Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
opinion

Late 90s early 00s pop acts

FGGrayson

Featured Posts

FGGrayson

From the original pop princess we have Britney with a semi A-List career, still recording records, and her residency, she's still seen as an icon, she tried to crossover to films but she didnt made it, Xtinas attemps have been sad but only for bad luck i guess, her last 2 records did horrible, she did kinda better than Brit in films (Burlesque) but idk why she doesnt try anymore, Jessica had her 1 huuuge era, her Dukes of Hazard film and then she disappeared, she now makes more money from this 4 kween thanks to her fashion empire tho, Mandy Moore the last pop princess kinda turned into an actrees, i guess with Britney she's the more relevant rn, with Tangled, This is us, tho im still waiting for new music.

The next wave of pop girls remained low  as a local act with 0 impact i.e. Vanessa Carlton, she kept releasing records throught the years (2002, 04, 07. 11, 15, 16, 17) but all of them failed to make any impact except for maybe her 2 first records), Michelle Branch was the Britney to Vanessa, she had 1 big era, 1 mediocre era and then she dissapeared into the nothing, she has just released a new song, Jojo's career is almost dead, but honestly it wasnt her fault, that mess with her label killed her career

Some girls went with a more tragic fate like Lindsay Lohan, Paris Hilton, Hillary Duff i remember they were everywhere, music, tv, films, etc.. but yet, their messy lifes ended with their careers

Im writting this because I think some of them are trying to come back,

I just saw in YT that Michelle Branch released new music :gum:  The gaps of some of these forgotten semi it-girls are really a thing.  Some pop girls that tried come backs atm but failed horrible are Gwen, Nelly Furtado, Fergie, to think that what's left of them is only the memories of good times. Also there's rumours about a new album of Jessica Simpson & Mandy Moore has spoken about it too so.... i think everyone will release and im gonna still waiting for ****ing MM :air:

GAPS OF THESE GIRLS:

Michelle Branch (14 yrs without new music) -  new album 2017

Vanessa Carlton - new album 2017

Jessica Simpson   (2008 | 9 yrs) - tba

Mandy Moore (2009 | 8 yrs) - tba

Lindsay Lohan (2005 | 12 yrs)

Ashlee Simpson (2008 | 9 yrs)

Xtina Aguilera (2012 |  5 yrs)

COME BACKS THAT DIDNT DO THAT WELL SO FAR

Nelly Furtado | Gwen | Fergie | Hillary

TL:DR  So, who do you think from all of this girls, will still have a career be semi relevant in the industry music/film in 10 years, and who could have a chance? Are you rooting for someone?

Britney, Xtina, Jessica, Mandy, Vanessa, Michelle, Lindsay, Ashlee, Hillary, Paris | Gwen, Fergie, Nelly

𝗟𝗮𝗱𝘆 𝗚𝗮𝗴𝗮 • 𝗠𝗮𝗻𝗱𝘆 𝗠𝗼𝗼𝗿𝗲 • 𝗦𝗼𝗽𝗵𝗶𝗲-𝗘𝗹𝗹𝗶𝘀 𝗕𝗲𝘅𝘁𝗼𝗿 • 𝗣𝗮𝗿𝗶𝘀 𝗝𝗮𝗰𝗸𝘀𝗼𝗻

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FGGrayson

So far, i think from these girls, the only ones i can picture with a semi impactfull/or semi career are:

Britney, she will remaing releasing albums and with a fandom

Mandy Moore but only in films

Gwen with fashion

Nelly maybe in the indie scene if she step up her game

And i can see having a small cute career with the few remaining fans IF they want to

Hillary Duff, i can see her in films too if she actually cares about it

Xtina, i can see her releasing music and still relevant but only IF she wants to and stop taking those breaks

Hades

I'll talk only about music.

1. Nelly Furtado will stay indie as she wants.

2. Britney is already declining but has a fandom.

3. Xtina can make a comeback if she wasn't that lazy.

4. Gwen is over sadly. Her singles tanked.

5. Fergie is the one i'm rooting for to release that damn album. :giveup: Double dutchess

It's a shame cause dutchess produced 5 top 10 singles. Such a huge debut album.

Earthling

thank you for acknowledging Vanessa Carlton's existence 

*she switched baristas. ☕️

FGGrayson
24 minutes ago, Earthling said:

thank you for acknowledging Vanessa Carlton's existence 

she use to be lowkey big, plus she's really talented and makes cute pop music, nolita fairytale >>> :giveup:  I had really had hopes for ha, just like i had for Mandy, but i think she rather have quality music than be in the mainstream and do things she doesnt like

SLAYing

When you talk about 90's to early 2000 .. You just can't forget AQUA :wub:

Instagram : saurabh_slays

FGGrayson

@SLAYing oh, AQUA was pretty big, really cute bops, sadly i dont see them coming back ever again, idk what happened

@Earthling btw.. Vanessa is about to release a new album this year, did u by chance were the guy who made an apprecation thread about ha in the fandbase subforum time ago?

Earthling
3 minutes ago, Martin Garrix said:

she use to be lowkey big, plus she's really talented and makes cute pop music, nolita fairytale >>> :giveup:  I had really had hopes for ha, just like i had for Mandy, but i think she rather have quality music than be in the mainstream and do things she doesnt like

Nolita fairytale, :giveup: White houses, :diane:Twilight :firega:, Private Radio :lolly:

So many cute songs! She's so underappreciated now!

Can't wait for ha comeback :lolly:

Earthling
1 minute ago, Martin Garrix said:

@SLAYing

@Earthling btw.. Vanessa is about to release a new album this year, did u by chance were the guy who made an apprecation thread about ha in the fandbase subforum time ago?

Nope wasn't me!  (But I so would :giveup:)

FGGrayson
5 minutes ago, Earthling said:

Nope wasn't me!  (But I so would :giveup:)

oh, once we had a Vanessa stan and he made a thread about ha :whitney:   its cute to find fans of underrated girls ngl, im myself  the last mandy moore stan :whitney:

Earthling
2 minutes ago, Martin Garrix said:

oh, once we had a Vanessa stan and he made a thread about ha :whitney:   its cute to find fans of underrated girls ngl, im myself  the last mandy moore stan :whitney:

I love me my underrated girls :giveup:

Fiona Apple, anyone???

RAMROD
7 minutes ago, Martin Garrix said:

@SLAYing oh, AQUA was pretty big, really cute bops, sadly i dont see them coming back ever again, idk what happened

@Earthling

Aqua had new album in 2011 but not going anywhere. The albums being limited release doesn't help at all. You gotta look it up, it's an enjoyable album for big fans.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ 𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚍𝚘𝚠 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚒-𝚒-𝚒-𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝...! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

FGGrayson
4 minutes ago, Earthling said:

I love me my underrated girls :giveup:

Fiona Apple, anyone???

i am :diane:  i even had the bootleg edition of TEM, the one ha label didnt let her release, that one was better tbh

3 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

Aqua had new album in 2011 but not going anywhere. The albums being limited release doesn't help at all. You gotta look it up, it's an enjoyable album for big fans.

OMFG!! I didnt knew about that :giveup:  thats awesome

Gagaloo911

What does it matter even? Let them release new music if that's their passion. 

Archived