Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Worried About Resellers

Gaga Monster

Featured Posts

PartySick

I just checked my date and certain seats that were selling for 200-300 bucks are now over a thousand. That's just scummy.

đź–¤

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nattuggla
37 minutes ago, Ryusei said:

the sad thing is that the labels probably don't care because cash is cash but the fans dont get to see their fave artists live and the artists must feel bad seeing a half-empty venue despite it being "sold out" also the bad press you get because the press doesnt know/get that resellers are an issue :giveup: 

But doesn't every big artist encounter this kind of problem?

Edonis
3 minutes ago, nattuggla said:

Yes. Beyoncé had the same exact issue on her tour. Any act that's hyped up is expected to encounter really bad ticket scalpers. I believe tickets dropped over time though. We all just have to wait and see. 

The Fame Joanne
2 minutes ago, Edonis said:

Yes. Beyoncé had the same exact issue on her tour. Any act that's hyped up is expected to encounter really bad ticket scalpers. I believe tickets dropped over time though. We all just have to wait and see. 

But I thought Gaga is a flop now, so why would scalpers target her? :poot:

DeleteMyAccount
25 minutes ago, PartySick said:

Tbh. They shouldn't allow people to buy and resell tickets. If you intended on going but for some reason you can't, there should be a way to have your money refunded and ticket voided. Then those seats (or GA space, idk) go up for retail price again for someone else to buy.

Once again, things are ruined by jerks trying to make an easy buck :smh:

Reveal hidden contents

But let me stop being cynical.

It's a shame that all those seats could've been filled with actual fans.

But the tickets sellers such as Ticketmaster make big bucks off of them. That's why they aren't going to do anything.

Most fans who want to see Gaga will be going. And most fans probably bought tickets already. I think it's more of the issue of Gaga not meeting the demands, especially with the stadium dates. Tickets, even though might be nosebleeds, are selling for as low $60 on some dates. People will go and buy the tickets if they want no matter the price. They do it for every artist. Gaga's case is no different. 

Again, the tour doesn't start for another 4 months. A lot of people will buy tickets by then. And prices will for sure go down. The NYC date sold half of it's 6000+ resale tickets within the first week of them being released when I checked. The rest of the GP are probably just out of loop right now and will buy most of the rest of the tickets as soon as more promo kicks up.

We've seen these threads so many times and it's important to relax and wait. 

Edonis
7 minutes ago, The Fame Joanne said:

But I thought Gaga is a flop now, so why would scalpers target her? :poot:

:poot:

DeanWinchester
1 hour ago, Ryusei said:

the artists must feel bad seeing a half-empty venue despite it being "sold out" also the bad press you get because the press doesnt know/get that resellers are an issue :giveup: 

this

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

JustAnotherDay

most of the reseller tickets will be sold within a month of the tour stop. 

was NickARTPOP

Ryusei
30 minutes ago, nattuggla said:

I guess, but it shouldn't be normal and most people don't know that resellers are an issue

Musery

nattuggla
Just now, Ryusei said:

I guess, but it shouldn't be normal and most people don't know that resellers are an issue

Yes I know, this is unfortunate. But I think it is not that easy to do something against it. That's really a pity.

Boyboi12
1 hour ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

I dont really get it, people are buying the tickets but they are not going to attend the show? I'm very silly 

They're making money! 

venusfly

If the tickets sell really badly (because they're too expensive, there's little demand, etc) then the ticket prices on the resellers will come right down to face value or even below so that they can get rid of them all. The resellers dont just buy them all up to hoard them, they make sure all of them get sold. That Rihanna picture was before the show started and anyone whos been to a concert knows the arena is usually mostly empty until like 10 mins before the main act comes on stage.

Ronk
3 hours ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

Oh I get it now sorry hahah It's sad if monsters can't attend to the show once its ''sold out'' 

They can, if they are willing to pay the resale price.  Often those prices come down if the seats are still unsold.

I live outside the space time continuum.

Ronk
1 hour ago, LG said:

If the tickets sell really badly (because they're too expensive, there's little demand, etc) then the ticket prices on the resellers will come right down to face value or even below so that they can get rid of them all. The resellers dont just buy them all up to hoard them, they make sure all of them get sold. That Rihanna picture was before the show started and anyone whos been to a concert knows the arena is usually mostly empty until like 10 mins before the main act comes on stage.

Exactly.  For artRAVE, during the pre-shows I was out in the hall talking with people I met ... it was so much fun.  The arena was mostly empty until Gaga was about to take the stage.  Then it was totally full.

I live outside the space time continuum.

Archived