💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Which male popstar/band uses sex to sell the most?

StrawberryBlond

Which male popstar/band uses sex to sell the most?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Which male popstar/band uses sex to sell the most?

• Bruno Mars
    • Calvin Harris
    • Ed Sheeran
    • Justin Bieber
    • Justin Timberlake
    • One Direction
    • Shawn Mendes
    • The Chainsmokers
    • Zayn
    • Other (please specify)

Featured Posts

Chromatislaps
32 minutes ago, GagaStefi said:

Who voted for Shawn Mendes :laughga: he is a hunty

we know

G72EZcm.gif

FrankGutz

This title SCREAMS NICK JONAS,

Dᴄ • Dᴀʀᴋ Hᴏʀsᴇ | Hᴏʀʀᴏʀ • Tʜʀɪʟʟᴇʀ | Eʟᴇᴄᴛʀᴏɴɪᴄ | Fɪᴛɴᴇss | Mᴀɴᴅʏ Mᴏᴏʀᴇ • Lᴀᴅʏ Gᴀɢᴀ • Sᴏᴘʜɪᴇ Bᴇxᴛᴏʀ

sipthistea

Bruno Mars? WTF? He sings about sex, but he doesn't show his body to sell records.

Opposite to that, you can see a few people doing it: Shawn Mendes, Beiber, Jonas Brothers, Zayn Malik, Jason Derulo, and their derivatives. You can notice their music is not that good, so that's why the have the need to do it :sharon:

Ryusei
1 hour ago, ChrisGaga said:

Ed Sheeran...?!:trollga: great joke! :reductive::cryga:

be careful i got 2 WPs for a comment like that :trollga:

Musery

ChrisGaga
10 minutes ago, Ryusei said:

be careful i got 2 WPs for a comment like that :trollga:

Sorry, I didn't want to be rude or hurt anyone. Just wanted to say my opinion. Hope that is okay in a forum...otherwise I can delete my comment :/

StrawberryBlond

I added in an "other" option because so many people mentioned Maroon 5 and Nick Jonas. I don't think you can retract your vote, but if you haven't voted until now, here's your chance.

On 14/03/2017 at 10:15 PM, Trepadation said:

all these choices don't add up:lolly: hardly any do, justina timberpound has a songs about it (and exposed janet's breast) but that's about it. 

EDIT: isn't bruno r&b?:oprah: and is shawn mendes on this list because he might be a hunty?

Like I said, men sell sex differently. They frame it more as romance as they don't have to show their bodies off. But it doesn't mean they're not selling sex because females don't need men to be explicit to turn them on, we tend to have a bit more imagination. Plenty of women get wound up about a guy in jeans and a t-shirt who won't even say the word 'sex' in their songs because we're raised in society to have that be enough to turn us on.

I thought about putting Bruno in RnB but more people think of him as a popstar and I based it on public perception. I was going to put The Weeknd but he's definitely RnB. And I put Shawn there because all his songs are about girls and he's selling himself as the hot nice guy. Listen to Treat You Better. That song was designed to get girls in the sack through emotional manipulation. Though it doesn't work on me, other girls love this kind of thing.

On 14/03/2017 at 10:21 PM, ChrisGaga said:

Ed Sheeran...?!:trollga: great joke! :reductive::cryga:

Not really. Just because a lot of people don't consider him attractive doesn't mean that he's can't try to sell sex. Shape Of You is his biggest attempt. And he makes song after song dedicated to telling girls they're awesome. He strikes me as the kind of guy who learned how to play the guitar and write songs specifically to make girls swoon. Just because he isn't Mr Universe doesn't mean that he can't sell sex in a way that appeals to female's emotions.

On 14/03/2017 at 10:21 PM, Greanskye said:

Wanted to vote for Robin Thicke :/

On 14/03/2017 at 10:21 PM, Glory said:

Maroon 5 !

They even showed Adam's ass for the floppy video of floppy This Summer...

On 14/03/2017 at 10:45 PM, Werk said:

Where's Nick Jonas 

On 14/03/2017 at 11:50 PM, InsideOutright said:

Adam Levine should be on that poll.

I've added an "other" option for anyone else. I should've done that in the first place.

On 14/03/2017 at 10:33 PM, GagaStefi said:

Who voted for Shawn Mendes :laughga: he has that innocent image

Men can sell sex while having an innocent image. That's what they can do in a industry that's mostly run by men. The male management encourage females to be overtly sexual but they would never encourage that of males because not only does it make them uncomfortable but they also know that men just need to be subtle with a sexual image in order to sell. Trust me, the millions of young girls who are fawning over Shawn are not doing so in a completely innocent way. I mean, have you ever read a fanfic written by a teenager? The filth that goes on in the minds of pre-teen girls these days is shocking. And I should know because I was one once.

On 14/03/2017 at 11:26 PM, sipthistea said:

Bruno Mars? WTF? He sings about sex, but he doesn't show his body to sell records.

Opposite to that, you can see a few people doing it: Shawn Mendes, Beiber, Jonas Brothers, Zayn Malik, Jason Derulo, and their derivatives. You can notice their music is not that good, so that's why the have the need to do it :sharon:

I've actually heard some women say that they find Bruno sexy. As I said before, men don't have to show their body to sell records or even be that attractive. They just need to present romantic, complimentary songs and the women are hooked. It doesn't matter how you look when you make music like that because women will regard you as a sex symbol. And no, they don't have to necessarily do it because their music isn't good. It's just a lucrative way of selling music. Men are raised to believe that composing a romantic tune will get a woman interested. That's why so many tunes from males are about this very thing. It doesn't mean their music is bad or good because they do it, it's just considered a standard topic for men to sing about.

StrawberryBlond

Sorry for the double post but...I really thought there would be more interest in this thread. No more votes to be cast? No more words?

Probglum

jubin bibber

My name is yours! What's Probglum?

junolxf

All of them. 

"Seems to be trendy lately to talk sh*t about 'Lady Gaga' when your albums/singles drop." - Leviticus 20:27

Archived