💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Why This Isn't UK's Eurovision Song ?

Kanyeee West

Featured Posts

The Fame Joanne
3 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

It's a very good question to consider. We could still participate but we might have to compete in the semi-final to get there. We really would have no reason to keep pouring so much money into the contest if we're no longer part of the EU. And if we have to compete in the semis from here on out, it might mean we don't get into the finals for a long, long time because Europe will be hating us for the next few years, indefinitely.

Yes, Germany has never done all that well at Eurovision, apart from Lena, of course. Some people think it was fixed so she could win that year as well, just like other entries have been accused of the same thing. I've noticed that the countries that used to be big superpowers of Europe and the world (UK, France, Germany) tend not to do well at Eurovision, historically and current. I partly think it's the rest of Europe getting them back for the previous world wars. In contrast, the opposite of this is given as the biggest reason why Ireland has always done well - they've never caused trouble, so everybody likes them. The rest of Europe have hated us since the Iraq war, you'll notice that after that date, our points went down dramatically and with the exception of an Andrew Lloyd Webber cameo, they've never got remotely good again. Which is so unfair as it was hardly our decision to go to war, most of us didn't want it, it was our leader who decided. So Europe punished us with lack of points based on the choices made by one man. Yet, they'll happily band together in the Eastern Block to get all their neighbours songs to do well for no reason other than they're neighbours. Meanwhile, the UK's lucky if their neighbours, Ireland, throw them a pity point or two.

I don't think the EBU has anything to do with the EU so I don't think you will have to go through the semi final

Lena actually still did pretty good the second year she was in Eurovision. But two years later it started to go dramatically worse. And while I think it is true that the countries in the east tend to give more points to their neighbours than western countries (which is frustrating sometimes), I still think that we could do better with high-quality acts

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
guccic0och
1 hour ago, The Fame Joanne said:

Because not every country sends their best acts to Eurovision

For example did my country choose this crappy song, although we have definitely better to offer :neyde:

No German act can beat the queen which is Lena

tHeRe cAn bE oNe hUnDrEd pEoPlE iN a rOoM

The Fame Joanne
6 minutes ago, Taka said:

is ESC popular in Germany ? 

Yes it is, but I think it was more popular when we actually had a chance of not finishing at the last place :neyde:

Kanyeee West
1 minute ago, Antonio said:

not really? She was thinner in ROL era I think but that has nothing to do with that, I guess it was just the spirit of the era, COADF is a dance album after all

The COADF era was so Gay , Pink Purple colours with huge amount of glitters and sparkles and that Gay electronic tinder music with Madonna's sexy Gay loving bodysuit. :giveup:

Killa
1 hour ago, The Fame Joanne said:

For example did my country choose this crappy song, although we have definitely better to offer :neyde:

RIP Germany what the actual...

Anyway the land of Wagner, Beethoven, Bach etc would be shook by how their land has fallen

The Fame Joanne
17 minutes ago, Killa said:

RIP Germany what the actual...

Anyway the land of Wagner, Beethoven, Bach etc would be shook by how their land has fallen

We should resurrect those three and send them as a boyband :diane: 

Katharine Hepburn
3 hours ago, The Fame Joanne said:

Bring back Lena :grr: Traffic Lights was a BOP

xoxo Joanne

StrawberryBlond
19 hours ago, Taka said:

This is really weird to read , I didn't knew Europe hated on UK because Iraq's war ! 

It was considered the reason why we did so bad. 2002 was the last year that we did really well. 2003 was when the notorious Jemini act got nil points with Cry Baby and the whole of Europe was laughing at us for sending such an awful act. Yes, the song was bad and the performance was off-key but let's be real, the contest has supported some real s**t over the years, so I don't think that's much of an excuse. Even our commentator said we were suffering from "post-Iraq backlash" with that one. After that, our points didn't get much better. Andrew Lloyd Webber and Diane Warren wrote It's My Time for the contest in 2009 and Andrew performed piano on the stage and we voted a really good singer to represent us and it resulted in us getting fifth place with 173 points. But it was likely because who was responsible for writing it and because we actually promoted the song in Europe, so the audience had built up a relationship with it. But nowadays, our songs are written by nobodies and aren't promoted, so we stand even less of a chance. Factor in our dislike by the rest of Europe and we really don't stand a chance. A lot of Europe don't like us for not switching to the euro, trying to be "be like America" and holidaying in their countries without learning the language (even though we pull millions into their tourist trade).

We've sent so many different kinds of acts since 2003. Urban acts, country acts, rap acts, novelty acts...tropical beats, Baltic beats, pop beats, ballads, comedy songs...good singers, bad singers...nothing works. We tried to be weird and wacky, in line with the Eurovision crowd and it didn't work. We tried to be serious and it didn't work. So, we're not really bothered about what we send now. We could send Adele and we still wouldn't be able to win.

19 hours ago, The Fame Joanne said:

I don't think the EBU has anything to do with the EU so I don't think you will have to go through the semi final

Lena actually still did pretty good the second year she was in Eurovision. But two years later it started to go dramatically worse. And while I think it is true that the countries in the east tend to give more points to their neighbours than western countries (which is frustrating sometimes), I still think that we could do better with high-quality acts

I just don't know if there's any point in putting so much money into Eurovision if we're no longer part of the EU, though. Without all the money that we put in, we'll have to go through the semi-final like everyone else.

Eurovision operates on different rules to the actual charts, though, most of the time. The kind of songs that win are not the songs that are ruling the charts. I really liked Ukraine's entry last year but let's face it, a song like that was not made for the charts. Lately, the contest hasn't been as wacky as it used to be, it's the most normal its ever been. I think some of the acts genuinely want careers out of this now and take it a lot more seriously because they want to actually chart. But it still isn't helping them much. Every year, we're told "If you just sent a good act..." but Eurovision doesn't work like that! This is a contest where silly novelty or bland mediocrity can win!

I quite like our UK entry this year, this girl used to be one of my favourite X Factor contestants, she's got a great voice and I daresay that the lyrics of this song is basically saying: "Sorry for Brexit, we still love you, Europe."

DaveGaga

I would like to see louisa perform at the ESC!

but i think the Netherlands have the best act this year!

Archived