Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
charts

MR has fought bravely

Moebius

Featured Posts

YeehawKylie

Do you ever wonder what makes a person create a thread like this? The title,  the incorrect content, the fact that the original post fails to make a point, the question as to why this couldn't have simply been buried in the Charts & Discussion thread where it belongs...

Total mess, honestly. :madge:

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AM98GJ
1 hour ago, Andrew2512 said:

Yeah but they count the number of copies sold not for what price so the copies decreased means less sales .

I'm going to stop trying to help you understand

nattuggla
48 minutes ago, alejandreaux said:

i feel like even WITH the continued and growing radio support, the best we can hope for at this point is for it to rise to the top 20 on Billboard for a couple of weeks. but is that really worth it to spend more MONTHS pushing Million Reasons, when Gaga also has the tour and ASIB to worry about soon? I just feel like the time-frame that she has to put her FULL attention onto a single is getting smaller and smaller. idk why everyone gets so offended by people suggesting that MAYBE it might be time for them to start thinking about a new single. :oprah:

It's not just about the position at Billboard. It is about gaining back the trust of radio which is important for future singles. Her relationship with radio was really damaged and MR has the potential to fix it. But this just can be done by letting MR be the current single until it peaks on radio (which might happen in April). Then her team can start pushing the next single. But an abrupt abortion of MR does not make sense and isn't helpful at all for her future.

alejandreaux
7 minutes ago, nattuggla said:

It's not just about the position at Billboard. It is about gaining back the trust of radio which is important for future singles. Her relationship with radio was really damaged and MR has the potential to fix it. But this just can be done by letting MR be the current single until it peaks on radio (which might happen in April). Then her team can start pushing the next single. But an abrupt abortion of MR does not make sense and isn't helpful at all for her future.

i never said anything about an abrupt abortion though. i agree that we should keep it as the main single until it peaks on radio. i was just commenting on some little monsters in this thread and others, thinking that we should "keep hanging on to it until it goes back into the top 10" when that most likely will never happen without streaming and strong digital sales. the unwillingness to even CONSIDER other options it what annoyed me, but in the end i agree with what you said, especially the bolded part. :duck:

Savage
5 hours ago, mister max said:

stop already  its rising more then ever on radio and its doing good on Itunes, even after the discount was removed

next single would be dumb rn

THIS!!!! It was the most spun song on the radio yesterday!

Haldy
10 hours ago, Britney Spears said:

It's raising REALLY fast on the radio and it's only falling because the discount is over. You guys need to understand that DIC and Ayo and DH would FLOP

To be honest, who cares if one of those flops? Each is a great song deserving of some live performances and a killer video.John Wayne's music video was so fresh, fun and thankfully free of worry about chart positions/sales. It was just an enjoyable moment. I think Gaga should capitalize on that to keep the momentum going and hey... if it slays the charts as well? Awesome.

Economy
23 hours ago, mister max said:

stop already :awkney: its rising more then ever on radio and its doing good on Itunes, even after the discount was removed

next single would be dumb rn

This. U dont interfear on a rapidly rising single by releasing another single before your former single plateus

thats a sure way to not only kill success early on the current single, but also kill success on the next single

DemeLarell
1 hour ago, Economy said:

This. U dont interfear on a rapidly rising single by releasing another single before your former single plateus

thats a sure way to not only kill success early on the current single, but also kill success on the next single

Unless you're Justin Bieber. :hor:

DemeLarell

I think it will go higher because while she is slowly but surely getting power behind MR, some over the songs above her are about to drop below her no doubt. Some of them literally dropped 3-5 spots from last week. 

Economy
3 hours ago, DemeLarell said:

Unless you're Justin Bieber. :hor:

Doesnt work for most artists and wouldnt work for Gaga

they gotta be really popular among GP for radio to be willing to play more than 1 song at once in a significant amount of spins

Economy
4 hours ago, DemeLarell said:

I think it will go higher because while she is slowly but surely getting power behind MR, some over the songs above her are about to drop below her no doubt. Some of them literally dropped 3-5 spots from last week. 

But theres always new ones to replace them so its a neutral effect

What matters is MR power in relation to other rising songs

So far MR has been consistantly getting among the best updates, sometimes it gets the best updates

DemeLarell
46 minutes ago, Economy said:

Doesnt work for most artists and wouldnt work for Gaga

they gotta be really popular among GP for radio to be willing to play more than 1 song at once in a significant amount of spins

....... I was joking..... but where do you see this. I see quite a few artist that promotes 2 single at the same time.

Economy
49 minutes ago, DemeLarell said:

....... I was joking..... but where do you see this. I see quite a few artist that promotes 2 single at the same time.

How many succeed tho? And the few that do, its usually big artists with a lot if hype at the time like Rihanna, Justin Bieber, Drake etc

Gaga is respected and popularity has increased but i dont think enough to succeed with 2 singles at once

DemeLarell
1 minute ago, Economy said:

How many succeed tho? And the few that do, its usually big artists with a lot if hype at the time like Rihanna, Justin Bieber, Drake etc

Gaga is respected and popularity has increased but i dont think enough to succeed with 2 singles at once

OOOOh this is your opinion. This is no shade but I thought there was receipts. But my personal opinion that if the songs can stand on their own Gaga can do it. And then promotion would only push it's success. Million reasons can have another gaga single standing beside it if it was also strong enough to do so. 

Archived