Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
music news

Notorious B.I.G.'s Death: 20 Years Later

JohnWayne23

Featured Posts

JohnWayne23

One of the biggest rappers of the 90's, Notorious B.I.G., was murdered 20 years ago today at the age of 24.

Biggie released 2 albums before his death:

Ready To Die (1994) - 4x platinum certified

Ready_To_Die.jpg

Life After Death (1997) - Diamond certified (had already been planned to be released two weeks after his death, before he died)

Notorious_BIG-Life_After_Death1-e1331104684115.jpg

Prior to his death, Biggie had 3 Top 10 hits. "Big Poppa" (#6), "One More Chance" #2, and Hypnotized (#1) *released 8 days before his death*. He went on to have one more Top 10 hit "Mo Money Mo Problems" (#1) after his death. He also had 3 Top 10 hits as feature (2 of them occurring after his death). 

Biggie was linked romantically to Lil Kim, Wendy Williams and wife Faith Evans. 

lil-kim_1.jpg

Biggie with singer Faith Evans

evans-biggy.jpg

His funeral was attended by the likes of Mary J. Blige and Lil Kim

(Mary and Lil Kim)

tumblr_n28l6xrm5q1rtgs7go5_400.jpg

His widow Faith Evans is honoring her late husband with a new album coming out in May titled, "The King and I"

Faith-Evans-Notorious-BIG-The-King-And-I-2017-billboard-1548.jpg

Source: all the articles being written about him today, just search google

Gohan

Omg at the fact that all of his albums talk about death

tumblr_ojjjb4CCgl1u6n38po1_250.gif

tryna go ask Alice, tryna catch that rabbit

JohnWayne23
Just now, Gohan said:

Omg at the fact that all of his albums talk about death

tumblr_ojjjb4CCgl1u6n38po1_250.gif

i looked it up and i guess he pretty much knew he was gonna die because of his lifestyle. 

artRaver

His songs and Tupac used to scare the shït out of me because they talked about death like bitch I'm trying to listen to the beat not hear about your funeral arrangements and my wild imagination running later that night.

Now as an adult though I like Suicidal Thoughts practically how I feel in a song during my #derktimes.   :ladyhaha:

✿ cherry blossom girl ✿

peto flex

he is #1 in Billboard's  Best Rappers List 

1. Notorious B.I.G. :giveup:

Death at a young age can often elevate a rapper from modern-day star to bona fide legend. But Notorious B.I.G. already attained the latter status early on his career. His storytelling rhymes mined straight from his experiences in the Brooklyn streets materialized on 1994’s insta-classic Ready to Die, a wild mosaic of vividly visual rhymes delivered with the expertise of a linguistic master. By the time his group album with Junior M.A.F.I.A. dropped the following year, and his ambitious sophomore double-disc album Life After Death bowed just six days after his passing in March 1997, he’d already earned his title as the greatest rapper of all time. Unlike everyone else on this list, Biggie never dropped a single bad song, or a single errant bar.

Jay Z at 2  :madge:

💎💎

JohnWayne23
34 minutes ago, ARTPOPthatbooty said:

even Gaga acknowledges him :giveup:

tumblr_inline_oh1vf91LPN1qfpn3c_1280.jpg

Queen of rap

Biggie inspired her to do "Jewels N Drugs"

migamiga

I've always loved Biggie's music. Tbh I connect with it more than Tupac's (and I'm from the West Coast :laughga:)

JustinTrudeau

My older brother is a huge fan of him, so I grew up listening to his songs. I admire him because he worked hard from the bottom up to get to his level of success. It spooks me that his album "Life After Death" was set to released a days after. Even though he knew he was leading a risky life, it's still mind boggling for me. :duck:

R.I.P Biggie

I fell down the stairs once as an actor.

Archived