Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
achievement

Gaga currently the 25th most viewed singer at YouTube during 2016

Red Velvet

Featured Posts

blackpink

Wow I didn't know this was going to trigger so many pressedT stans that are mad that she isn't the biggest pop star in the world like she was before :rip: 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lassex

The Weeknd only 39th? :sharon: MESS! What astonishes me the most is the success of these random (male) Latino singers who sound exactly the same :emma: And tbh I didn't expect Gaga to be this high on the list, this is definetely a positive surprise

KateBush
43 minutes ago, DeanWinchester said:

Madonna had decades of undeniable chart success and accolades before youtube was a thing. Gaga debuted in the digital age and is currently in the streaming age. What kind of comparison

enough-internet-Dean-Winchester-supernat

True, my point being the pop charts are very, very fickle and so are YouTube views. Just look at some of the stuff that goes viral via YouTube. All I'm saying is, is that chart performance and YouTube views are not relevant to her becoming a legend or not. Better example, look at Kate Bush, she's never been much of a commercial success outside of the U.K. And yet she's praised as a legend. 

Music not the bling.

I still dream of Organon

The Fame Joanne
3 minutes ago, KateBush said:

True, my point being the pop charts are very, very fickle and so are YouTube views. Just look at some of the stuff that goes viral via YouTube. All I'm saying is, is that chart performance and YouTube views are not relevant to her becoming a legend or not. Better example, look at Kate Bush, she's never been much of a commercial success outside of the U.K. And yet she's praised as a legend

Music not the bling.

No :awkney:

Pacify Him

Isn't YouTube full of bots giving videos view count?

giphy.gif

Irrelevant contest 

I’m getting on your nerves

Edonis
1 hour ago, KateBush said:

True, my point being the pop charts are very, very fickle and so are YouTube views. Just look at some of the stuff that goes viral via YouTube. All I'm saying is, is that chart performance and YouTube views are not relevant to her becoming a legend or not. Better example, look at Kate Bush, she's never been much of a commercial success outside of the U.K. And yet she's praised as a legend. 

Music not the bling.

If it were music not the bling we'd have more ARTPOP videos (for the fans) and we'd move onto single 3 by now. Let's not pretend that Gaga doesn't need/care for the bling. 

Anyways. I actually thought it would be worse, so I guess this is a surprise. It's sad how 6 years can change a career completely :madge:

1 hour ago, KateBush said:

Music not the bling.

Kate Bush has always been known as an alternative artist. Lady Gaga is a very pop, very mainstream act and chart performance is the main thing when it comes to pop music wether people like to admit it or not. Your comparissons in this topic are making no sense to me :saladga:

KateBush
1 minute ago, Bio said:

Kate Bush has always been known as an alternative artist. Lady Gaga is a very pop, very mainstream act and chart performance is the main thing when it comes to pop music wether people like to admit it or not. Your comparissons in this topic are making no sense to me :saladga:

So you consider someone with huge chart success a legend?

I still dream of Organon

Just now, KateBush said:

So you consider someone with huge chart success a legend?

Chart success over a big period of time + unique point of view that impacts society + artistry and talent = legend

KateBush
Just now, Bio said:

Chart success over a big period of time + unique point of view that impacts society + artistry and talent = legend

True for the most part - but name a legend who has had consistent chart success for the majority of their career.

I still dream of Organon

4 hours ago, littlepotter said:

I didn't expect there'd be so many pressed people here today

Same!

OT: Slé :diane:

Madonna, Michael, Cher, Bowie, Freddie Mercury, even Elvis. Of course success fades over time, but Gaga had like 3 years of huge success. That's not enough.

Archived