Does ARTPOP have a bad song?

YeehawKylie

Featured Posts

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
musicnotbling
On 3/11/2017 at 2:02 PM, TheKillerQueen said:

I always skip Donatella, Aura, G.U.Y and MANiCURE. Half the album are just fillers. 

how could you skip g.u.y. it's one of the best on the album imo.

FameHookah

dope's vocals are horrible, jnd is so cringey 

thats it for me, my second fave after The Fame ,💚🌞

WTF is MDNA

brandonmercury

Weird.... ARTPOP is my least favorite album... I still keep Sexxx Dreams, ARTPOP, Mary Jane Holland and Do What U Want on my playlists tho, but I never go directly to them to listen to them if they come on then its okay.. haha

BORN THIS WAY was the best album in my opinion <3

Goddess

I hate Swine, Jewels N' Drugs and Dope. I would love if she replaced Swine for Brooklyn Nights

pdaines
On 3/11/2017 at 8:25 AM, IndieKylie said:

So, I recently listened to ARTPOP in full at work the other day. Clearly, I think it's her best album and nears perfection. But, in the past I'd always listen and skip from Sexxx Dreams to MANiCURE. I could not stomach Jewels n' Drugs. However, since I was at work I was distracted and ended up realizing that Jewels n' Drugs is not a bad song and that I actually kind of liked it? 

Gaga's verses and chorus on the track are the highlight. I feel like if she narrowed the features down to one and featured more of her verses that the song would not be so universally hated (as most agree it's one of her worst songs). The last minute and a half of the song is actually really good, even with the feature. :giveup:

Conclusion: There are no bad songs on ARTPOP, therefore, it's a near perfect album. :trollga:

I feel very much the same. Jewels N&#39; Drugs sharply clashes with what we expected and hoped for and wanted from Gaga. But years later, after having gotten used to it, it's actually not a bad song. 

In hindsight, I basically love everything on ARTPOP, and can no longer remember why I originally thought it felt unfinished. 

I honestly think that the material wasn't the problem -- G.U.Y. should have been a top-5 radio hit -- it was image and presentation. Gaga hyped what she was working on heavily, and then some things didn't materialize, and then Applause wasn't as big of a hit right off the bat as "Roar" and then Gaga was going crazy from all of the pressure and the bullshit from her label and it was all downhill from there. The media narrative ate her alive. 

I think if she released basically the same material today, without any particular hype, and just let the radio savor her high-production pop perfection, she would have no trouble at all... 

yes, but why don't we make this a poll bc i want to know if there's a general or majority consensus on which song is the worst...

Dope sucks. Everything else is so, so good... But, RIP to the "art disney stoner princess" direction for ARTPOP that was hinted at in the beginning. "Stache" remains my favorite track from the era, even though it was just Gaga playing with a Zedd track. What a killer jam to dance / get baked / feel fabulous with.

Goddess
On 15/03/2017 at 11:54 AM, FameHookah said:

dope's vocals are horrible, jnd is so cringey 

thats it for me, my second fave after The Fame ,💚🌞

That's my problem with Joanne. In all songs, her voice still annoying like in Dope

Enigma
On 11/03/2017 at 2:31 PM, JudasIsAHolyFoo said:

Just cannot stand Fashion! I cringe when Will.I.Am comes on with his nose plugged singing french :awkney:

I'm French and I cringe really hard when he comes on but it's somehow enjoyable... ?

Aura is my life. G.U.Y and Venus are on point. Sexx Dreams is really good and I love it, but the begining is weak so I always skip it. Jewels N&#39; Drugs is fun in moderation. MANiCURE is perfect, but idk, it gets boring easily. Do What U Want is catchy as hell. ARTPOP always felt like some kind of musical monologue to me rather than a song, so it could be considered as bad. I don't like Swine. Donatella is silly but I love it. Fashion! is ok. Mary Jane Holland is great. Dope kills the vibe, it doesn't belong here but it's really good. I don't get all the hype about Gypsy, but when the catchy part comes on, it gets really good. And Applause brings me good memories and I love it as a video / song / idea.

OliviaRodrigoStan

"Fashion!" :awkney:

Everything else is perfect :staymad:

HEART OF EVER-FROST

Archived