Featured Posts

Erich Johnson

TF- BDR was substituted by PF

BTW- Judas mess

AP- Venus  was substituted by DWUW

Joanne- A-YO  was substituted by MR

2nd free of mess/flop : Telephone

hausofkc

Sometimes I wish Gaga was on a different label or had better management that's not her friends that can make better decisions regarding single choices/timeline of them. 

I actually never knew BDR was supposed to be a single :what:

she probably changed it because she played it for Def Jam and they dropped her :toofunny:

...ıllıllı c h e r r y c h e r r y b o o m b o o m ıllıllı...

Mister Gaga
6 minutes ago, Erich Johnson said:

TF- BDR was substituted by PF

BTW- Judas mess

AP- Venus  was substituted by DWUW

Joanne- A-YO  was substituted by MR

Notice how all those changes were good tho. Interscope might have a point (except for Judas :poot:)

Obviously, PF was a success over BDR. 

As soon as Judas underperformed, TEOG was released and rapidly chosen as 3rd single, which kinda saved the era.

As much as we all love Venus, it's not radio material. It would have flopped terribly. Interscope chose DWUW, which did amazingly without a video.

Do i need to talk about MR outperfoming A-YO? (a-yo should have been the lead tho. But MR fits as 2nd single).

Why would they consider BDR over PF or other songs in the first place? :oprah: I don't understand it.

Too many people here with moral superiority complex.

Best Second Single Choices!

The Fame: Poker Face (smart)

The Fame Monster: Telephone (smart)

Born This Way: TEOG (The Queen for 3rd)

ARTPOP: DWUW (PG-13 mv)

Joanne: Million Reasons (still smart)

Drin Lon

Judas as the 2nd single off of BTW and Perfect Illusion as the lead single off of Joanne are the two biggest mistakes ever, I hope whoever thought those were good single choices got fired and now is starving in poverty..........

..........:stalkga: :poot:

2 hours ago, hausofkc said:

Sometimes I wish Gaga was on a different label or had better management that's not her friends that can make better decisions regarding single choices/timeline of them. 

I would have wished the same,but it seems that Gaga wants people  around her that really understand her needs.I mean she could have done some simple moves to have radio support,spotify support etc and she didn`t even care.

Gaga Monster

Interscope made the right decision with DWUW, MR, and PF. They are much better at choosing singles than Gaga.

GGD Presidential Elections

PerfectIllusion

She said on the beggining of the Joanne era that she wouldn' t release singles in traditional way but instead perform the whole album :madge: that was such a good idea but i guess she changed her mind:awkney:

Anderson123
2 hours ago, Drin Lon said:

Judas as the 2nd single off of BTW and Perfect Illusion as the lead single off of Joanne are the two biggest mistakes ever, I hope whoever thought those were good single choices got fired and now is starving in poverty..........

..........:stalkga: :poot:

I agree on Judas. I think Marry The Night or You and I would've been better choices for a second single and save The Edge of Glory for something after the album was released, but they wanted the "Bad Romance 2.0" sound because Born This Way had that light sound and Judas was "classic Gaga".

As for Joanne, no other song would've been a better lead single. Yes, people love Dancin' In Circles or Diamond Heart but mark my words, if any of these songs would've been released as the lead, fans would be complaining that they both lack something or weren't strong enough, not just that but they also would've had moderate success.

Edit: Now that I think about it, had Judas not been released as a single, fans would've been like "OMG what are they thinking, Judas is a Bad Romance 2.0 waiting to happen, they're wasting their time with *Insert any other BTW song*", kind of what happened with GUY and MTN.

Drin Lon
2 minutes ago, Alan123 said:

I agree on Judas. I think Marry The Night or You and I would've been better choices for a second single and save The Edge of Glory for something after the album was released, but they wanted the "Bad Romance 2.0" sound because Born This Way had that light sound and Judas was "classic Gaga".

As for Joanne, no other song would've been a better lead single. Yes, people love Dancin' In Circles or Diamond Heart but mark my words, if any of these songs would've been released as the lead, fans would be complaining that they both lack something or weren't strong enough, not just that but they also would've had moderate success.

There's nothing on Joanne that would have pleased the hungry-for-another-BR fans, so I wouldn't even take that in consideration. I'm speaking commercially, and commercially Million Reasons, A-Yo, or even Dancin' In Circles would have been MUCH better choices. Radio was hungry for a new Gaga song, it kind of sucks that PI was that song...

Lampost

What makes you say BDR was meant to be the 2nd single? I don't believe that's ever been stated. It was only released as a promotional single. 

Archived