Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

The Second Half Of "Prism" is great

ComeToMama

Featured Posts

ComeToMama

Although this album may be a major trigger on this site, I would just like to state my probably unpopular opinion on the album. 

I am not a fan of the single releases of this album, or really the first half of the album in general. Tracks 1-8 can go and never return. 

I must say though, in terms of Katy albums, Prism has some of my favorite non-singles and they lie in the second half of the album. 

I specifically am referring to Love Me, This Moment, and Double Rainbow (Co-penned by our queen Sia). These songs are actually quite pretty and Double Rainbow, although I can't take the title very seriously, is a very beautiful song.

So, yeah, I was bored so thought I'd share this. Agree or disagree, have a nice day. Hope Katy's upcoming LP has some hidden gems too. 

Every part of Prism is great :reductive:

I love this record :reductive:

𝕞𝕪 𝕓𝕚𝕘𝕘𝕖𝕤𝕥 𝕖𝕟𝕖𝕞𝕪 𝕚𝕤 𝕞𝕖, 𝕡𝕠𝕡 𝕒 𝟡𝟙𝟙

2 minutes ago, ComeToMama said:

Although this album may be a major trigger on this sight, I would just like to state my probably unpopular opinion on the album. 

I am not a fan of the single releases of this album, or really the first half of the album in general. Tracks 1-8 can go and never return. 

I must say though, in terms of Katy albums, Prism has some of my favorite non-singles and they lie in the second half of the album. 

I specifically am referring to Love Me, This Moment, and Double Rainbow (Co-penned by our queen Sia). These songs are actually quite pretty and Double Rainbow, although I can't take the title very seriously, is a very beautiful song.

So, yeah, I was bored so thought I'd share this. Agree or disagree, have a nice day. Hope Katy's upcoming LP has some hidden gems too. 

This Moment is my favourite Katy song :diane:

𝕞𝕪 𝕓𝕚𝕘𝕘𝕖𝕤𝕥 𝕖𝕟𝕖𝕞𝕪 𝕚𝕤 𝕞𝕖, 𝕡𝕠𝕡 𝕒 𝟡𝟙𝟙

Versace

Lets be honest it's the first half that allowed the album to even sell. 

The second half is a cute experiment but not strong enough for a stand alone EP, IMO.

TeenIdle

Would've agreed if you had included Ghost. :nails:

There are some great tracks in the first half as well.

Lucas

The second half is also my favorite part. Ghost, Double Rainbow, Spiritual, It Takes Two, and Choose Your Battles are so good

ComeToMama
3 minutes ago, Versace said:

Lets be honest it's the first half that allowed the album to even sell. 

The second half is a cute experiment but not strong enough for a stand alone EP, IMO.

Oh I 100% agree with you. The front half of the album is where the radio friendly bops were, but I think that's why I didnt like them as much. 

DrKindnessKunt1999

The second half slays, the songs that I liked were "Love Me", "This Moment", "Double Rainbow", "By the Grace of God", "Spiritual", "It Takes Two", and "Choose Your Battles". 

I mean the first half wasn't that bad. I just think that "Walking On Air" and "Legendary Lovers" deserved to be singles, instead of "This is How we do", "Birthday", and "Roar". Also, "Dark Horse" would have been better without Juicy J. 

RonnieGagz

True

I would just add the first song too, Legendary Lovers is a bop!

♡Gaga♡TØP♡Nightwish♡Lana♡Lorde♡Grimes♡

YeehawKylie

Really? Either I have early onset Alzheimer's or I instantly forget every track on the second half of that album the second it ends cause they're forgettable. :diane:

halcyonpop
1 hour ago, T E Anne said:

i really like ghost.

Ghost is my favorite song on the album! I think Prism is overall good, but the songs on the back half definitely shine over the ones on the front half.

Archived