💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

US Charts Discussion (Part 3)

Americano

Featured Posts

whiteboi1327

Ooooh... ****. :calmyotits: Gaga don't fail me now!

Hahaha! jk jk.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arturo

• Americano

• Valentino

• Klou

Top Posters In This Topic

whiteboi1327

it's weird that she is going to have Scheibe as the song for her commercial. What if the public goes crazy and downloads it and shoots up to the top 20 of itunes, would she just denounce it and focus on her new album? Or would the label submit it to radio?

Jase

it's weird that she is going to have Scheibe as the song for her commercial. What if the public goes crazy and downloads it and shoots up to the top 20 of itunes, would she just denounce it and focus on her new album? Or would the label submit it to radio?

yup

Nagini

Doubt she was ever actually doing to release NINE singles, but we'll never know.

She was. BTW was supposed to be her Thriller. "3vry $0ng on Dah New ALBuMm KulD be SinqlEz!!" "Dis ALbum Gon HAVe LoTz OF HiTs xDXD !!!" The album has 17 songs and there were a lot of single-worthy songs. I think she only said that because she never had any flop singles before and she thought this album was going to succeed beyond TF+TFM.

1) Born This Way

2) Judas

3) The Edge of Glory

4) You and I

5) Marry The Night

6) Scheiße

7) Government Hooker

8) Americano

9) Heavy Metal Lover

10) Hair would've made a great single choice.

11) Maybe Bloody Mary. I'm pretty sure she was going to release it because it was a favorite when the album dropped but after Judas, I don't think so.

Thats 10-11 singles right there. Kinda disappointed she didn't have 9 singles but oh well.

whiteboi1327

Honestly Gaga could have pulled 9 singles but she screwed up. It doesn't take a genius to know that Judas would flop. Big mistake right there. She also released them way to fast.

BTW (Feb)

Judas (April)

EOG (May)

You and I (August)

MTN (November)- before christmas freeze which was a HUGE mistake.

Bad calls and bad set up. Her choices were bi polar. Switching MTN with You and I might have made MTN a bigger chance. Also seperating them out more would have done more justice.

:omg: OWL CITY HAS A SINGLE IMPACTING AT THE END OF THE MONTH :omg:

MY BODY IS NOT YET READY FOR MORE OWL CITY ON THE AIRWAVES :giveup:

Ozzy8923

Yeah, Gaga's ego suffered a huge blow due to the underwhelming success and lack of longevity that BTW had. I actually read somewhere that she expected this record to sell 30 million copies WW or Troy said that (I'm not sure, but I would expect Gaga to have set such a high # for herself which would explain the heavy promotion).

Americano

Scheisse would never get sent to radio, the album era is long over.

Honestly Gaga could have pulled 9 singles but she screwed up. It doesn't take a genius to know that Judas would flop. Big mistake right there. She also released them way to fast.

BTW (Feb)

Judas (April)

EOG (May)

You and I (August)

MTN (November)- before christmas freeze which was a HUGE mistake.

Bad calls and bad set up. Her choices were bi polar. Switching MTN with You and I might have made MTN a bigger chance. Also seperating them out more would have done more justice.

Judas wasnt an obvious flop..

The only reason TEOG came so quickly after Judas was because it flopped. It was hardly a rushed era.

And the Xmas freeze had nothing to do with MTN flopping. bad romance blew up in November of 09

MarryTheKnight

Yeah, Gaga's ego suffered a huge blow due to the underwhelming success and lack of longevity that BTW had. I actually read somewhere that she expected this record to sell 30 million copies WW or Troy said that (I'm not sure, but I would expect Gaga to have set such a high # for herself which would explain the heavy promotion).

lordt maybe in 100 years...

and the longevity is Gaga's fault for releasing singles so quickly.

And also her fans fault for tweeting her "WHATS THE NEXT SINGLE?!?!" two hours after she releases the video

Americano

The albums lack of longevity was the music itself.

Edited by Americano

Who knows. Maybe all she needed was a bit more promo. :troll:

whiteboi1327

Scheisse would never get sent to radio, the album era is long over.

Judas wasnt an obvious flop..

The only reason TEOG came so quickly after Judas was because it flopped. It was hardly a rushed era.

And the Xmas freeze had nothing to do with MTN flopping. bad romance blew up in November of 09

70 - 80% are christians in the U.S. Right when i heard the song I knew what was going to happen. I guess it wasn't to everyone. Yeah I knew why they rushed EOG, but still it was too much in people's face.

Bad Romance was a lead single, and gaga was hot at the time so it wouldnt effect her. However, since Judas flopped, they should have been more careful. They should have given a 4 month break kind of like Katy Perry did between Firework and E.T. idk, of course its speculation but I honestly believe these are the reasons. BTW did do well, but timing was key and they made some errors.

MarryTheKnight

you dont think any of the music on born this way was good enough to be a smash hit?