💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
interview

Father John Misty says he has no interest working with "pop stars"

monketsharona

Featured Posts

The whole Come To Mama thing seems shady to me. He basically wrote the whole song while she changed a few words and put a saxophone or whatever. Makes me think Sinner's Prayer might be his song too.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply
truthteller
4 minutes ago, Bio said:

The whole Come To Mama thing seems shady to me. He basically wrote the whole song while she changed a few words and put a saxophone or whatever. Makes me think Sinner's Prayer might be his song too.

you guys really love to make everything a shade / drag / expose lol :awkney:

he literally said "congrats to the release of Joanne" when it happened (but no one wants to take it literally i guess, and now he mentioned prisoners crying for help in one interview, people suddenly took it so LITERALLLY and called the dibs like WTF?!)

if i remember correctly, it took quite a lot of recording sessions for them to do the songs

if she doesnt write the majority of it, she will say it like TIHTY and Perfect Illusion

takemetovenus

Did any of you actually read the article lmfao :air: He doesn't hate pop music and isn't putting Gaga down 

truthteller
30 minutes ago, CanadaGoesGaga said:

If you read what he said, he was stating that he would never seek out a pop star to work with, as he hates the pop industry... but they came to him so he worked with them. 

3 minutes ago, takemetovenus said:

Did any of you actually read the article lmfao :air: He doesn't hate pop music and isn't putting Gaga down 

i believe that only a few people here actually read the whole thing due to the well-made title lol

it's always easier to either hate or love a thing. there's no in-between :awkney:

takemetovenus
Just now, truthteller said:

i believe that only a few people here actually read the whole thing due to the well-made title lol

it's always easier to either hate or love a thing. there's no in-between :awkney:

Honestly though! Tired of these GGD girls reading only the titles of threads and posting blindly hateful replies without really knowing anything :air: messsss

GagaXCupcakke

Does he know anything about Gaga?  Gaga doesn't usually work with the basic industry people like Dr. Luke or Sia.

She usually works with unusual new people like Redone or DJ Shadows.  

sipthistea

It sounds like he's praising them for not sticking to the same bs, but at the same time he's calling them prisoners. Guess he's right in some way, but he sounds very arrogant while doing it. 

Puddin

I get what he's trying to say, but mess at the indie is superior to pop music because indie music is rEaL and aUtHeNtIc idea. 

7 hours ago, Muumisarvinen said:

He sounds like one of those crazy conspiracy theorists on YouTube 

he really does sound like he's losing it & its the complete opposite of what i have seen him say in an interview about working with her before. all i remember was he kinda talked nicely about working with gaga, how it wasn't like just handing a song over to bey's people. that he got to stay up all hours of the night talking and writing with gaga. 

monketsharona
1 hour ago, JohnWayne23 said:

I think there's two kinds of music:

Music that is made for art

and 

Music that is made for entertainment. 

Yeah and I think Gaga is doing both... There's nothing bad doing both of them together or not

7 hours ago, Bradley Cooper said:

No I don't stan FJM. I think you don't exercise the brain function of thinking before you type because you don't exercise the brain function of reading as well, which explains how you are so off-topic.

why do i always see you being condescending and somewhat rude to people in your replies? no i'm serious, why are you like this on a pop forum? 

Pacify Him

King of Folk Rock :diane: The beginning part sounds like what he would sing about. Anyway, he spilled the truth about it all. Even the part we wouldn't have thought about (which is the end). It's all true anyway.

The title is worded incorrectly tho.

I’m getting on your nerves

NotGeigh

Guys I don't think he's comin for Gaga, he's just saying how popstars are burdened with pressure to make something that feels like a big hit. He is more indie (@ the monsters dragging him for not being heard of) so his artistic integrity is 100% more of an option + priority. That's why some artists like Gaga and Bey come to work with him, so they can work with someone who doesn't prioritize audience reception over quality + artistic integrity. 

DeleteMyAccount

Ed Sheeran and Frank Ocean teas... 

Why even write with her then? These people are always talking against the industry or about themselves on such a high pedestal and then completely contradict themselves a week later...

Archived