Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Kylie Minogue's 50 Best Songs: RESULTS + PLAYLIST

YeehawKylie

Featured Posts

YeehawKylie

Does anyone know if Kylie Minogue has a fan base thread? If not, we should make one. If so, link me. :staymad:

EDIT: Fanebase thread below! 

I'm receiving a collector's edition boxset today :excited2: and am going to do an unboxing (cause I'm a nerd and I love, love, love packaging and album art [i miss buying cd's in store] :giveup:). I also have two more collector's edition boxsets coming in the next week. I may post the video's in the fanbase thread so you all can see what the products look like.  :giggle: They all look so well done and will undoubtedly be a good addition to any Kylie fan's collection. 

My side hustle: pimping out Kylie Minogue. :trollga:

and @jujubae, can't you just open the linked playlist on mobile or the web (wherever you listen to spotify typically)? I honestly have no idea how to find out my actual username and my real name is too common I think for you to find easily. 

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, jujubae said:

Sis I cannot find the playlist on spotify! What's your username there?

Click on the spotify that IndieKylie attached and it should open

16 hours ago, IndieKylie said:

Slow Down: Best of Kylie Minogue

Spotify Playlist 

Reflecting the Top 60 officially named, plus the next 15 (Total 74)*

*Wait is not available on Spotify, therefore every song 34-74 is one spot above it's actual listing.

I listened to this from end to track 44 or something lol but I must say good choices although I woulda put some of those higher lol

Antonio

@IndieKylie love your list :giveup:

personally, I would've put Red Blooded Woman at #1, with CGYOMH following at #2 and Your Disco Needs You at #3, here are some more of my favorites:

2 Hearts
In Your Eyes
Disco Down
Get Outta My Way
Speakerphone
Obsession

𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞

YeehawKylie
7 minutes ago, Antonio said:

@IndieKylie love your list

personally, I would've put Red Blooded Woman at #1, with CGYOMH following at #2 and Your Disco Needs You at #3, here are some more of my favorites:

2 Hearts
In Your Eyes
Disco Down
Get Outta My Way
Speakerphone
Obsession

When it comes to the Top 10, there really could be endless possibilities. In terms of quality, the difference between #1 and #50 is there, but not large. I'd say of her roughly 160 released, studio songs 140 of them are easily good to excellent. At worst, Kylie has only ever been average. 

Antonio
8 minutes ago, IndieKylie said:

When it comes to the Top 10, there really could be endless possibilities. In terms of quality, the difference between #1 and #50 is there, but not large. I'd say of her roughly 160 released, studio songs 140 of them are easily good to excellent. At worst, Kylie has only ever been average. 

honestly I just don't understand how Slow can be her best song, I guess I just need to give it time

𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞

Now that I've heard 6 albums my current rank is

Light Years

Impossible Princess (such a grower)

Fever

Aphrodite=X

Body Language

ImpossiblePrincess

That 21 tho for DIA 

@IndieKylie what are ur favourite kylie albums least fav to best fav?

Welcome to GagaDaily, it looks like things just got messgendary.

26 minutes ago, XtiNe said:

Now that I've heard 6 albums my current rank is

Light Years

Impossible Princess (such a grower)

Fever

Aphrodite=X

Body Language

Personal highlights of each

Light Years: Spinning Around, On A Night Like This, Disco Down, Your Disco Needs You, Butterfly, Under The Influence of Love, I'm So High, Light Years

Impossible Princess: Cowboy Style, Some Kind Of Bliss, Did It Again, I Don't Need Anyone, Dreams

Fever: More More More, Love At First Sight, CGUOOMH, Fever, Give IT 2 Me, Come Into MY World, In Your Eyes, Love Affair, Burning Up

Aphrodite: All The Lovers, Get Outta My Way, Closer, Illusion, Cupid Boy

X:  2 Hearts, Like A Drug, In My Arms, Speakerphone, Sensitized, The One, Wow, Nu-di-ty

Body Language: Slow, Still Standing, Sweet Music, Red Blooded Woman, Cruise Control

@jujubae @IndieKylie Any similar tastes?

John Slayne

Ok I just realised that it's been 3 years since the last Kylie album, this is not ok :madge:

On 3/19/2017 at 6:23 PM, jujubae said:

Body Language, one of her best and poppiest.

Then Fever because it's one of her best.

Then Impossible Princess; it's different, but if you enjoy ROL-Madonna, then IP-Kylie would be right up your alley. Then Kiss Me Once, then Light Years, Rhythm of Love, and then her self-titled. Then her other albums, but this is definitely a start. If you don't listen to any other Kylie ever, I'd say definitely do Body Language + Fever  + Impossible Princess. They are all too good to pass up. What would you say, @IndieKylie? :oprah: 

So I've heard 6 albums now and in my own opinion

Light Years>>Fever=X>>Aphrodite=Impossible Princess>>Body Language is about my rank 

YeehawKylie
2 hours ago, Antonio said:

honestly I just don't understand how Slow can be her best song, I guess I just need to give it time

It's perfection. :giveup:

Honestly, probably the best pop song of the millennia so far. :giggle:

YeehawKylie
1 hour ago, littlemonsterL5 said:

That 21 tho for DIA 

@IndieKylie what are ur favourite kylie albums least fav to best fav?

I'd probably rank all of her albums (excluding Kylie Christmas) as such:

01. Body Language

02. Light Years

03. Fever

04. Kylie Minogue

05. Impossible Princess

06. Let's Get To It

07. Kiss Me Once

08. Aphrodite

09. X

10. Rhythm of Love

11. Kylie

12. Enjoy Yourself

I know I'll get sh!t for putting KMO above both Aphrodite and X, but I find it more listenable. X and Aphrodite have more satisfying highs, but as a cohesive unit I think KMO works better and is more consistent. I think with two song changes, KMO would have been a fan favorite. :giggle:

This was honestly a Sophie's Choice-like Decision for me. The Top 10 albums I absolutely adore and no matter how I rank them, it'll never look right. All I know is Body Language is my favorite and Kylie/Enjoy Yourself are my least favorite. The rest are totally interchangeable. 

juju
3 hours ago, XtiNe said:

Personal highlights of each

Light Years: Spinning Around, On A Night Like This, Disco Down, Your Disco Needs You, Butterfly, Under The Influence of Love, I'm So High, Light Years

Impossible Princess: Cowboy Style, Some Kind Of Bliss, Did It Again, I Don't Need Anyone, Dreams

Fever: More More More, Love At First Sight, CGUOOMH, Fever, Give IT 2 Me, Come Into MY World, In Your Eyes, Love Affair, Burning Up

Aphrodite: All The Lovers, Get Outta My Way, Closer, Illusion, Cupid Boy

X:  2 Hearts, Like A Drug, In My Arms, Speakerphone, Sensitized, The One, Wow, Nu-di-ty

Body Language: Slow, Still Standing, Sweet Music, Red Blooded Woman, Cruise Control

@jujubae @IndieKylie Any similar tastes?

Mostly all of these :lolly: 

I cannot really pick a fave era, X is probably my favorite by default because it was the first album I remember being released by her that I was a stan (probably began stanning in 2005?). So, X for sure is where it's at.

❤ x ❤

Archived