• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arturo

• Americano

• Valentino

• Klou

Top Posters In This Topic

Highway Unicorn

Why y'all so mad? People clearly like the song and unlike her last 4 singles there hasn't been any shady business behind the scenes. WA has climbed to #3 because it's a good song. It's not clouded with nonsensical metaphors like MTN and has substance behind it.

You guys complain about the discounts, rappers. generic lyrics and productions of her past singles. But when she does release a song that is different from any other single she has done that climbs to the top on it's own efforts you guys still complain. I mean...

Ozzy8923

Why y'all so mad? People clearly like the song and unlike her last 4 singles there hasn't been any shady business behind the scenes. WA has climbed to #3 because it's a good song. It's not clouded with nonsensical metaphors like MTN and has substance behind it.

You guys complain about the discounts, rappers. generic lyrics and productions of her past singles. But when she does release a song that is different from any other single she has done that climbs to the top on it's own efforts you guys still complain. I mean...

Wow. You're right. I feel bad now. :cry:

In that case, GO WIDE AWAKE!

jhonyguy04

iam still pressed about katy, but what are you gonna do....as long as gaga doesn't flop out of existence.

Oyemiamor

Media outlets are starting to pick up on Gaga's completed album. It is so funny how anything and everything that Gaga says and does is picked up immediately. There is a ton of interest in Lady Gaga, more than any other artist out there I would say from my perceptions. Can't wait for Gaga to slay the charts again!

"She has yet to announce North American dates for the Born This Way Ball tour, suggesting that by the time she hits American arenas, the show may be altered to include material from the next record."

That is an interesting comment, but so unfair to her international fans :)

Highway Unicorn

iam still pressed about katy, but what are you gonna do....as long as gaga doesn't flop out of existence.

Exactly, the pop scene has room for both Katy and Gaga as well as the others. Katy's just more popular as of the moment than Gaga (in America anyway).

Edited by Highway Unicorn

jhonyguy04

Exactly, the pop scene has room for both Katy and Gaga as well as the others. Katy's just more popular as of the moment than Gaga.

i hate her....."goes to amazon and buy peacock"

Valentino

Exactly, the pop scene has room for both Katy and Gaga as well as the others. Katy's just more popular as of the moment than Gaga (in America anyway).

2ut5fg0.gif

7. Where Have You Been - Rihanna

June 8, 2012 2:48 PM

Where Have You Been by Rihanna from the album Talk That Talk (Deluxe Edition)

Highway Unicorn

2ut5fg0.gif

7. Where Have You Been - Rihanna

June 8, 2012 2:48 PM

Where Have You Been by Rihanna from the album Talk That Talk (Deluxe Edition)

You are deluded if you think that Gaga is more POPULAR than Katy right now in America ("cultural impact" is another issue). She has a top 10 hit, has constantly been in the public eye and the views for her Vevo page just keep rising. Gaga's dropped out of the BB200 recently, has no singles and her Vevo views have just stopped completely. Bar Simpsons and Oprah (which hardly did a lot) the last time she was on TV was at New Years. That was 6 months ago.

'Sides 99% of the people in this thread get pressed as hell whenever she is mentioned. I mean, will your fave ever be that controversial? :troll:

Americano

Treading a thin line because Lady Gaga is more famous, but less popular. Popularity has an expiration date however.

Valentino

You are deluded if you think that Gaga is more POPULAR than Katy right now in America ("cultural impact" is another issue). She has a top 10 hit, has constantly been in the public eye and the views for her Vevo page just keep rising. Gaga's dropped out of the BB200 recently, has no singles and her Vevo views have just stopped completely. Bar Simpsons and Oprah (which hardly did a lot) the last time she was on TV was at New Years. That was 6 months ago.

'Sides 99% of the people in this thread get pressed as hell whenever she is mentioned. I mean, will your fave ever be that controversial? :troll:

And yet look at the reaction her tweet from last night received. An announcement about the announcement of her album title. I'm sure Katy would've received the same reaction if it'd been her.wtK8m.gif

Americano

Anyway.

Wait. I didnt read this part.

Gaga CHOSE to avoid the media, she CHOSE to stop releasing singles, and she has no new videos so obviously her VEVO is stagnant.

How can you say that means she's less popular? Because she decided to take a break from releasing material? :rofl:

I agree she's less popular, but you're arguing this horribly.

Valentino

Maybe because Katy's 7th single is set to go top 3 while Gaga's 5th went top 30? Sorry but the #s are the #s.

There ya'll go comparing BTW's singles to TD's again.4hupT.gif

Americano

Maybe because Katy's 7th single is set to go top 3 while Gaga's 5th went top 30? Sorry but the #s are the #s.

You keep ignoring the fact it's a re-release. :rofl:

Lets talk numbers then, buddy.

How's Katy's Twitter? She's less popular there. She has less YT views overall.

What was the re-releases opening week sales? Oh, right, less than 40k.

Where did PoM end up?

Oh, not even 2x platinum. What about worldwide? Oh wait, I remember now, PoM was a non-event in a lot of the world just like WA currently is outside of the US!

Numbers are numbers. She's a local b---h with little touring power as well, which you've yet to bring up.

How did her flop TD garbage tour match up to TMB or now TBTWB's numbers?

Billboard Box Office will gladly direct you to her lack of touring ability when stacked up against Lady Gaga's monstrous and growing cash flow.

What were her peaks in Japan or France? How'd her album sell outside of the US in general? Oh, less than 5 million copies? BTW sold almost 9 million WITH those flop singles.

Again, numbers are numbers.

I'm not even bringing up Google searches, media reporting per year, etc.

tumblr_lduz0nlWCc1qffv0vo1_500.gif

Edited by Americano