Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Joanne lacks soul

caseymonster

Featured Posts

HOTNebraskaGuy
6 minutes ago, TimisaMonster said:

On a serious note...I do agree to a degree...lol

I feel Joanne was a rushed concept, because we were all expecting a dark pop album again from her and then out of nowhere we got a...Gaga country album? :wtfga:

I just feel that the music she made with Mark was sub par to her "signature" sound and didn't feel well thought out.

Even Perfect Illusion feels forced and out of place on Joanne...it lacks a real "effort" since the lyrics are very repetitive, the instrumental is "light" and very simple...

Then the rest of the album is ballads and country tunes trying to NOT be as described by Gaga but...it's a country album. Was she trying to say she at least did a COUNTRY album once in here career just to say so? "I've done pop, rock, jazz, now COUNTRY"...get what I'm saying?

Where did you get the idea we all expected a dark pop album? 

Also as some one else has quoted, I have lived in the south all my life and can confirm Joanne is no country album. There are a few songs with country influences, but calling Joanne a country album is wrong, and Gaga herself knows that, hence why it's still "pop".

I won't sit here and tell you though that the album doesn't sound "rushed", because that's obviously just an opinion and there are no facts to back up either end of that argument. 

OT: I just can't understand why people believe this album has no soul, songs like Diamond Heart, Angel Down, and Million Reasons all show deep emotion and have meanings far superior to plenty of her prior songs.

One, five, ten lay a million on me

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Edonis
1 minute ago, TimisaMonster said:

Ok then...so like I said...it sounds like a country album cuz it's influenced by it...in lyrics, instrumentation, and imagery...just look at the cover

But that's not what makes something country. And Americana as a genre uses more than just twangy hooks and guitar. Joanne only has one truely country-esque and that's Sinner's Prayer. The others are just pop Americana songs lol. 

TimisaMonster
Just now, HOTNGaga said:

Where did you get the idea we all expected a dark pop album? 

Also as some one else has quoted, I have lived in the south all my life and can confirm Joanne is no country album. There are a few songs with country influences, but calling Joanne a country album is wrong, and Gaga herself knows that, hence why it's still "pop".

I won't sit here and tell you though that the album doesn't sound "rushed", because that's obviously just an opinion and there are no facts to back up either end of that argument. 

OT: I just can't understand why people believe this album has no soul, songs like Diamond Heart, Angel Down, and Million Reasons all show deep emotion and have meanings far superior to plenty of her prior songs.

Ummm...Gaga was literally hinting at it hard! 

Returning to the Art of Darkness...AHS will heavily influence my music...RedOne...like :awkney:

Well coming from LA and hearing that album, reading the lyrics, and looking at the imagery...it's more country than any pop album from her

I just say "rushed" cuz I don't know at what point she transitioned from the original LG5 theme to "joanne" 

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Dirtyicecreamz

I get where you're coming from. That's the reason I reallyyyy dislike AYO or Sinner's Prayer cause it sounds like she's trying to be "country" but it's very stereotypical and tacky compared to something like You and I which was AMAZIIING and had a slight country vibe to it. But Diamond Heart and Hey Girl sound very genuine, raw and original. 

If Gaga had released another pop album after ARTPOP people would have said that she's trying too hard for hits and it would have prob flopped. Now that we've had Joanne and we've seen her vulnerable side, her NEXT album should be more pop/rock/theatrical like a BTW part 2  :rockstar:

Stop the music, Start the drama.

TimisaMonster
1 minute ago, Edonis said:

But that's not what makes something country. And Americana as a genre uses more than just twangy hooks and guitar. Joanne only has one truely country-esque and that's Sinner's Prayer. The others are just pop Americana songs lol. 

ok...vajF0s1.gif

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Pacify Him

I fully support the OP. I see it in the exact same way too.

But I loled when you excluded Dope :laughga:

I’m getting on your nerves

HOTNebraskaGuy
5 minutes ago, Edonis said:

Sinner's Prayer is not country it's folk.

One, five, ten lay a million on me

Edonis
1 minute ago, HOTNGaga said:

Sinner's Prayer is not country it's folk.

I said country-esque :laughga: A colloquial term for a song with similar vibes to more traditional country songs, which is what I was discussing with Timisa. But I agree with your statement, it does bear closer resemblance to folk music, akin to Johnny Cash. 

RadioIsOurs

I agree to a certain extent; Joanne might have a lot of power, but it lacks 'soul' in some parts...

caseymonster
42 minutes ago, ChrisC said:

um Joanne took so many risks. There are barely any commercial or gp friendly songs on the album when she could  have used the opportunity to recapture the public's love and attention that she desperately needs with radio friendly killer bops. Plus she must've known that PI as the lead or the MR music video were gonna flop so I wouldn't say she didn't take risks with this album.

Joanne did not take any risks. Maybe gaga took the risks By not making a dance pop record. However, this singer/songwritter is extremely overdone and was done better by many other artists. The risks that you are talking about are nothing new.

41 minutes ago, Fernster7 said:

Lmao if you think Joanne is a generic or radio friendly album you have no idea what you're talking about.

And it has more soul than half of her discography to be honest. 

Jusr because it lacks any radio friendly track it doesnt make the album any more unique or less generic. In fact. Sinners prayer, ayo, come to mama are all as generic as it can get without having any appeal to be radio friendly. It definitly lacks character and souls incompare to even c2c. Gaga is not very good with being emotional, and its ok. Dont force it henny, and write more about burquas and unicorns and what not...

As always gaga is releasing half baked products with interesting vision and horrible execution....

Seeka

I stopped reading when I saw Glitter and grease mentioned.

I apologize but that is filler content. The studio version at least. Pales in comparison to the live version we've all heard.

And shame on you for shaming Dope.

I can't even.

Ashley
14 minutes ago, caseymonster said:

As always gaga is releasing half baked products with interesting vision and horrible execution....

If that's how you feel about her work then why are you a fan?

SpookyKid
1 hour ago, TimisaMonster said:

On a serious note...I do agree to a degree...lol

I feel Joanne was a rushed concept, because we were all expecting a dark pop album again from her and then out of nowhere we got a...Gaga country album? :wtfga:

I just feel that the music she made with Mark was sub par to her "signature" sound and didn't feel well thought out.

Even Perfect Illusion feels forced and out of place on Joanne...it lacks a real "effort" since the lyrics are very repetitive, the instrumental is "light" and very simple...

Then the rest of the album is ballads and country tunes trying to NOT be as described by Gaga but...it's a country album. Was she trying to say she at least did a COUNTRY album once in here career just to say so? "I've done pop, rock, jazz, now COUNTRY"...get what I'm saying?

Except Joanne is not country :awkney: 

Life has a hopeful undertone |-/

RAMROD

Stop calling Joanne as country, it is NOT! :sharon:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Archived