đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

FEUD // EP.2 // REACTION + REVIEW!

VenusPenus

Featured Posts

VenusPenus

Watch me ramble about the things that make me want to cry lol. Stay tuned, next week I'll be talking about episode 3 of FEUD: BETTE AND JOAN! Right now, I'm appalled at how dramatic Joan Crawford was and wonder if she actually was like that irl. :duck:

let’s stay playful together

dlioncourt91

Considering how vain Joan was, it wouldn't put it past me that she didn't sink to those levels. Most new fans need to research a lot about these two women because I'm sure Ryan will take liberties or be incorrect about a lot of things.

Joan and Bette were rivals yes but ultimately showed a respect for one another. Both women came during an era where they had to fight and take the road less traveled by taking risks, Joan playing a villain in "The Women" and Bette taking the first considered bitch role no one would play in "Of Human Bondage" which brought them acclaim. They also had several runs of low points, bad movies until they revitalized their careers by teaming up.

Bette was not afraid to look bad if it meant a good role/script. Joan on the other hand insisted on maintaining the glamour of a movie star even quoted as saying "If you want the girl next door, go next door." She later disappeared from the spotlight when she was photographed in unflattering photos supporting her Women-costar Rosalind Russell so seeing as her image and look played a huge part of her, I wouldn't doubt she stooped to those theatrics on a film set.

weed

Side note I haven't seen either episodes yet, would y'all recommend? Can you give me the vibe the show has? Like it's a drama, comedy, mystery, etc

Ooolong
1 hour ago, neptugne said:

Side note I haven't seen either episodes yet, would y'all recommend? Can you give me the vibe the show has? Like it's a drama, comedy, mystery, etc

I'd recommend. 

The vibe is a bit hard for me to describe. It's drama but with lots of small comedic moments. But the comedy isn't overbearing, it's still a serious show with dramatic and emotional moments. The comedy is also done well and isn't out of place. Another word to describe the vibe is simply 'bitchy'. :giggle:

I found the second episode to be better than the first, so if you do watch and find the first episode to be good but nothing too impressive, the second episode ups the ante. All of the sets and visuals are gorgeous and expertly done. The acting is also great so far, as to be expected with such a cast. It isn't too incorrect either, a lot of the moments thus far have been factual and really happened in one way or another. The parts that are hearsay don't seem to matter much overall either. :gaycat: 

The Unbannable Chanteuse

djBuffoon

I'm enjoying it so far. The portrayals seem accurate. 

Bette was/is one of the greatest actors of all time, but she could be difficult and outspoken when the direction or script or actors were not pulling their weight. But she was also a consumnate professional and lover of the craft, who always gave praise to her colleagues whenever she felt they deserved it.

Joan, on the other hand.... a different kind of difficult.

Bradley
On 3/15/2017 at 4:50 AM, neptugne said:

It's like watching an Oscar nominated/winning film except it's a TV show.

Good acting, good directing, good writing, delicate depiction, just watch it.

Archived