Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

Chainsmokers - Memories.. Do Not Open Album Discussion Thread

Dawson

Featured Posts

YeehawKylie
Just now, Antichrist said:

you can also be a ****ing kind person for once and not post 50 times in a thread about someone you clearly despise. if you don't like them, and don't intend to listen to their album, this clearly isn't the place for you.

+let's not with the 'opinions of others first', that's just dumb. if someone else has to validate something for you to listen to it, that pretty much sums it all up.

Ah, a personal attack. Why am I not surprised? I can engage in a discussion in a thread if I want. I came to see what people's opinions were and stated that I might listen if it is reminiscent of work of theirs I like, such as Roses and Don't Let Me Down. Bolding that part, as you, for some reason, are painting me out as a 'hater'. I don't despise them, I just don't care for their newer work. 

This thread then turned into who can and cannot have opinions. And yes, sometimes I like to read reviews for things like music, film, and the likes before I waste my time watching or listening them. It's not dumb, plenty of people do it and there is an industry made of it. So why don't you take your bitter self and go after someone else on this thread, cause I didn't say anything remotely bad about your precious Chainsmokers. 

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
gagagoogoose

I shall wait for their Metacritic score. Hope they get dragged to the pits of hell among critics.

If it is higher than Joanne, I will be doing what Jessica Lange did in this gif.

AHS-Basically-You-Afraid-Dark-Adults.gif

MJHolland
2 minutes ago, IndieKylie said:

All I've seen is people in this thread say The Chainsmokers essentially churn out their music for the masses, which their manager admitted, and is therefor mediocre. That the beats are recycled and vocals weak. All valid arguments. 

Yet, here we have people bringing up strawman arguments of "you all are just jealous" or "if they praised Gaga you'd all like here." No, God-forbid we listen to music and form our own opinions and criticism about it. This sh*t happens in almost any opinion-related thread on this site. 

Dude just leave the thread lmao? Like why'd you come in here if you were just going to drag this group? It's just pop music...

Some people enjoy their music and you don't have to make them feel like they have sh*tty taste.

4 minutes ago, Antichrist said:

you can also be a ****ing kind person for once and not post 50 times in a thread about someone you clearly despise. if you don't like them, and don't intend to listen to their album, this clearly isn't the place for you.

+let's not with the 'opinions of others first', that's just dumb. if someone else has to validate something for you to listen to it, that pretty much sums it all up.

Omg this gave me life haha

I actually like some of their new songs. They're catchy as hell. Idk why people feel the need to make others feel bad about their taste in music?

Does their album officially get released world wide soon? 

YeehawKylie
2 minutes ago, MJHolland said:
Why would you click on this thread? Like I'm genuinely curious. 

To see what people think of the album. :nails:

I've already stated I liked two of their early songs and to let me know if the album is reminiscent of them. Me stating that their career overall has produced 'meh' music does not mean I don't like them. I can name a few artists who I perceived as 'meh' and changed my opinion later. 

Thx, bye. 

YeehawKylie
4 minutes ago, MJHolland said:

Dude just leave the thread lmao? Like why'd you come in here if you were just going to drag this group? It's just pop music...

Some people enjoy their music and you don't have to make them feel like they have sh*tty taste.

Bolding what I haven't done. Getting really tired of people saying I'm tearing down their music.  I said their recent releases were meh and not once did I shame people for listening to them. 

I'm still in this thread because people like you and Antichrist have continually claimed I said or did things that I did not in an effort to invalidate me, or anyone else for that matter, that hasn't come in here to praise the album. If you guys stick to the facts and what I type (which is easy, you can quote it) then I'll drop it cause I haven't said anything remotely offensive, mean, or wrong. 

But yet, here I am being called names. :nails:

Is it the same reductive EDM they've been putting out or something fresh? Not wasting my time with it otherwise tbh 

...ıllıllı c h e r r y c h e r r y b o o m b o o m ıllıllı...

YeehawKylie
Just now, Ruth Hogben said:

Is it the same reductive EDM they've been putting out or something fresh? Not wasting my time with it otherwise tbh 

Watch out, you're not allowed to wonder what others think of the album or else you're a sh*t stirrer and meanie tearing down people's taste in music. 

GABEL

their songs are catchy but Drew can't sing at all........

Spoiler

and I know they will be irrelevant in 3~4 years so don't even bother to hate them

16 minutes ago, IndieKylie said:

Watch out, you're not allowed to wonder what others think of the album or else you're a sh*t stirrer and meanie tearing down people's taste in music. 

Ah, sounds like the chainsmokers themselves :sharon:

EDIT: I just read this thread and you all are beyond ridiculous. If you can the knockoff Frozen movie 'Ice Queen' from the original, you can also tell well constructed music from generic reused beats and tired lyrics. 

From what I've gathered, nobody has managed to deny that this is still the mass-produced bullshit they're putting out.

Seriously, grow up everyone. There is music with creative intent and music with charting intent. This is just a fact just like any other art form and many people don't want to waste their time with people trying to pander to them for plays. 

You've managed to ensure I never hear this album :golfclap:

...ıllıllı c h e r r y c h e r r y b o o m b o o m ıllıllı...

MJHolland

Jesus Christ lol stop the drama and start the music.

Some of it is good!

Cuchulainn

Hope this album is good. 

I wish Roses was their biggest song. It's so much better than Closer.

YeehawKylie
20 minutes ago, MJHolland said:

Jesus Christ lol stop the drama and start the music.

Some of it is good!

Quite rich that the person instigating most of the drama on this thread all of the sudden wants it to stop. I appreciate you liking my posts in response to you, but an apology for putting words in my mouth that others said, not me, and cheering on someone who said I was not "f*cking kind" and further misrepresented what I said in this thread would be nice. 

Then maybe we can enjoy the music. You don't get to attack someone personally for asking a question and expressing an opinion then drop it when you realize you were mistaken. 

MonsterPaws

Oooooh I'll listen to it later.

I've only ever heard singles because they're the only one that come to my attention :poot:

Archived