Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Tim Stewart ( guitar) interviewed about SB, Gaga, etc

giskardsb

Featured Posts

giskardsb

there is a bunch of setup, then the host and Tim do a little Jam at about 6:00 that really makes me hope Tim plays guitar with her in a jazz/funk setting sometime.  He is a super tasty guitar player.  There are a lot of "holy ****" guitar moments and jams scattered through this.   I have a new respect for him as a player, he is fantastic.

The interview itself starts around 9:00 and starts off talking about the Superbowl.

I like this part around 17:30 (paraphrasing):

Tim Stewart: "Whats awesome about her, like I said, is she's willing to take chances... I think that's the thing that really intrigued me about her.   She's an amazing person, so welcoming, and really knowledgeable about music, all kinds of music.  But it's her 'I'm gonna do what I want' type thing that I think is absent in a lot of music, you know.  I think .... with a lot of people the predominant thought is 'whatever I can do to sell the record and stay in the safe zone', stay commercial, and she's always taking chances. ...she's playing guitar now.... wants to be in the moment...  a lot of people are scared they'll offend somebody or offend their fanbase."

Host: "What I love about her too is there is a certain honesty, she's a real musician, you can see when she puts her hands on the piano she's a real player, real vibrato in her voice, really singing, taking risks... that was really the best halftime performance I've seen since Prince."

anyway great interview, long, so I'm not transcribing it. ;)  Nice little jam on poker face around 20:00 and Bad Romance too.  Cool to hear some isolated guitar parts of some of these Gaga songs.

also:

Tim Stewart: "The vocals were live... most of the rest was pre-recorded... but she wouldn't do it if the vocals weren't live."

talking about Gaga tours and jamming on Just Dance riffs.. ( around 30:00)..."For me and Ricki its basically a rock show... we put heavy layers under everything".

Also Tim, Ricki, and Spanky ( ex Gaga drummer) put together a band called Knives with a vocalist J.  Punk Funk Rock in a Rage against the Machine kind of way.:

drinkmytears

"She wouldn't do it if the vocals weren't live"

she really is the one pop artist who has never and will never lipsynch. I know she's used a tracks (especially for distorted sounding goals) but she's never mimed

donutellha

damn! love the integrity he carries!

Walk down the runway but don't puke, it's okay. You just had 10 donuts today. Without frosting.

Archived