💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

Trouble by Natalia Kills turns 6

MaryJaneHolland

Featured Posts

MaryJaneHolland

Natalia Kills' debut studio album, Perfectionist, was released 6 years ago in Austria, France, Germany and Switzerland. Later through the year it was released all over the world.

NK_Perfectionist.png

The lead single, Mirrors, faceda mediocre success in Europe selling around 750.000 copies, reaching top 10 in Austria, Germany and Poland, while it peaked on #3 on the US Dance Club Charts. Wonderland and Free also got mediocre success in Europe.

The album's executive producers were was will.i.am and Martin Kierszenbaum. All of the songs were written by Natalia herself and co-written by the producers. 

The album was a commercially not successful, failing to enter the top 100 on the album charts in the US and the UK. 

This is a perfect album for everyone who loves the casual synth-pop genre that was dominating in the late 2010s, it also consists elements of rock as well, while Kills described it as 'revenge pop'.

Natalia Kills also released ten short episodes of Love, Kills xx in order to promote the then upcoming album.

I find it interesting how she repeats 4 words during songs such as Mirrors, Superficial and Nothing Lasts Forever.

Music video from the era:

Spoiler

Other videos:

Spoiler

Happy Birthday to this flawless debut album :applause: 

tumblr_m5ok56pzcH1qgslaao1_500.gif

Emigrante

Well I would wonder if 750k copies is mediocre success. For me it's more than "okay".

Queen of my 2014 summer

Great album but I don't know, since her fiasco at X Factor I can't listen to her music anymore.

Sugar, spice, and everything nice.

GhettoFabulous

You forgot about the best song on the album  zombie sis :madge:

But slay yasss :tony:

MaryJaneHolland
Just now, GhettoFabulous said:

You forgot about the best song on the album  zombie sis :madge:

But slay yasss :tony:

ong flop :madge:

gagzus

Loved it, although I loved Trouble more. Perfectionist peaked my interest and then Trouble just solidified it. 

It's shame she got so many Gaga comparisons, also Mirrors got radio airplay and was a minor hit here in the UK I still remember it to this day

• Bebe changed the title to Trouble by Natalia Kills turns 6
yes and

The album is great and it's kinda weird because it floped - it has mainstream sound of 10's, though most probably it's label fault :emma:

Natalia-Kills-gifs-natalia-kills-2734377

Did you think I'd show up in a limousine? No

imnotyourbabe10

Ah, great memories.  I'm getting old, though! haha! 

Thanks for keeping her music "in the now"

Archived