Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Joanne lacks soul

caseymonster

Featured Posts

caseymonster
42 minutes ago, HOTNGaga said:

Where did you get the idea we all expected a dark pop album? 

Also as some one else has quoted, I have lived in the south all my life and can confirm Joanne is no country album. There are a few songs with country influences, but calling Joanne a country album is wrong, and Gaga herself knows that, hence why it's still "pop".

I won't sit here and tell you though that the album doesn't sound "rushed", because that's obviously just an opinion and there are no facts to back up either end of that argument. 

OT: I just can't understand why people believe this album has no soul, songs like Diamond Heart, Angel Down, and Million Reasons all show deep emotion and have meanings far superior to plenty of her prior songs.

how can u not see the album is rushed, let me give you examples:

-"one,five, ten lay a million on me, before the end of the song" gaga freaking rhimed song with me?! In the most weak pre corus she ever ****ing created.

-ayo has rock vocals over tubas that sound like they were taken from shake it off. Also, that annoying repetition of mirror on the ceiling is cringing me and has nothing to do with any part of the song.

-dancing in circles is a metaphore to jerking off and it just pains me and obvious it is. Like when its this obvious she might as well say what she means. Again, display of lack of efford on creativity.

-perfect illusions lyrics are soooo freaking cheesy and repetitive She had tame impala work with her, but this was just annoyingly repetitive, bad bad bad guitar riffs and vocal mixture, like that yell "aaaaaa it was a perfect illusion" is done so badly. 

-sinners pray is the most pointless song ive heard. She might as well not put it. Awesome start with the guitar. Bad bad bad chorus. Horrible vocals, i cant believe they worked with father john misty on this. 

-gaga didnt even write a single word in come to mama. Its original is cum to mama and she just bought it and badly executed it into slmething that sounds like its made by maghen trainer

-angel down starts so nicely. And progresses to be the most anti climatic song on the album with literary no ****ing bridge (the bridge consists of gaga saying oh oh ooh for 40 seconds)

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Delusional Aura

Compared to her other albums, Joanne was lyrically the weakest. However, compared to her other albums, Joanne is one of the albums I like the most. So it's Born This Way, Joanne then TFM. 

Sylvanas
18 minutes ago, caseymonster said:

-"one,five, ten lay a million on me, before the end of the song" gaga freaking rhimed song with me?! In the most weak pre corus she ever ****ing created.

-ayo has rock vocals over tubas that sound like they were taken from shake it off. Also, that annoying repetition of mirror on the ceiling is cringing me and has nothing to do with any part of the song.

-dancing in circles is a metaphore to jerking off and it just pains me and obvious it is. Like when its this obvious she might as well say what she means. Again, display of lack of efford on creativity.

-perfect illusions lyrics are soooo freaking cheesy and repetitive She had tame impala work with her, but this was just annoyingly repetitive, bad bad bad guitar riffs and vocal mixture, like that yell "aaaaaa it was a perfect illusion" is done so badly. 

-sinners pray is the most pointless song ive heard. She might as well not put it. Awesome start with the guitar. Bad bad bad chorus. Horrible vocals, i cant believe they worked with father john misty on this. 

-gaga didnt even write a single word in come to mama. Its original is cum to mama and she just bought it and badly executed it into slmething that sounds like its made by maghen trainer

-angel down starts so nicely. And progresses to be the most anti climatic song on the album with literary no ****ing bridge (the bridge consists of gaga saying oh oh ooh for 40 seconds)

That's nice, sweetie.

tumblr_inline_n6bqhfl40Y1qzfk1z.gif

"Who are we, if not slaves to this torment?"

"one five ten lay a million on be before the end of the song" where gaga rhymes "me" with "song"

Are you a troll or what?, she rhymes "on" with "song", not "me"

Helxig

I could not disagree more.  This album has more soul than many of her songs. They all tell honest and real stories. They're true and blunt and aren't covered with layers of metaphors. They're her at her absolute rawest.

And Gaga never tried to rhyme "me" with "song". Why do you even think that? Because it's the word at the end of each line? What she's doing is using repitition, a language technique separate to rhyming, in the words "on" and "song" for their 'o' sound.

The lyrics "one, five, ten, lay a million on me, before the end of this song" are talking about when she was go-go dancing (stripping) and men would be throwing cash and she'd be thinking "yes! Throw all that money at me! Give me your ones, fives, tens, give me a million dollars" while she was on stage for her allocated song. That's why she goes on to explain "it's a good thing I know what I'm worth. If you want a good thing, put the money down first. Better get a good look baby, because soon I'm breaking out of here". She's saying that the only reason she made it through stripping okay was because she was strong, and knew her self worth even though men treated her like an object. Also because he was dead set on the fact that she'd make it as an artist and get out of that job.

And Angel Down is one of her most raw, passionate, beautiful songs about real pain and the current state of humanity. It made me cry on first listen, and music never does that for me. And Angel Down would be much less effective if it had an epic outro. You don't add a massive crescendo at the end of a song about pain and misery. It's supposed to feel melancholy and low, not large and powerful.

Every song has wordplay and is creative and interesting. Maybe the wordplay, metaphors, and actual meanings of the songs went over your head. There are many more creative writing techniques than rhyming, rhyming is just used frequently in pop because it is immediately catchy. And the lyrical content of every song tells a personal story.

Joanne may or may not be many things, but 'soulless' is definitely not one of them.

Maybe what you're really experiencing is a distaste for music that isn't electronic, or highly produced.

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

So you think it lacks soul because you don't like it? :oprah:

anybody knows you can conjure anything by the dark of the moon

Whispering
1 hour ago, Edonis said:

There's a sub genre in alternative music called Americana music which was once very popular in the late 60's and early 70's. It utilizes similar instrumentations as country, rock, and other alternative genres in a lighter way so it's not as hard hitting. It also references things unique to American culture lyrically and Joanne fits that. 

Exactly! I used to listen to Country music some...and Joanne would not fall under that category. Americana is a much better description! 

Joanne is not soulless

nothing abt it's music is basic or rushed 

Joanne is styled to fit the American audience unlike her previous records (which makes sense as she wants to win back the GP starting from her home country)

Also 'if you didn't enjoy the album, sorry you can't have ur money back bcos I'll use it to make a new one that u might like' :hug:

1 hour ago, caseymonster said:

Chill! You are either hungry or frustrated at something, and if you know so much abt writing and recoding why are u only writing on ggd? U should be signed to interscope at this rate :reductive:

GagzDonkeyD

:sweat:  stop reading there she rhymed on with song 

what version of Diamond Heart were you listening to ?

or are you just a troll lol 

MichaelSimpson7

Come to Mama is literally a soul song :huh:

And the rhyme in Diamond heart is 'on' and 'song'. It's a clever writing technique called assonance. She uses it a lot in Aura.

Not that lyrics have to rhyme to be good...

Ooolong

Everyone who mentions that she did wrong with Joanne because she didn't make more commercial songs can choke. :toofunny:

How many times does she, along with the rabid fans on here, have to tell you she doesn't care about what the general public wants (for the most part)? :toofunny:

The Unbannable Chanteuse

Every one of your points is wrong on every level, including the titles.

I was gonna break each one of your ideas, but its so bad that its pointless

Archived