Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

US Charts Discussion (Part 3)

Americano

Featured Posts

jhonyguy04

No, she moved away from the public in a failed attempt to become closer with her fans. Funny thing is she lost fans who decided not to be belittled by her. Not all her fans are insecure adolescent gay kids

i dont think that her attempt to get closer to her fans failed. she solidified her fanbase with this album at least, even if she moved away slightly from the general public. we will see how the tour does over here. and if it does spectacular, which i think she will, she has solidified her fanbase.

and as far as not having as successful singles as before, it happens once you are not new anymore. look at Britney. In her second era, ALL HER SINGLES flopped, except OIDA. Yet her fanbase stayed strong.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arturo

• Americano

• Valentino

• Klou

Top Posters In This Topic

MarryTheKnight

This thread needs to get back on topic. Charts and Sales discussion only.

Sorry!

You probably hate me since I go off topic every other day

friendship_sorry.gif

Anyways returning katy perry to charting, Wide Awake will most likely be a top 5 hit and go at least Platinum in the US

Edited by MarryTheKnight

boysboysboys

Maybe, I am being too cynical.

I dont want to give the impression that I hate Gaga or I hated the born this way era.

I was just venting.

And you can be creative and artistic, without alienating yourself to a certain group.

Im not here to fight or to give any impressions that I dislike Gaga.

That's okay, I feel you. That's why I try not to argue too much against Wide Awake. Sorry.

As far as venting goes, I've had my share of disappointment with this era. I'm sure the Haus is aware though.

I just don't want any more pressure to dampen the next few months of hype.

MarryTheKnight

Also on the topic of nicki minaj, it was really smart of her to put Superbass on the deluxe edition of her album so people would spent more money and pay for the deluxe edition :nails:

Kind of sleazy, but smart since it was the best song on PF and her biggest hit to date

GagaRunTheWorld

Sorry!

friendship_sorry.gif

Anyways returning katy perry to charting, Wide Awake will most likely be a top 5 hit and go at least Platinum in the US

how much platinum is? 100k?

MarryTheKnight

That's okay, I feel you. That's why I try not to argue too much against Wide Awake. Sorry.

As far as venting goes, I've had my share of disappointment with this era. I'm sure the Haus is aware though.

I just don't want any more pressure to dampen the next few months of hype.

:hug:

Yeah... I hope Interscope/ Gaga/ the Haus has taken the few disappointments of BTW as learning experiences

how much platinum is? 100k?

Gold= 500 K

Platinum = 1 million

:)

Its so sad how much people steal music when 5 million sales in the US is considered pretty extraordinary

The US population is 311,591,917 :flop:

I mean lets be honest more than 3.7 million people have the song born this way on their ipods and more than 2.2 million people have the album on their ipods in America...

Shadow

the moderators are going to pee on us again lol

spoke too soon lol

Please be respectful of the forum volunteer staff.

Sorry!

friendship_sorry.gif

It's alright, but please consider watching the off topic/flame bait posts in this thread. I'm not mad at you. As long as you stay on topic, you won't get in trouble either. :P

🖤 𖤓 ♠︎

saltface

I don't disagree, but consider that she resold her album and has used various dubious methods to sell.

Just think: why isn't Interscope doing the same thing?

She still managed 3 #1s with u.pwards of 4xPlatinum sales WITHOUT remixes.

I agree that a lot of her numbers are dubious but at the same time she has been just as (if nor more) successful as Lady Gaga this past 18months.

Don't get me wrong, I hate Katy Perry, but she makes catchy hits and people like her, there's no two ways about it.

GagaRunTheWorld

:hug:

Yeah... I hope Interscope/ Gaga/ the Haus has taken the few disappointments of BTW as learning experiences

Gold= 500 K

Platinum = 1 million

:)

Its so sad how much people steal music when 5 million sales in the US is considered pretty extraordinary

The US population is 311,591,917 :flop:

I mean lets be honest more than 3.7 million people have the song born this way on their ipods and more than 2.2 million people have the album on their ipods in America...

if 1m for Platinum and 500k for Gold any Gaga song wont get Platinum or I dont believe it can get Gold because population of lithuania is about 3m ppl so for Platinum almost all lithuania must buy her song,why so high requirements?Anyway from time to time ALL Gaga songs and albums skyrocket to iTunes top 10 usually to number 1 and than fall down and disappears from iTunes :(

saltface

Also on the topic of nicki minaj, it was really smart of her to put Superbass on the deluxe edition of her album so people would spent more money and pay for the deluxe edition :nails:

Kind of sleazy, but smart since it was the best song on PF and her biggest hit to date

Also, it means people who bought the standard don't own it. I think she will do the same with Va Va Voom.

In New Zealand, BTW standard is #1, TFM is #3, and BTW special edition is #5.

weird when touring there increased album sales. Not like she hasnt been there before, so why all the sudden increase in sales lol

It's a special thing to have a superstar tour there, they don't get promo everyday.

Same in Oz, remember when EoG which was declining there shot up to #2?

Kylie toured Oz last June - Aphrodite went back into top 50 albums for 2 months, after being out for 6 months. And went platinum.

GagaRunTheWorld

Lady Gaga is coming to slay holiday sales. :legend:

what do you mean?Xmas?

Ozzy8923

The thing most people (particularly fans and pop music fanatics) fail to understand is the fact that Lady Gaga herself has specified that BTW is an album that was catered for the fans. It was not meant to be this huge success that catered to the needs of the general public (at least in my eyes). There is of course the fact that Gaga probably had REALLY high expectations for this era and perhaps they were not met and, as far as I'm concerned, that only gives Gaga MORE motivation and an even more intense desire to truly expand her image and music. That is a VERY good thing.

And in the eyes of the general public, selling 2 million is still very good. I bet most people don't know anything of TF & TFM sales, so when people say BTW sold 6 million copies WW, they see it as a success and quite impressive.

Basically, don't doubt Lady Gaga and her presence in the music industry. The general public and fans will eat up her next song and we all know that.

Americano

Gaga's album sales were hardly disappointing during BTW. That shouldn't even be debated. :rofl:

The issue were her singles, but the era is long over so why be pressed about it?

what do you mean?Xmas?

Yeah.