1. Devil Wouldn't Recognize You

:whitney:

MaryJaneHolland

She's Not Me

tumblr_mhgds6zZaV1s0x5wto1_500.gif

Highest score: 11 - @Sam DeyĀ @EroticaĀ @Dimitris Theodorakis

Lowest score: 3 - @The Fame Joanne

Comments:

With winks to 80's funk and nods of disco, Madonna takes notes of the woman who dared desire her place in a relationship and checks off all the many reasons you went for second best, baby!Ā It's a fun cool pop song and the length doesn't hurt it. Ā - @MonsterJames333

The song is a decent track and has an amazing chorus, and the ending is pretty awesome as well. However, it sounds cheap which what really brings it down for me. I would have given it a 6/10 with all that in mind, but the song drags on for way too long without reason. Six minute songs that work for Madonna are songs like "Skin" which expresses a sense of infiniteĀ conflict, not extending certain sections of a song for the sake of doing so. - @xoxo cupcakke

This is the point my view on the album started to deteriorate. Even Britney would have found it too childish to sing! I also find it too long. I wish it had ended after Pharrellā€™s part, where it pretended to come to an end. I like the message of the show on Sticky and Sweet Tour, though. I wish there had been more images of her represented, like from the videos of ā€˜Frozenā€™, ā€˜Musicā€™, ā€˜American Lifeā€™, ā€˜Hung Upā€™, ā€˜Ray of Lightā€™, ā€˜Human Natureā€™, ā€˜Rainā€™, ā€˜Donā€™t Tell Meā€™ etc. or from ā€œEvitaā€ or ā€œWhoā€™s That Girl?ā€ - @Turuncan

What is this atrocious song doing on this album and why is it so long? It just doesn't end - @The Fame Joanne

When i first listened to the album i found this reductive. The live version made me appreciate it more. It's a sassy bop not meant to be taken seriously. It's obviously inspired by Madonna's goofy attitude. The last minutes of the track are perfection. - @KING ELIZABITCH

Another song clearly produced by Pharrell. Itā€™s like he only knows how to do this. The song is a cute bop, but drags on for too long. The change in style isnā€™t enough to keep me interested. - @Bio

xoxo cupcakke

13Ā Incredible

12Ā Spanish Lessons

11Ā Ring My Bell

10 Voices

9Ā Dance 2Night

8Ā Beat Goes On

7Ā Heartbeat

6Ā 4 Minutes

5Ā She's Not Me

Devil Wouldn't Recognize You, Give It 2 Me, Miles Away, Candy ShopĀ :gaysia:

I can see DWRY not making it into the top 3Ā :gaysia:

MaryJaneHolland

Candy Shop

tumblr_mugyfuiBwD1rrutvoo1_250.gif

Highest score: 11 - @KING ELIZABITCH

Lowest score: 7 - @bionicĀ @TuruncanĀ @The Fame JoanneĀ @GagaInTheZone

Comments:

The album opener is not a great song but is also not bad at all. I remember when I first heard it when it came out and it was like we were entering a whole new universe after Confessions. It puts you in the mood of the album right away. - @Bio

Skittering R&B hypnosis. This is the definition of this club banger. The sex/food metaphors, the kinda spoken lines and the minimal production of The Neptunes offer what was originally the lead single of the album. It's oddly addictive and my favourite track. MY SUGAR IS RAW. - @KING ELIZABITCH

It's one of the most poppy song's on the album. Great album opener with one of the most poppy tracks. Ā It's too bad this is one of Madonna's least fave albums. - @KingOfTheClouds

Nice song, and an obvious favorite of Madonnaā€™s, considering she has performed it in every tour since it was released, but does not live up to the hype created prior to the album release. Not sure if itā€™s fit for a comeback album opener, either. - @Turuncan

Probably my favorite track off the album. It's not as overproduced as the rest of the album and expresses the theme of sticky and sweet, which the album should maybe have been called and focused more on that theme of candy and sweets before Katy would use it,Ā it talks about so well. Very sensuous yet not overtly sexual. Honestly, this could have worked better as an album track because as an opener, you are left with high expectations for the rest of the album. - @xoxo cupcakke

The first time I heard the line "my sugar is raw", both hands went in the air and I never stopped smiling. šŸ˜› Ā  Candy Shop is just silly fun Madonna that really finds it's life LIVE! - @MonsterJames333

A bop, the only part I don't really like is the bridge - @Antonio

Just now, KingOfTheClouds said:

My prediction:

4. Gve It 2 Me

3. Devil Wont Recognize You

2. Candy Shop

1. Miles Away

Was wrong lolĀ 

Archived