💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

Betty Who - "You Can Cry Tomorrow"

Petrichor

Featured Posts

JohnWayne23

Remember when she was thought to be the next big thing in 2014? Many sites were speculating she would be

I really thought she was gonna be the next Katy Perry, but it never happened

TIME Magazine:

Betty Who

This Australian-born, New York-based pop singer released her upbeat debut EP, The Movement, last April. Since then, the 22-year-old — born Jessica Newham — has worked tirelessly to get her catchy melodies stuck in everyone’s heads. It was only after her improbably peppy song “Somebody Loves You” was featured in a proposal video that went viral (over 10 million views and counting!) that record labels came calling. Who will soon join a roster of RCA artists that includes heavyweights like Justin Timberlake, Britney Spears and Kelly Clarkson. Her second EP is due out in early 2014.

Listen: “Somebody Loves You”

PopCrush

Betty Who

You won’t be saying “Betty who?” for much longer. The self-taught Aussie, who plays piano and guitar, is an alum of the prestigious Berklee College of Music. Born Jessica Anne Newham, Betty Who is on our radar thanks to the way she imbued the addictive ‘Somebody Loves You’ with ’80s sheen. It’s like one of those songs used for a montage in a John Hughes movie. But it’s not overly retro. It’s more of an homage. Plus, we challenge you to purge it from your brain after listening to it. Her voice is unique and her attention to hooks and melody is pretty uncanny. Betty Who is now signed to RCA, so expect to hear a lot more of her.

Spock

So good, can't wait for the album

who will love me when the night is over

MonsterPaws

Idk why but music like this doesn't "stir" anything in me anymore.

It's good I guess but I can't really tell :wacko:

This is why I found Green Light so refreshing; it's clearly pop but there's something there that feels new and different.

Archived