Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Pitchfork gives Ed Sheeran 2.8/10

FrankGutz

Featured Posts

gagagoogoose

His metacritic score is currently 68 and 5.6 among users.

Reverse Divided experience indeed.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Slayonce
7 minutes ago, Camore said:

I listened to the whole album in the midnight of its release. I didn't like it. I'm not among those GGD users who bash Divide without listening. 

Perfect is a failed doo wop ballad attempt with cheesy lyrics about having this woman for the rest of your life and having children with her. And it sounds like Close Your Eyes by Meghan Trainor.

Supermarket Flowers is a great song that doesn't deserve to be in an album of generic and bland love ballads and pop songs. Don't make me do a track-by-track review.

I will also give it a 3 because I only liked 4/5 songs in 16 tracks. It has a 5.6/10 user score in Metacritic so it is not only us who disliked it.

I never said he released the best album of the decade (:laughga:) and okay, I totally respect your opinion, you've heard it and didn't like it. It's a matter of taste.

That being said, there are so many people who are bashing him 'cause of his statements or his physical appearance and didn't even listen to the album:saladga:

PS: Perfect might be cheesy (I'd say romantic btw) but I think it has a really good melody and, basically, most of pop ballads could be defined as "cheesy".  Sticking to his music, What about "thinking out loud"?  That was cheesy too but the whole world enjoyed it. I wouln't call "perfect" a failed attempt, I think it's exactly what he wanted to create and, also, I do think it'll be the second single and smash records. Time will tell us ;)

Lord Ryry

Ed is the definition of overrated and his ego is disgusting. I am so ashamed of my country that he  is having 9 top 10 songs, streaming is stupid, and at least 4 people have come up to me and asked if i heard his new album. I'ts so bland and boring and unimaginative, literally Joanne is 100x better. If ed  released joanne it would be such a hit. This is worse than brexit

PartySick

They dragged, bludgeoned, and buried his work omg :air:

48 minutes ago, ToughHooker said:

it is sad that you think so, i can't speak for everyone else but personally i dislike him because a few recent interviews he gave left a "bitter taste", and a really unsympathetic feel concerning him

Yeah same. With me, even the smallest things can ruin certain artists. My first real impression of Ed has been these rude/shady interviews and Shape of You (just another boring tropical house song imo) being overplayed on the radio. He claims to have so much originality but all of his songs are identical either in sound or meaning to a million others. I could tolerate it if he was a nice guy but... :sweat:

And yeah, Gaga can be shady and all too but she has hundreds of redeeming qualities while Ed just doesn't imo :shrug:

A homo in eco-friendly packaging 🎁

Benji

Savage but the rating is accurate.

The whole album has three / four good songs then the rest either sounds the same but watered down or remakes of other popular "acoustic" songs released in the last couple of years.

Sorcerer
13 minutes ago, Slayonce said:

I never said he released the best album of the decade (:laughga:) and okay, I totally respect your opinion, you've heard it and didn't like it. It's a matter of taste.

That being said, there are so many people who are bashing him 'cause of his statements or his physical appearance and didn't even listen to the album:saladga:

PS: Perfect might be cheesy (I'd say romantic btw) but I think it has a really good melody and, basically, most of pop ballads could be defined as "cheesy".  Sticking to his music, What about "thinking out loud"?  That was cheesy too but the whole world enjoyed it. I wouln't call "perfect" a failed attempt, I think it's exactly what he wanted to create and, also, I do think it'll be the second single and smash records. Time will tell us ;)

I just hope some people will listen to it first before judging.

PS. Perfect might be a smash, but still smash =/= quality. Thinking Out Loud has amazing lyrics about love till their old and grey, and the phrases are creative. Perfect is about finding a beautiful girl and dancing with her and literally wanting to have kids with her. Thinking Out Loud is romantic, Perfect is cheesy for me, and cheesy actually means unpleasant. :happy: But still I respect your taste.

nikola

I see only the TRUTH......i hope hope people will soon realise that he is nothing but trash and just stop buying and listening his music

I've got an "F" and a "C" and I got a "K" too And the only thing that is missing is a bitch like "U"

alejandreaux

not a fan of Ed Sheeran at all but I felt like this was unnecessarily harsh 💀

even if the album is mediocre asf how could it possibly have been THAT had? I think Pitchfork wanted to earn "indie points" by dragging the s*** out of whatever is most popular at the moment. 😳

Boyboi12
6 hours ago, Morphine Prince said:

Ridiculous. The album is great. 

As a fan of ed... I think this is his weakest record. It  literally sounds like the other two! 

Katharine Hepburn
6 hours ago, MetalliGa said:

Pitchfork has always been savage but always trustworthy :applause:

remember when they defended her in 2014 :gaycat:

xoxo Joanne

Hades

When they were dragging Gaga (PI etc) you were calling them trash. Now that they trash someone you dislike they are trustworthy?

Oh please.:ladyhaha:

7 hours ago, Martin Garrix said:

humblebraggadocio

That's gotta be my favorite new word in a while.

Morphine Prince

You guys are pathetic. People love his music for a reason. 

You WISH your favorite artists got this much attention and streams this day and age. 

You guys just automatically hate anyone who's successful it seems. 

Freddy

Pitchfork are actually Gaga fans.

They didnt like PI (like 50% of us :reductive: ) but they are generally nice to her. And they chose 'Hey Girl' as the 'best new music track' of the week when Joanne was released.

They consider The Fame Monster as a classic pop record too. Overall they are really HARSH on pop records so Gaga is doing quite good with her reviews with them :sweat:

Poope MOnster
35 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

You guys are pathetic. People love his music for a reason. 

You WISH your favorite artists got this much attention and streams this day and age. 

You guys just automatically hate anyone who's successful it seems. 

people love his music .. so what?

i strongly dislike ed new album...  because it tragic album not base on his cocky attitude

many people here agree with this review for a reason and it make sense

you call people here pathetic base on they opinion

or People here need to be ed supporter like you are trumps supporter? etc etc  :classy:

Archived