You don't own my life but
    Do what u want (with my body)
    Do what u want (with my body)

Girl do what u want is not about sex it only sounds like that

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
merlot

it's a terrible song + the video is just as bad + she didn't promot it (i think)

StrawberryBlond

I too, thought it would benefit from being a follow-up to Side To Side, but apparently not. I don't understand why, it's the same sound, the same storyline and features a rapper, so there's not much difference. But the album has been out for a year now, so interest in it will have naturally died down, so maybe it's just time to call it a day on its promotion. Sometimes, a super generic song just doesn't do well, there's not much else to say. Though, as time wore on, I stopped liking the song to the extent I originally did. There really isn't that many lyrics in it, the verses only consist of 2 lines and the chorus is basically one word repeated ad nauseum. Maybe it was a bit too repetative even for the DJ loving GP? But that video was also a major mark against it, let's not mess about. It hasn't had the avalanche of dislikes that I thought it would but the like/dislike ratio could have been better even so. With a video like that, people are perhaps less likely to take it seriously.

weed

Sometimes should've been the next single :diane:

one of the best songs on the album

Boyboi12
1 hour ago, kvnrp said:

Pop music is dead.

Long live floppy DJs

Sadly I agree with this statement, unless you're a rapper doing  trap music! You're just not going to sell

RonnieGagz
1 hour ago, Baepsae said:

The song gets SOOOOO BORING (imo) really quickly. There's nothing special about it  but then again there's nothing special about those reductive DJ produced tracks that are trendy right now so what do I know :madge:

And Ariana singing about getting f**ked? Groundbreaking :awkney: It's such a waste because she's an AMAZING singer

Your misogyny is showing

♡Gaga♡TØP♡Nightwish♡Lana♡Lorde♡Grimes♡

Baepsae
2 minutes ago, RonnieGagz said:

Your misogyny is showing

Why? Because I don't like songs about sex? :sure:

RonnieGagz
1 minute ago, Baepsae said:

Why? Because I don't like songs about sex? :sure:

Yes :sure:

Baepsae
1 minute ago, RonnieGagz said:

Yes :sure:

You're assuming that I don't like a song about sex because a female is singing it. But honestly I'm not a big fan of that kind of songs period. No matter if it's a female or male singer. But why would you ask before you say such thing, right? :madge:

RonnieGagz
Just now, Baepsae said:

No matter if it's a female or male singer.

Your misandry is showing :trollga:

alejandreaux

there's nothing that really stands out about the song (even though its "ok") and the video is just beyond tacky and weird... 

Jewels n Drugs

It deserves to smash what is wrong with y'all 

oh look when you werent looking my motorcycle turned into a piano

stir the pot

It's not single material. Plus, BE ALRIGHT is better, it should have been the 4th single.

Gaga Monster

I thought it was a terrible song. I know I may sound old saying this, but I thought it was pretty disgusting for her to push a song to Pop radio where kids listen to her glorifying doing it everyday. 

GGD Presidential Elections

Archived