Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
other

Why This Isn't UK's Eurovision Song ?

Kanyeee West

Featured Posts

Kanyeee West

I dunno who she is , but this song screams I was made to be in top 3 in Eurovision, Feels so good ,:giveup:

It has that East European vibe that I love so much. :giveup:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Fame Joanne

Because not every country sends their best acts to Eurovision

For example did my country choose this crappy song, although we have definitely better to offer :neyde:

StrawberryBlond

This is hardly a European sound, it's totally springboarding off the tropical house trend. And it isn't the Eurovision entry because Louisa is actually trying to have a career and being on that show really dampens your chances, unless you're Abba. Our UK entry was decided using past constestants from reality singing shows, ironically enough. I think they're the only ones who want to do it as the UK is going to get hammered at this year's Eurovision because of Brexit. Nobody wants their name damaged with a potential nil points, so the duty's put on those who are desperate to get noticed at all in the industry, even if it's not a career.

Gardevoir
20 minutes ago, The Fame Joanne said:

For example did my country choose this crappy song, although we have definitely better to offer :neyde:

is this a joke? I mean it screams Sia - Titannium, and I'm not even kidding. And I swear many, MANY eurovision's songs sound like popular hits. I don't know what's happening and if this is on purpose or what. 

Sugar, spice, and everything nice.

Sky del Blue
23 minutes ago, The Fame Joanne said:

The beginning of this song is the same as the Titanium

The Fame Joanne
1 minute ago, Emigrante said:

is this a joke? I mean it screams Sia - Titannium, and I'm not even kidding. And I swear many, MANY eurovision's songs sound like popular hits. I don't know what's happening and if this is on purpose or what. 

Yeah the intro is stolen from Titanium and the rest of the song is just very bad :toofunny:

kvnrp
28 minutes ago, The Fame Joanne said:

Remember 2010 - 2012, when we actually cared about Eurovision :madge:

The Fame Joanne
23 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

This is hardly a European sound, it's totally springboarding off the tropical house trend. And it isn't the Eurovision entry because Louisa is actually trying to have a career and being on that show really dampens your chances, unless you're Abba. Our UK entry was decided using past constestants from reality singing shows, ironically enough. I think they're the only ones who want to do it as the UK is going to get hammered at this year's Eurovision because of Brexit. Nobody wants their name damaged with a potential nil points, so the duty's put on those who are desperate to get noticed at all in the industry, even if it's not a career.

Well I think if you win, you are very likely to have a big career in your home country. Lena for eample won in 2010 and is still huge here in Germany

Lena-Meyer-Landrut-06_gallery_image.jpg

maybe you remember this beauty queen :lolly:

The Fame Joanne
1 minute ago, kvnrp said:

Remember 2010 - 2012, when we actually cared about Eurovision :madge:

Yes the good tims when we had those two participating for us :giveup:

lena-meyer-landrut-wuenscht-roman-lob-vi

1st in 2010; 10th in 2011; 8th in 2012 :firega:

kvnrp
2 minutes ago, The Fame Joanne said:

Yes the good tims when we had those two participating for us :giveup:

lena-meyer-landrut-wuenscht-roman-lob-vi

1st in 2010; 10th in 2011; 8th in 2012 :firega:

Not only those two, but we actually hosted a good show to find them :emma:

Now all we got is, NDR asks the labels and we have to decide the least cringy one.

I read somewhere that they want to make a show similar to Melodifestivalen, let's see how that turns out :lana:

StrawberryBlond
3 minutes ago, The Fame Joanne said:

Well I think if you win, you are very likely to have a big career in your home country. Lena for eample won in 2010 and is still huge here in Germany

Lena-Meyer-Landrut-06_gallery_image.jpg

maybe you remember this beauty queen :lolly:

Yes, in your home country. That's usually only if it's a country that doesn't have a major presence in the world charts, however. But from a UK perspective, no one's become big in our country from Eurovision since Buck's Fizz in 1981. Most of us consider the contest to be so uncool and many of us wonder why we take part in it every year and put so much money towards it to ensure we get into the final because nobody likes or respects us, as seen in the voting.

Antonio
1 hour ago, The Fame Joanne said:

well your country won last year with an amazing banger :neyde: last time my country won was 1998 :neyde: 

𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞

The Fame Joanne
Just now, Antonio said:

well your country won last year with an amazing banger :neyde: last time my country won was 1998 :neyde: 

What even? My country finished at the last place in the last two years and got 0 (!) points in 2015 despite a great performance by the girl who participated fot us 

Archived