❤︎ OUT NOW! ❤︎
other

Kesha - Animal + Cannibal || Megarate Ceremony

juju

Featured Posts

Gia Gunn
Just now, KingOfTheClouds said:

I need to save some likes for Hard Candy later today :gaycat:

OMG what if I'm out of likes but I don't realise cause I'm not giving any :air: That ceremony will be great as well, #flopme for not saving them :madge: 

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply
juju

[#02] We R Who We R
[Score] 8.98

[Highs] @KingOfSpain - 11
[Lows] @huttont - 7

[My remarks]
We have our runner-up! This particular song set off Kesha's direction into a more self-aware and authentic direction; she was identifying herself with her own fans. Whereas before it seemed purely metaphorical, it was in this moment that she was truly 'one' with them. An amazing banger, truly a classic at this point in time. My rating = 9.5.

[Commentary]
@IndieKylie - 10
This infectious ‘love yourself’ anthem came in the midst of many, but it stands out as one of the strongest. An incredible chorus bookending Kesha’s own way of saying ‘love yourself’.

@Pablo - 9
The production of this song is a little dated now but it sounded really fresh for me when it was a single. It's still a good song.

@xoxo cupcakke - 8
Kesha Rose, ha Bad Romance.

@TeenIdle - 8
Didn't like it that much back then but it aged kinda well.

:heart: :heart: And the winner of the Animal + Cannibal Megarate... :heart::heart: 

[#01] Tik Tok
[Score] 9.28

[Highs] @Pablo - 11
[Lows] @xoxo cupcakke - 7

[My remarks]
You might all have a foggy memory, but let me re-jog it - nothing, and I mean nothing, sounded quite like Tik Tok when it hit the scene in the summer of 2009 as a demo titled simply "$". It was that pop evolution from Just Dance that really set off the trend of electropop on the charts for the next two/three years. It's insane thinking about it now, with how much music has evolved, but this much is certain - there is a reason Tik Tok is #1 here on GagaDaily, and there's a reason it's one of the best selling singles of the new millennium. A worthy winner of the crown. My rating = 10.

[Commentary]
@Pablo - 11
This song changed pop forever! Iconic lyrics that everyone quotes all the time "wake up in the morning feeling like p diddy" "brush my teeth with a bottle of jack." Who wouldn't get up and dance to this?

@KingOfTheClouds - 10
(The better version of California Gurls :laughga:  )

@Gia Gunn - 9.25
The song we all like but secretly or not-so-secretly hate because it robbed Bad Romance out of its #1 :poot:  How can people not expect us to meltdown when our fave's peak single didn't reach #1 :poot:  #MusicAndTheBling #LittleChartflopster 

@IndieKylie - 9
A near perfect pop-song. The iconic yodeling. It’s not my favorite of hers, but I cannot deny it is her most iconic track. It is a song the defined periods of people’s lives, whether they liked the song or not. The song did not receive the proper credit it deserved, lyrically. Yea, it’s a party-song, but per usual for Kesha, the lyrics are so sharp, smart, and satirical.

@TeenIdle - 9
ICONIC (But not as iconic as Bad Romance, which should've been #1).

@kvnrp - 9
Still pressed that it blocked Bad Romance, but not mad about it. It deserved a good spot. ‚The party won‘t start till I walk in‘ is such a iconic lyric tbh.

@xoxo cupcakke - 7
Never got the hype behind TiK ToK. It was a decent song but for it to have kept Bad Romance from hitting number 1 says a lot about GP taste.

❤ x ❤

Gia Gunn

Mess at most comments mentioning Bad Romance and still winning :poot: 

juju

The countdown!

#24 Dirty Picture Pt 2 - 6.37
#23 Kiss n Tell - 6.83
#22 Stephen - 6.92
#21 Grow a Pear - 7.12

#20 Hungover - 7.36
#19 Blah Blah Blah - 7.41
#18 C U Next Tuesday - 7.44
#17 Party at a Rich Dude's House - 7.54
#16 Boots and Boys - 7.64

#15 VIP - 7.73
#14 Backstabber - 7.75
#13 Dinosaur - 7.82
#12 Animal - 7.89
#11 Crazy Beautiful Life - 8.00

#10 Blind - 8.05
#09 Sleazy - 8.11
#08 Dancing With Tears in My Eyes - 8.24
#07 The Harold Song - 8.28
#06 Take It Off - 8.62

#05 Cannibal - 8.67
#04 Your Love is My Drug - 8.70
#03 Blow - 8.95
#02 We R Who We R - 8.98

The Winner  
#01 Tik Tok - 9.28

❤ x ❤

juju
Just now, Gia Gunn said:

TALENT LOST :madge: 

you gave it a 9.25 :gaysia: 

❤ x ❤

YeehawKylie

Honestly, glad Tik Tok won. It was more iconic and revolutionary at the time and does what it does perfectly. I should've given it a ten but I ranked it right after the superior song and single YLIMD so it didn't feel right. I can live with this...but I still think it should've been the battle of the title tracks for the Top spot and not battle of the lead singles...

Gia Gunn
Just now, jujubae said:

you gave it a 9.25 :gaysia: 

I gave other 4 songs the same or a better score tho :gaycat: 

kvnrp

Thank you @jujubae for hosting this great, yet messy, ceremony :hug:

Shameless promo incoming:

And now that we're done with Keshas first album, be sure to follow that right up with her second -

Warrior

RAMROD

Lost for words lmao :madge:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ 𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚍𝚘𝚠 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚒-𝚒-𝚒-𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝...! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

juju

Thank you Animals for spreading the love of Kesha on this dismal forum, it was a real pleasure experiencing her art again with renewed interest. :heart: Keep her close to your hearts, and even if your favorites didn't win, they're ALL winners here.

See y'all at my next Megarate, which will be announced soon...

tumblr_mkg96hpfoI1qfco0so1_500.gif

❤ x ❤

Archived