 single to kickstart his solo career. I’m told the company would be content with a Top 5 placing but were confident of hitting top spot.

With six days of sales and streaming still to count before the chart is revealed things could still change. But insiders predict Ed’s 13-week reign at No.1 with Shape of You could face a bigger challenge from his own single Galway Girl.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/showbiz/goss/604065/ed-sheeran-shape-of-you-harry-styles-no-1-singles-chart

GGD Presidential Elections

Gaga Monster

Ed probably sabotaged Harry on Spotify purposely to block him from getting to #1:(

Talent lost:(

TeenIdle

That's why the chart system is f*cked up. To think that we could've easily had a #1 with MR if it weren't for streaming..

DeanWinchester

Streaming formula needs to be reworked honestly

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

Gaga Monster

Just stop your crying, it'll be alright
They told me that the end is near
We gotta get away from here

1Tb9KNl.gif

Harry

What a joke. I'm all for streaming and the growth of it, but the way it is reflected in charts at the moment is ridiculous and imo not indicative of true popularity. Harry's song has clearly made the bigger splash this week. The fact it's outselling Ed's song six to one and will still fall behind is truly stupid.

It's almost SO ridiculous that I don't really believe it. I think Harry still has a chance.

gagagoogoose

tenor.gif

I honestly don't understand Ed's appeal at all. Streaming is the decay of music. I get that streaming reflects on popularity but come on, shouldn't sales be top priority for the charts?

The Fame Joanne
28 minutes ago, Gaga Monster said:

Ed probably sabotaged Harry on Spotify purposely to block him from getting to #1:(

Talent lost:(

How? Does Ed own Spotify? :awkney:

OT: Talent is expected to lose

Gaga Monster
1 minute ago, The Fame Joanne said:

How? Does Ed own Spotify? :awkney:

OT: Talent is expected to lose

Yesterday, most Spotify users couldn't find Harry's new song and if they did they couldn't play it. They had to delete and redownload the app to play it. I wouldn't be surprised if Ed's team payed Spotify for 'technical difficulties' so Harry couldn't get the #1. Spotify has so much power on the charts.

Archived